The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

You might have a problem doing the round trip in under the 24 hours before the wildcard rule kicks in!

Google maps say I can manage one way in 10hr 35 mins, so if I didn't eat, sleep or stop for a p you never know.

Thankfully Eddie has saved Me with his Z.

Of course what I would have done is just popped down to Bassendean and photographed the Zanthus cabin that's been relocated to the Rail Museum and just told you chaps I did the big trip :D

The goods yard at Wokingham, Berkshire. One of my grottiest photos, but it was taken from the window of a moving train, with one of my early cameras. I suppose it could even have been my Mum's Box Brownie!

post-7091-0-89694200-1501499621.jpg

Next, yet another shire county.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Crewe, in the ceremonial county of Cheshire (the County Council of Cheshire was abolished and replaced by unitary authorities but if Brenda visits the town she will be met by the Lord Lieutenant of Cheshire, so it still exists for ceremonial reasons)

24853131106_942d307e69_b.jpgVirgin Class 90, 2003, Crewe by wombatofludham, on Flickr

• Like 1

I've got one - but not accessible where I am now :(

Also cant remember if it says Berlin Zoologischer Garten

Google tells me this:

Bhf BZG.png

I doubt it'll have the Berlin prefix on the U-Bahn. S-Bahn might since it shares it's alignment with the main line.

Anyway, that's ancient history now.

I can't ask since I have no proper contribution but anyone got a picture of a 2-8-4 "Berkshire" ;)

• RMweb Gold

Gloucestershire this one. I am not sure of the origin of this coach - although it says Eastern Region. The neighbouring coach looks interesting, from the little bit one can see.

post-14351-0-32970800-1501505400_thumb.jpg

Another shire - there's still several left.

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Isle of Wight  - Hampshire?  Taken around 1986 at Ryde 

And now J

I think you will find that the Isle of Wight is a county - with out a shire at the end. If it were to be part of Hampshire, that county has been had - at Eastleigh above.

• RMweb Gold

Here's a conundrum. If we are talking shires, then this photo is in Merionethshire (English spelling) although administratively it is Gwynedd, which isn't a shire county. Meirionnydd (Welsh spelling) was a district of Gwynedd between 1974 and 1996, and a Cantref of the old Kingdom of Gwynedd.

So I'll go with Merionethshire!

35453852664_94a15d68c8_h.jpgYeo at Fairbourne Penrhyn Point by wombatofludham, on Flickr

• Like 3