The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

And The Next Photo Will Have

NorthBrit

Is it only me left in the world that “plays trains” on an oversize train network with limited scenery ?

I’ve a sprawl of lines and sidings, 4 levels, a figure 8, with 26 designated “stations”. Everything runs to a timetable, with diagrams, stock formations and locos are rostered to diagrams. I even have a list of departures per station, capacity planning all done on a database.

I don’t have time for scenery and travel quite a lot, hence I can use my evenings away for planning purposes !

It looks a mess.. but it’s quite definitely organised.

Totally my kind of layout!  Have you seen the one in Railway Modeller January "Banbury Connections" - Jaw dropping size and complexity.

Jim

Edit - it has a website https://banburyconnections.weebly.com/

Edited by luckymucklebackit
  • Like 3

Simple really.   The 142 belongs to my son and he runs it on my layout more than his own.  The station it is in is named Falkland

As my layout (Glencairn)  is from the fiddle yard to the main station, the new bridge allows me to give my locomotives a 'good' run round a circuit.

On the layout, trains run from London or Edinburgh to Glencairn, before carrying on to Aberdeen.

Trains also run from London or Glasgow to Glencairn, then on to Inverness.

I have one drawer marked London and has locomotives in that have 'gone' to London King's Cross or Edinburgh.

A drawer marked Glasgow for locomotives that have 'gone' to London Euston or Glasgow.

A drawer marked Aberdeen.

A drawer marked Inverness.

Having such a system I do not have a locomotive that has 'gone to London' suddenly appearing on a 'service from Inverness', or vice versa.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, this is wheeltappers, here’s a WIP, it’s actual number is tbd depending on Hornby announcement on Monday.
I was originally doing either 45000 or 45025.. then Rails did 45000 for me, it might become 45212 yet.

As it’s WIP I’ve posed it against a Fowler tender... (I know it never happened) but..
what do we think ?
A "well it might have of been", or "you must be mad to even think it" ?

post-20773-0-36186400-1515190342_thumb.jpegpost-20773-0-81494600-1515190353_thumb.jpeg
And thanks to Larry (Coachmans) reccomendation, here’s with new Gibson pony wheels.

post-20773-0-43826000-1515192908_thumb.jpeg

post-20773-0-72938800-1515190390_thumb.jpeg

More WIP.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I can't believe how long it is since somebody posted something, so here is a chainlink fence.

post-7024-0-98821800-1515808807_thumb.jpg

Does anybody else have a fence to add?

Edited by 96701
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

More bridges please.

Those travelling on the M6 in and around Cheshire in recent years will be familiar with this theme.

post-408-0-84372000-1516060263_thumb.jpg

Go, let's have a perennial favourite - a bus on a bridge.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1