The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

Editing....

Good move!

One for the "lines in the landscape" thread?  A view from Snowdon summit on a day of unusually fine weather.

post-10122-0-48188600-1497463229_thumb.jpg

Ok, enough hills and mountains - somewhere low lying (but not beside the sea)

Edited by EddieB
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

On the Somerset Levels, but close to Glastonbury Tor. Nice 'there's a prototype for everything' telegraph pole.

post-14351-0-46929900-1497465769_thumb.jpg

Not mountainous and not low-lying - a nice scene with rolling hills - please

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 7

Lets go with their successors - how about a Pacer in a pre-privatised paint scheme

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/8372-aye-aye-skipper/

Sorry it's a link, according to the page it doesn't exist when I try to fetch it back :(

Next, how about an electric blue locomotive?

88002 with the Northern Belle set at Euston last month.

post-10122-0-40145400-1497476076_thumb.jpg

Next - cross-border stock at a frontier station* within the Schengen area.

*I.e. the last station before a national border or boundary.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I'm sure there was one (class 150?) with an advert for either Devon or Cornwall along the sides, because I remember seeing it at Temple Meads but not taking a great deal of notice at the time. That was in addition to a couple of Ginsters branded 158s which were operating in the West Country about 13/14 years ago. 

EDITED, to add that after a bit of internet research I have discovered there were 2 class 150s, 150234 and 150244 treated in this manner.

Photos from side on are not that common, but here is 150244  - https://walesrails.smugmug.com/Class-by-class/Second-Generation-DMU/Second-Generation-DMU-150/i-TxKwz7T/A

Look what I have found - as usual looking for something else! It's a bit of a grotty photo as I took it from inside another train - probably a 442. I knew that I had seen it somewhere. Because of the reflections I hadn't bothered to process or upload it before.

post-14351-0-53620000-1497479983_thumb.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 1

Diesel single unit 52302 at Eastleigh 12 10 2006.jpg

The "set number" would be 153 302 - now with East Midlands Trains; 153 333 apparently carries advertising for South Devon.

Diesel single unit 52302 at Eastleigh 12 10 2006.jpg

Just to be different a narrow gauge cross border train at Tirano, Italy, RhB station

Erm, strictly speaking Italy is, but Switzerland isn't in the Schengen area - but I'm not going to object to a lovely picture such as that!

Edited by EddieB

88002 with the Northern Belle set at Euston last month.

attachicon.gif3G5A4942.jpg

Next - cross-border stock at a frontier station* within the Schengen area.

*I.e. the last station before a national border or boundary.

That's stretching a point innit :jester:

Unless - and I can't tell from the resolution of the pic I can see, that those first two vehicles are some of the ex Manchester Pullman MK2 cars?

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Premium

Just to be different a narrow gauge cross border train at Tirano, Italy, RhB station

Erm, strictly speaking Italy is, but Switzerland isn't in the Schengen area - but I'm not going to object to a lovely picture such as that!

Well, Being even more pedantic it meets the original request of "cross-border stock at a frontier station* within the Schengen area"

It didn't say both countries had to be in the Schengen!

Keith

Look what I have found - as usual looking for something else! It's a bit of a grotty photo as I took it from inside another train - probably a 442. I knew that I had seen it somewhere. Because of the reflections I hadn't bothered to process or upload it before.

attachicon.gifDiesel single unit 52302 at Eastleigh 12 10 2006.jpg

Thanks for that photo. There were obviously more units treated in this manner than I had thought.