The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And the next photo will have...(real railway version)

NorthBrit

15589712029_3209e260b7_c.jpg[/url] 

If you model Colour light signals and are wondering about the length of hood to use, this one at the North end of the goods lines at Doncaster Station offers some variation, three aspects, three hood lengths and one is a different shape to boot!!

Next - A surviving Semaphore Signal

Jim

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This signal was still there last time I passed it earlier this year. I now know that there were also semaphore signals further west - at Littlehampton for example. The blue in the background is part of the ferry loading ramp structure.

The Marine Station is effectively moth-balled. It is occasionally used to reverse and change lines for trains that have terminated at Newhaven Town or Harbour. Its very deep canopy (station building to platform edge) has recently been removed.

post-14351-0-17360500-1490610624_thumb.jpg

Let's try trains passing over one another - on a bridge!

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

;) nope 10 still at Marchwood just as close to the sea ;)

There was a thread on my old photo-sharing site, ipernity, which explored where the last semaphores in Sussex were and we discovered there was still a nice set at Littlehampton and, I think, Bognor. So the caption was added in that context. In my haste to upload here I didn't bother to up-date it.

• Like 1

Built pre-grouping and pictured well after steam ended (1991).

Duddeston Wagon works:

post-1525-0-37844400-1490641234.jpg

Edit - Whoops, forgot to mention 'next', so how about a level crossing gate driven by a road wheel?

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I am fairly sure that the SDJR crossing over the A38 at Highbridge was a wheel-driven one, but I can't see from the photos I have, so I'll leave it to someone whose wheel is visible! I used to do a holiday job in Mervyn Knight's green-grocers, immediately opposite the box, but it was over fifty years ago and I can't rely on the old grey matter so well now.