The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Premium

Doesn't open it up much though, does it?

I'd wager there's not many other 66's on passenger trains been that way?

Just sayin' like :devil:

There has been at least 6 that I am aware of. However someone please feel free to offer a wildcard. This will be my last post in this thread. I follow the rules after being reminded of them and amend a post and I still get told I'm doing wrong. Edited by Hilux5972

There has been at least 6 that I am aware of. However someone please feel free to offer a wildcard. This will be my last post in this thread. I follow the rules after being reminded of them and amend a post and I still get told I'm doing wrong.

Why not wait and see?

No need to take yer ball home yet; and you could get the bonus of an 'I told you so' . :yes:

Edited by leopardml2341

• RMweb Premium

I would be glad to wait and see. Some people feel it only right to admonish me, even after I amended the post to remove a specific loco number, and still say that I am not following the spirit of the thread. And if a photo is forth coming, I will taken great pleasure in saying that phrase lol.

Edited by Hilux5972

There has been at least 6 that I am aware of. However someone please feel free to offer a wildcard. This will be my last post in this thread. I follow the rules after being reminded of them and amend a post and I still get told I'm doing wrong.

Hi Hilux. I am sorry you feel the way you do. As you say there have been at least 6 posts similar to yours (after being amended). lol

It is intended to be light-hearted and I have said on more than one occasion to keep the requests broad. It attracts more pictures from more members.

I hope you do post your pictures in the future.

• RMweb Premium

I would be glad to wait and see. Some people feel it only right to admonish me, even after I amended the post to remove a specific loco number, and still say that I am not following the spirit of the thread. And if a photo is forth coming, I will taken great pleasure in saying that phrase lol.

I would be more than happy to see a picture of a class 66 hauling a passenger train at Gairlochead. I don't doubt it happened, nor do I doubt there may be the odd photo of this (you may have one yourself for all I know). My comment was more about the sudden specificity of the request which brought the pictures to a screaming halt. This thread is good fun, with a huge variety of pictures from all parts of the world and many eras, and there have been some excellent pictures posted. Sometimes it is quite hectic, as last night, sometimes it is very quiet.

My point is that if this request is followed by a wildcard with the request for a class 73 operating a Waterloo - Salisbury service at Andover (happened at least a couple of times), chances are it will be another 24 hours until the next picture, and so on and so forth.

So there cannot really be an 'I told you so', because the basic premis stands.

I do apologise if I came across a bit short, but it was very much a case of 'oh, well that's killed it for the moment'.

A Wildcard to move things on

rev3%20800px%20%2066849_66512%20Ferrysid

Now a passenger train with semaphore/s

post-4474-0-28115400-1497172361_thumb.jpg

This is 69632 at Thames Wharf Junction in August 1961.

Next, a 1st generation DMU with semaphores

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Royal Scot in Service on The NYMR - plenty of semaphores.

post-11377-0-49880500-1497173587_thumb.jpg

Next - An impression of power please

Obviously beaten to it by jonny777 while locating my photo and, as strike through is not available, the next photo should be as per his request

Regards,

John

Edited by Brit70053
  • Like 1

Next, a 1st generation DMU with semaphores

Will this do?

post-1525-0-12290500-1497174726.jpg

There is a semaphore arm visible just above the 3rd open door!

If it stands then how about a 2nd generation DMU with semaphores?

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1

Thanks for bringing this thread back and keeping it rolling guys. This has quickly become my favourite part of the forum, I love seeing railway photos from different places and getting a chance to keep looking back through my own archive.

14267342240_58227c6956_b.jpg

156480 passes the old Carnforth signal box by Timothy Young, on Flickr

There does not seem to be a 'third generation' according to Wikipedia, so to continue the theme - a DMU built after the year 2000 with semaphores please...

Edited by Tim R-T-C
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

post-14351-0-50065800-1497177498_thumb.jpg

This was the original post, but was with an EMU not a DMU post-14351-0-48587000-1497177484_thumb.jpg

These were 2008 & 2011 and those semaphores are now gone - There are still some on the Southern network - any photos?

Later - come on! I know that there are more out there, as there is a thread elsewhere on the subject of semaphores on Southern. 

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 4

Thanks for bringing this thread back and keeping it rolling guys. This has quickly become my favourite part of the forum, I love seeing railway photos from different places and getting a chance to keep looking back through my own archive.

Yes, this is what I like about this thread - the wide variety of old and new photos that appear almost at random.

That is not to say I do not appreciate the more specific loco and location threads, but they rarely have the surprise elements found here.

• RMweb Gold

These are elsewhere on the Southern but not sure if they're still there. Pulborough June 2004

rev%20377113%20a%20Pulborough%2025Jun04_

If these are ok then freight (steam, diesel or electric) on the Portsmouth Direct line pls.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

These are elsewhere on the Southern but not sure if they're still there. Pulborough June 2004

If these are ok then freight (steam, diesel or electric) on the Portsmouth Direct line pls.

A distinct hump in the track as it cross that underbridge, (probably emphasised by a telephoto)

Keith

• RMweb Gold

I think that they went at the end of 2014 - this from the thread I referred to in my edit. http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/70804-photos-of-semaphores-on-the-southern-in-sussex/page-3

In the last few posts on that thread it seemed like Littlehampton and Bognor  had some. The one I know is the Newhaven Marine starter, which was still there last Thursday  - which is more than can be said of the station buildings!

I don't mind going with  then freight (steam, diesel or electric) on the Portsmouth Direct line pls.