The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

While in Corsica we took a coach tour around Bastia, I was aware we would pass the station and took this photo from the coach,

I have no idea what any of it is,

post-7081-0-66622500-1500559016_thumb.jpg

Bastia depot 26/6/2014

And the next photo will be have been taken on another European island

cheers

• Like 3

Westrail WCA type "Prospector" railcar at Forrestfield depot, Perth.

attachicon.gifW87017a.jpg

That would have been a while ago Eddie. I haven't seen one of those for years. The last time I saw them they were just parked up in Kewdale I don't know what happened to them (I might look into it). I did a fair few trips to Merredin and Kalgoorlie "on the cushions" on them https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAGR_WCA/WCE_class

It Looks like one of the coaches from the Indian Pacific (Trans Australia) in the background.

That would have been a while ago Eddie. I haven't seen one of those for years. The last time I saw them they were just parked up in Kewdale I don't know what happened to them (I might look into it). I did a fair few trips to Merredin and Kalgoorlie "on the cushions" on them https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAGR_WCA/WCE_class

It Looks like one of the coaches from the Indian Pacific (Trans Australia) in the background.

Yes, it was back in 1987.

• RMweb Premium

And the next photo will be have been taken on another European island

cheers

Do the British Isles count as European?

post-408-0-12877100-1500569867_thumb.jpg

If not, let''s reuse the original question with a caveat.

A European Island that isn't part of the Britsh Isles.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Do the British Isles count as European?

Cheers,

Mick

Has Britain ever really been European? :jester:

e.g. "Fog in Channel - Europe cut off"

The fact that the population mainly consists of various waves of European Invaders: Celts, Romans, Anglo-Saxons/Jutes,

Vikings/Danes, Normans (In reality yet more Vikings!) etc. etc. for some reason seems to have made the population somewhat Europe averse and insular. :scratchhead: 

Keith

I'm assuming that the British mainland isn't counted as a European island!

Here's a local train departing from Samtens on the island of Rügen in Germany, with 143 203-8 propelling a couple of double-deck carriages.  Rügen is an island in the Baltic (Ostsee): better known for the Rügensche Klieinbahn - one of the steam-worked narrow gauge lines of DDR times that passed straight into preservation; and for the transport museum at Prora - which has an impressive collection of locomotives and other vehicles as well as various small locomotives distributed around the island acting as signposts to the museum.  

There is a mainline from Berlin via Stralsund to a terminus and ferry port at Sassnitz (train ferry to Trelleborg in Sweden) and a branch terminating at Binz.

post-10122-0-09264000-1500570559_thumb.jpg

post-10122-0-55667800-1500571475_thumb.jpg

Staying with the Baltic theme - how about a 4-6-4 or 4-6-4T steam locomotive - alive or dead - as the next subject?

Edited by EddieB
  • Like 2

Staying with the Baltic theme - how about a 4-6-4 or 4-6-4T steam locomotive - alive or dead - as the next subject?

post-23233-0-06599900-1500605764.jpg

Dd 596 in 1985

4-6-4T Dd 596 was the Final Engine of it's class Built for Suburban Passenger work by the WAGR. It was slated for restoration to mainline work but found to be beyond economic repair. (Dd592 was restored to mainline standards Instead) However 596 was cosmetically repaired in 1989 and now sits pride of place at the Gosnells Railway Markets. See it at the link http://www.australiansteam.com/Dd%20596.htm

Next picture please to be of a restored or preserved signal cabin / box anywhere in the world. Inside or out, near a running line or not, doesn't matter.

Edited by The Blue Streak

This is the trackbed of an old quarry line which closed in the 1930s that went from I think where Levisham is now to Rosedale and Chimney Top in the heart of the North Yorkshire Moors. I know the area very well from a certain country pursuit. Anyway, enough said.

Next, something beer related.

PS Sorry it's sideways on!

post-31351-0-72999900-1500618691_thumb.jpeg

Edited by SVRlad
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

PS Sorry it's sideways on!

Why is it sideways on?

Can't you rotate it 90 degrees then post it as an attachment?

Even the most basic of picture editors has a rotate function.

Keith

Edited by melmerby

Former BR 08022, sold to Guinness for their operation at Park Royal, "LION" is seen at the Old Oak Common Open Day in 1991.  I think it is now preserved on the Cholsey & Wallingford railway.

post-10122-0-15547400-1500623279_thumb.jpg

Next, let's go back a step in the production of alcohol - some bulk grain wagons please.

Edited by EddieB
  • Like 2

Is it that the location is incorrect or the fact that it is the route of a former quarry line or both? Where does that leave the challenge?

It is indeed the Rosedale line, but I made a mistake in thinking it was connected to what is now the NYMR.

• RMweb Premium

Next, let's go back a step in the production of alcohol - some bulk grain wagons please.

post-23233-0-87289900-1500624642.jpg

Standard Gauge Grainy with double headed CBH  MP33c Locomotives

(taken at the same location in Avon Valley as the post I put up of the Pac Nat Freighter a few days ago)

Next up A Something Railway related to do with ports, docks or boats from Anywhere Please

Edited by The Blue Streak
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold