Little Muddle

KNP

Just now, MrWolf said:

Station cat got it.

Eventually....

Another control ,alt, delete situation by the sounds of it......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, KNP said:

A view across the valley, just the start of another tranquil day.

5942.jpg.be135f3189f7c9e700050d01e24e205e.jpg

That’s a wonderful view of LM at its best. You should be very proud to be in it !!

• Like 3
  • Agree 11
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Limpley Stoker said:

That’s a wonderful view of LM at its best. You should be very proud to be in it !!

Many thanks for that.

Taken years to get here but I am really pleased with the result.

The trouble with that picture is only a camera can see it that's thanks to a tripod with a long arm..

I did mention to the grandchildren that I was thinking about building another layout and what where there thoughts of me starting again....

Well, I appear to be in deep trouble even suggesting it as they have grown up with and its Granddad's layout so I must not, under any circumstances change it....

So it looks like you lot are stuck with this for a while longer but I might build a micro layout on an Ikea shelf which seems to be all the rage at the moment!!!

• Like 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

Small layouts are a fantastic way to explore 'the path not taken' with one's main layout, can be a ton of fun to build and to operate...both may appeal to the grandkids as they see a new layout develop.

I wonder also if a high(er) level circuit would work above LM - it might be fun to watch all those mainline trains only seen thundering through LM in photos somewhere to stretch their legs for real. The new sightline may also give an interesting new perspective to modelling, if variety in approach would appeal.

Regardless, will be following any future projects closely :)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Regarding a small layout I might go completely out there and build one with no track but a small village with a harbour or go definitely mad and build an industrial layout full of factories and warehouses..... (or both of course?)

Storage would be an issue so I would have to rearrange the current railway room so I could slide the layout under LM.

See the old brain box has some cogs turning, slowly at the moment but turning nevertheless...

OGC.gif.36497219c906d69c25bad5e7cdc48c2e.gif

First issue would be a name?

Edited by KNP
  • Like 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, KNP said:

I would have to rearrange the current railway room so I could slide the layout under LM.

First issue would be a name?

Well, if it's going under Little Muddle it would have to be Lower Muddle.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 6
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Ponthir28 said:

The truth will come out. Panniers are still alive and steaming in Little Muddle.

Like when a horse goes passed and it slows a little and raises it's tail, well, what it leaves behind steams a little...

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

Like when a horse goes passed and it slows a little and raises it's tail, well, what it leaves behind steams a little...

As the saying goes, beneath every ponytail you find an a***hole.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 3

9 minutes ago, Welchester said:

As the saying goes, beneath every ponytail you find an a***hole.

I take it you've worked in entertainment too ? 

If said ponytail wearer is also sporting skinny jeans with really narrow turn ups, you know to avoid him.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, KNP said:

.... So it looks like you lot are stuck with this for a while longer ... 

We'll hide our disappointment very well! 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Though .... I note @Schooner's suggestion with interest as I have toyed with that idea myself. And a micro might give you chance to try something different, whether 'Snowflake's Wharf' or 'Something Yard'. I've just built a shunting plank/puzzle myself and they can be serious Fun. 

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

How about an Inglenook. That might keep the kids occupied and perhaps encourage them to let you replace LM.

Could whatever you build be a prelude to its incorporation into a larger layout?

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

10 hours ago, KNP said:

So it looks like you lot are stuck with this for a while longer....

If I can get my layout to look anything like as impressive as Little Muddle, then I won't need to replace it.

I'll probably get busy with the small portable layouts I've sketched over the years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1