Little Muddle

KNP

7 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Majors not looked up. He must be having a fight with Percy the Pike.

The Colonel's wife!!!!

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Ponthir28 said:

Is the final destination Encombe Town or is it going on to the big city. For a big night out.

Be patient. For the time being it's just carrying on round the bend - a metaphor for this thread if ever there was one!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ponthir28 said:

So is it off to the church or Sunday lunch at the pub. I suppose some people might do both.

They do! Sherry goes to the 09.30 service at All Saints, Babbacombe, where she often plays piano and/or reads the lesson. Then we might go to the Babbacombe Inn for lunch!

Edited by Oldddudders
  • Like 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

23 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

They do! Sherry goes to the 09.30 service at All Saints, Babbacombe, where she often plays piano and/or reads the lesson. Then we might go to the Babbacombe Inn for lunch!

Not certain that would be acceptable in LM though. Tongues would wag. Curtains would twitch. Panniers would recoil in horror.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Winslow Boy said:

Not certain that would be acceptable in LM though. Tongues would wag. Curtains would twitch. Panniers would recoil in horror.

Extra motivation!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

Isn't that why pubs didn't open until noon on Sunday?

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
27 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

Isn't that why pubs didn't open until noon on Sunday?

it would be a very long service if it started at 09.30 and you went straight from there to the pub opening at 12.00. If so no wonder the younger generations rarely go to church.

• Like 3
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
On 17/08/2024 at 07:24, KNP said:

You can't hide....

We can see you!

5964.jpg.ba4801d2a3cc696466163c4051117060.jpg

4 hours ago, KNP said:

And looking out of my office window we see the train arriving....

5965.jpg.af88735d97af1f3ca0b4f936d85e85f4.jpg

What… two photos taken from different angles and the train hasn’t moved. Surely the Pannier hasn’t failed. That would be unthinkable!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

It’s long been known as the thirst after righteousness. 

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

it would be a very long service if it started at 09.30 and you went straight from there to the pub opening at 12.00. If so no wonder the younger generations rarely go to church.

When I was a chorister at our local parish church, about 30 years ago, Holy Communion started at 1000 and finished between 1100 and 1130 By the time we'd had coffee in the hall 1200 wasn't very far away!

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

When I was a chorister at our local parish church, about 30 years ago, Holy Communion started at 1000 and finished between 1100 and 1130 By the time we'd had coffee in the hall 1200 wasn't very far away!

Having recently sung for a weekend whilst visiting Coventry cathedral it would appear that most larger churches "kick off" later than 10.00 reducing the need to drink coffee.

Memories of singing in Beverley Minster, Tewksbury Abbey, Lichfield and Rochester catherals, to name but some, suggest that this is a common practice.

Unfortuantely King's Lynn Priory, or Minster as it now is, where I am a chorister, persists with 10.00 ko.

Perhaps it is a good job that we usually sing Choral Evensong!

Ian T

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

At the risk of sending this thread even further into the brambles, I ought to say All Saints is Anglo-Catholic, so the 09.30 service, which typically lasts 40-ish mins, is mainly Anglo, and the better-supported 10.30 service is distinctly Catholic. Sherry's father was an Orangeman from Holywood, so she was brought up in Anglican traditions, and actually finds incense makes her cough and stops her singing well!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

4 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

What… two photos taken from different angles and the train hasn’t moved. Surely the Pannier hasn’t failed. That would be unthinkable!

Or

where they taken by two different people at the same time but submitted at different times to me......?

Now there's a thought!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 1

22 minutes ago, KNP said:

Or

where they taken by two different people at the same time but submitted at different times to me......?

Now there's a thought!!!

Yes because they should have been in church. What's the vicar going to say when he finds out what they were up to.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1