The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

Considerable metre gauge trackage of the former Jodphur Bikaner railway passed to Pakistan upon partition, leaving an isolated network of lines based on Mirpur Khas.
On 18 November 1978, former J & B oil burning 4-6-0 Class P no.124, built in 1914 by Hanomag, Germany, was on shed at Mirpur Khas. 

post-4406-0-86777500-1502419896_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Shunting tractor ASF no. 126 at Rostock Seehafen, January 2001.  These little battery-electric locomotives were an East German solution to moving main-line locomotives within depots.

attachicon.gifD01018a.jpg

Looks like a shortened Trabant on rails.........

Cheers,

Mick

The ASF, being a battery electric, is nowhere as (cough) polluting (choke, splutter) as a Trabant!

Please may I have another go?

This is a favourite of mine - a monster 27E type Bo-Bo-Bo articulated electric locomotive, part of a fleet of thirty that work in the brown coal industry around Most (Czech Republic).  They are classified 127.6 (like this one) and 127.7.

post-10122-0-44028900-1502481101_thumb.jpg

128 could bring us into BR parcels single units, perhaps?

• Like 3

Ex-CFR 131.059 stored at the paper mill in Covasna, Romania.

post-10122-0-27868700-1502528680_thumb.jpg

The 760mm narrow gauge forestry operations at Covasna were very popular with visitors and visiting tour groups.  Timber from trees felled in Commandau were steam hauled to the top of the inclined plane at Siclau, where they were transferred to wagons which descended under gravity to the bottom where there was another transhipment point and onward steam haulage.  Although the timber is now taken away by road and the inclined plane closed, there remains preserved steam on both parts of the narrow gauge system.

Less visited was the paper mill at Covasna, with standard gauge tracks that were also steam-worked at least until 1998.  However, the former CFR large 2-6-2T was out of use by that time.  I have no record of it having been preserved, although at least six classmates have survived.

I obtained permission to visit the paper mill despite managing to knock over a vase of flowers in the office and spilling water over the desk!

Edited by EddieB

• RMweb Premium

I would say not in the same category and personally I would hope also not again in this thread.

We want to see different photos, not the same one several times. :nono:

Cheers

Keith

I've probably some that have already been up but haven't offered them again.

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Premium

133(8)    I was going to use a Didcot colour version, but thought that this might be more interesting

attachicon.gifCardiff Railway 040ST 1338 Bleadon.jpg

Interesting seeing that as I used to see one of the other non-GWR saddle tanks (1340) when it was pottering around Alders Paper Mill in Tamworth.

It also went to Didcot.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

How small do you have to go before you have to switch to the other 'next photo' thread?! This is 10.25" gauge. Perhaps when they are no longer passenger carrying?

Photographed at the late-lamented Brighton Modelworld.

post-14351-0-42023800-1502554861_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters

Coach VW5138

2nd in a rake of preserved coaches behind WAGR Pacific PM721, Northam Railway Museum.

The coach was converted for track gangs to sleep and cook in when away in the country and last used in the 60's. The second picture shows the kitchen and shower end (with some of the museums exhibits in it - note the model of the Diesel Prospector railcar) sleeping quarters were at the other end.

post-23233-0-15350700-1502596355_thumb.jpg

post-23233-0-47751600-1502596809_thumb.jpg

• Like 1