Little Muddle

KNP

Good to get home to see your pics again Kevin, very nice mate.

Thanks, hope you had a good break and ready for the 7mm challenge....!

Been doing the running rigging today on Misty - nearly there, just the main mast to go but at this scale even I was all finger and thumbs using blocks that where only 2.5mm long.....

• Like 1

Still summer at Little Muddle, time for the farmers to sit and chat, and chat, and chat, and chat.......!

attachicon.gif1642.jpg

Somebody needs to have a word with the PW gang about tidying up?

You will get us farmers a bad name.  :nono:  We work hard to feed you lot you know!  :)

You will get us farmers a bad name.  :nono:  We work hard to feed you lot you know!  :)

I total agree about a hard working lot but these three have just been sitting about without a care in the world ever since I put them there!

Not moved an inch just chat...chat....chat

No wonder those pigs have disappeared! 

Talk about another group just standing about chatting.....

When on earth are they going to move that crate?

post-8925-0-68029700-1542325112_thumb.jpg

Surely they must have some idea, it's getting to the point that I might just go and move it for them!

• Like 18

attachicon.gif1650.jpg

Surely they must have some idea, it's getting to the point that I might just go and move it for them!

That group are posed superbly, you can almost hear the conversation and the the negativity from some as they obviously don't agree with the managers ideas :)

That group are posed superbly, you can almost hear the conversation and the the negativity from some as they obviously don't agree with the managers ideas :)

Thanks.

I spend a lot of time first selecting the figures to use with regard to the pose and then setting them out.

It helps being able to visualise in you mines eye how they can roughly stand before buying them!

Eye contact is a good starting point as in any group discussion you will see people listening with their eyes, by that I mean they will be looking at either who they are talking too or who is doing the talking.

Doesn't always ring true but it is a good way to start.

I've tried this all over the layout and by the comments I've had it seems to have worked.

Edited by KNP

About time the boss finished his lunch and came out and got things moving! Nice day like this and there must be some hay to pick up and that corn field looks like it is fit to cut as well!

But it doesn't matter - it'll be just as nice a day tomorrow!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gif1650.jpg

Well if you hadn't tied the crate to the truck so well in the first place maybe they could unload it.  That's an impressive looking knot in 1/76 scale I must say.

Mind you the figures are posed in such a way that I am not even sure some of them have hands to help anyway..

• RMweb Gold

[broken static]

Broadsteak calling Daisy Cow!

Daisy Cow here, go ahead Broadsteak, over

We've got the pigs, over

Do you have them all? over

Yes, we have them all. Dairy crate next, over

Good work, Broadsteak, over and out

[/broken static]

• RMweb Gold

[broken static]

Daisy Cow here, go ahead Broadsteak, over

We've got the pigs, over

Do you have them all? over

Yes, we have them all. Dairy crate next, over

Good work, Broadsteak, over and out

[/broken static]

En route to Bowyers?

• Like 4

Ahhh....there she is.

Whist canoeing down the River Dribble I came across Misty moored to the fitting out quay.

Took a couple of snaps in the afternoon sun as I paddled by.

post-8925-0-60029000-1542476904_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-83073400-1542476913_thumb.jpg

A few more things to add, one being the nets draped over the main lifting boom as if they are drying out.

Not sure yet, still an idea. 

Fore and aft running lights are the most obvious omission at the moment as I'm not totally happy with the ones I've got as they appear a bit to large so they haven't been fitted yet.

And before anyone comments they are not gun ports just above the main rubbing strake, they are used to clearing sea water off the main deck so are opened as and when necessary.

If you look hard you will notice that the masts and booms are made out of old paint brush handles - waste not, want not!!!

Those rigging blocks are 2.5mm long and can be termed as very fiddly to do - patience is a major requirement as they seemed to have a mind of their own especially when trying to tension the rigging cord.....!

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

If you look hard you will notice that the masts and booms are made out of old paint brush handles - waste not, want not!!!

And I bet you've found a use for the bristles as well by now! :jester:

Another masterpiece

• RMweb Gold

Misty looks just the part, Kevin; very good stuff.  Having just failed to manage a Ratio bracket signal because of my chip fingers and general hamfistedness, I am in awe of this and cannot imagine the concentration or dexterity needed to rig those blocks, yet you make so light of it!  The booms look to have real weight and heft, not an easy thing to pull off in this scale!

Edited by The Johnster

Just stunning young Kevin, wonderful work mate. Any chance of some Seagul Sh**? hahah

And I bet you've found a use for the bristles as well by now! :jester:

Another masterpiece

Misty looks just the part, Kevin; very good stuff.  Having just failed to manage a Ratio bracket signal because of my chip fingers and general hamfistedness, I am in awe of this and cannot imagine the concentration or dexterity needed to rig those blocks, yet you make so light of it!  The booms look to have real weight and heft, not an easy thing to pull off in this scale!

Thanks chaps.

This model has been built over the last 4 years, mainly because I would do a bit.....then get on with something else......then come back to it...….then get on with another item and so on.

Sort of the story of Little Muddle - always flitting from one item to the other then back again - normally to alter as I thought of a better way!!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1

Got the Squadron Leader to have a fly past Misty whilst she was on her shake down cruise down the river.....well dining table to be exact

post-8925-0-38202400-1542491039_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-82798400-1542491053_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-61025100-1542491066_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-36771400-1542491078_thumb.jpg

Also I need to sort out a crew that looks like they are tidied up against a harbour wall and not in heavy seas as most of the available figures seem to be.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Kevin this is an excellent addition to a great thread. Apologies if you have already explained but how did you build Misty? Is she scratch built or did you use a kit as a basis?

best wishes,

Alastair M

• Like 1