The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

• RMweb Premium

Good try, Steven but technically narrow gauge in my book and not a loco.  

Nice photo though!

I would guess Russia/Finland, India or Brazil for the correct picture! Or maybe Iberia?

Are there are any wide gauge Oz electric locos?

Keith

Beat me to the guess!

Edited by melmerby

I would guess Russia/Finland, India or Brazil for the correct picture! Or maybe Iberia?

Keith

Beat me to the guess!

Wait, India is broadgauge...? Damn, I actually have a slightly blurry (taken from a moving car) of an Indian electric loco... oh well, we live and learn!

• RMweb Gold

post-9767-0-81114500-1494278016_thumb.jpg

Photo © C E Steele

Perhaps a BOGOF. Although there hadn't been a train along the line south of Stratford-upon-Avon for a year following the Winchcombe derailment I'm not sure if it was technically closed by then, so for good measure the picture is taken from the eastern abutment of the SMJR bridge which had been closed several years before.

Next up lets have a picture of a closed line being rebuilt for reopening as part of the National Network, not preservation..

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 1

Keith

Beat me to the guess!

Yes, all of those would have been valid.  There are also electrified Russian gauge lines in Slovakia and Victoria (Australia) used to have electric locos on wider gauge.

USATC 2-8-0 PKP Tr203.482 on station pilot duties at Katowice, 1976.

post-10122-0-73590000-1494329106_thumb.jpg

Next, a detail of an inscription or monogram of a pre-grouping company on a structure or item of station furniture still in use (i.e. not preservation).

• Like 1

Yes, all of those would have been valid.  There are also electrified Russian gauge lines in Slovakia and Victoria (Australia) used to have electric locos on wider gauge.

We sure did have decent electrics in VR, in particular the L class courtesy of English Electric. I remember photoing and climbing over the withdrawn at North Melbourne in 1989. Great looking machines.

post-6952-0-05860500-1494330139.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

How about this?

post-6208-0-08107000-1494330801_thumb.jpg

Still being used in the perimeter wall of the new Snow Hill even though it is from the early 1900s

Keith

Next How about a Steam /diesel double headed combo in the South West England during the working life (not preservation)

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Ok, as it seems there are no takers let's widen it to any double header on the UK mainline (not preservation era) featuring at least a class 8 steam loco (not necessarlly passenger!).

That should widen it quite a bit.

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

Previously seen in the Steam in Devon thread, but I don't think in this one

post-14351-0-03963700-1494423054_thumb.jpg

Carrying on with heavy duty locos, can we have an eight-coupled goods loco, here or abroad, but not in preservation please?

Forgot the next:

One railway crossing another by bridge with a train on both levels (main line please) anywhere, again not preservation.

Keith

I think we have already had that subject, as I remember posting a photo at Wood Green.

I'm not too strong on definitions, but I think this qualifies - an Arriva Trains Northern class 144 "Pacer" in the livery of the West Yorkshire PTE Metro livery.  (Sheffield, 2003).

post-10122-0-90802400-1494509901_thumb.jpg

Next - a station scene with an enumeration of trainspotters.

When was that taken?  (In case one of them was me!)

Perhaps rather different to what was expected - a freight heads out from under the ornate frontage of the "old" main station in Kuala Lumpur. A Japanese (Kisha Seiso Kasha) class 21 in original livery, leading a British (EE/AEI) class 22.  (A British class 15 shunter was dead in train).

post-10122-0-32342400-1494514652_thumb.jpg

Next - let's stay with double headers - two different classes of electric loco.

• Like 3

Next - let's stay with double headers - two different classes of electric loco.

Well as no-one else has dropped in with the obvious, here's a Swiss pic from 2014:

post-6971-0-76619300-1494524722.jpg

The next photo will include both semaphore and colour light signals.

• Like 2

post-7081-0-20979100-1494529899_thumb.jpg

Taken on an EWS open day for staff and families at Bristol Barton Hill 7/7/2001

And the next photo will have been taken on the LSWR, withered arm, west of Exeter, with the line open, or closed, or as a footpath/cycle path

cheers