The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Premium

West Coast Main Line?

As in any time period and any place, but no two locations the same and no two locos/MU the same?

Problem is the overseas members/railways don't get much of a look in!

Could limit it to a fixed number of posts then something else.

Keith

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

OK lets do loco/MU classes beginning with 1

UK can be TOPS or any earlier system using numbers as class desiginator  e.g. as in  British Rail class 01 or GCR 8K (but would need to be in the correct livery)

Overseas likewise.

Keith

Who's going to start the ball rolling?

Edited by melmerby

As you have stuck one in between - albeit another go at the X conundrum - here's a Y

That's perhaps the only practical solution, in the absence of any pictures of the Yokohama Subway (or similar). Despite the branding, weren't they always Foster Yeoman? Hence my struggle to think of a company starting with Y.

OK lets do loco/MU classes beginning with 1

This class begins with '1' (sic), but I suspect you were hoping to see 149 other pics before it .......

post-1525-0-24467300-1501750268.jpg

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Premium

This class begins with '1' (sic), but I suspect you were hoping to see 149 other pics before it .......

attachicon.gifgallery_1525_402_24781.jpg

Help!  Are we doing classes starting at 01 or 1, or carrying on with 3?

I thought we were going to do classes not loco/MU numbers, that's what I suggested in post #1954

That is a class 150!

Keith

Please start at 1 or 01 or 1F or......

Then follow with a 2 etc.

Edited by melmerby

It would be easy to step through BR diesel classes, but in the interests of variety - Bulgaria BDZ 01.13 2-8-2, at the Kalojanovec strategic reserve.

post-10122-0-18963300-1501752252_thumb.jpg

Thanks to a broken camera bag strap, I wasn't taking photographs when the armed guards found me...

• Like 1

I thought we were going to do classes not loco/MU numbers, that's what I suggested in post #1954

That is a class 150!

Keith

Please start at 1 or 01 or 1F or......

Then follow with a 2 etc.

Now that's much clearer :)

The effect of a missing semicolon........

"OK lets do loco/MU classes; beginning with 1"

• RMweb Gold

Just for clarity, would a TOPS number beginning with class designation not count, eg 85 002, even though the loco is technically No.2 of Class 85?

It's probably not that much of an issue as I'm sure there are many No2's out there, and I don't just mean after non controlled-emission toilets have been flushed onto the track.

Euston, we have a problem! I'm not sure where to go with this, as there seems to be generally a lack of the lowest TOPS classifications and few alternatives. Taking preserved and pre-TOPS into account, I could illustrate nearly all the British diesel and electric classes from 01 all by myself, filling in any gaps with more foreign stuff. But where's the fun in that?

The question is, is this request still a goer, or should we find an alternative suggestion?

My suggestion would have been places that contain a boy or girl's name, going through the alphabet. So, A could be St. Annes-on-the-sea, Port Arthur or Bridge of Allan, for example. Normal spellings and shortening s would apply.

Over to the regular participants.

Where and when, please?

attachicon.gif22893179532_95076c53a0_o.jpg

:mail:

Having arrived on Train no.1162 from Afyon, Turkish Railways (TCDD) 2-10-0 56523 was coaled, turned and watered at Alaşehir, in western Turkey, on 1 April 1984.

56523 was built by Maschienenbau und Bahnbedarf AG of Berlin (formerly Orenstein & Koppel) in 1943. 
Edited by bingley hall

• RMweb Premium

Euston, we have a problem! I'm not sure where to go with this, as there seems to be generally a lack of the lowest TOPS classifications and few alternatives. Taking preserved and pre-TOPS into account, I could illustrate nearly all the British diesel and electric classes from 01 all by myself, filling in any gaps with more foreign stuff. But where's the fun in that?

The question is, is this request still a goer, or should we find an alternative suggestion?

My suggestion would have been places that contain a boy or girl's name, going through the alphabet. So, A could be St. Annes-on-the-sea, Port Arthur or Bridge of Allan, for example. Normal spellings and shortening s would apply.

Over to the regular participants.

What's wrong with 2P, or a foreign class 02 or something known as a 2?

You can get up to 9 just with BR standard class steamers, plenty of TOPS after that as well as foreigners (Class 52 2-10-0 from Germany etc.)

Use your imagination! there is plenty out there, L&YR* used numbered classes as did the Caledonian* & Great Central. Some LNWR classes start with a number. (Think 19")

I mentioned the GC 8K which is LNER O2 or ROD but to qualify it would need to be in GCR livery.

Keith

EDIT, we've had a "1" so corrected range

* Still in Use during BR period AFAIK.

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

You can get up to 9 just with BR standard class steamers, plenty of TOPS after that as well as foreigners (Class 52 2-10-0 from Germany etc.)

Use your imagination! there is plenty out there, L&YR* used numbered classes as did the Caledonian* & Great Central. Some LNWR classes start with a number. (Think 19")

I mentioned the GC 8K which is LNER O2 or ROD but to qualify it would need to be in GCR livery.

Keith

Isn't 2P a power classification rather than class?

As for Great Central locos in GC livery I doubt many people have photos from their own albums from the pre-grouping period. I have a fair selection of photos, which were produced in the 1920s, mainly as postcards, from a collection my father acquired. I wouldn't use them as they are published images not personal photos. They can be seen at http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/album/4063-great-central-railway-c1920s/

Keith

Like I said, I've got plenty of coverage, but otherwise this topic doesn't seem to be getting a lot of traction (sorry).   I'm just a bit concerned that it feels like I'm on my own, out on a limb, playing with myself - which I was always warned could be bad for my eyes!

Here's a class 02, as preserved at Meadowhall (other 02s, 2MTs, etc. available). 

post-10122-0-92953800-1501781047_thumb.jpg