Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold

Morning Kevin.

I have to say that I think the landscape works best but both are stunning.......as always.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Train must be due soon....

I took two pictures, one in portrait and the other landscape with a view to see which was best, couldn't make my mind up so here are both of them...

attachicon.gif1594.jpg

attachicon.gif1595.jpg

These pictures are just fantastic they bring the whole scene to life. I must say that I particularly like the placement of the figures in each scene, they look so lifelike. This has got to be one of the most inspirational layouts I have seen. Certainly having a quality that I will aspire to achieve. Just brilliant!

Something I'd not noticed before is the point rodding alongside the platform. Is this prototypical, or would the rodding have been run down the centre of the two tracks?

They would indeed run it down the side of the platform as it was the easiest and clearest route to run the rods, also signal cabling was as well.

The crank would need to come in from the side of the tie bar and very often do this to save coming in under crossovers/track.

There are numerous pictures online, I found mine on www.warwickshirestations.com looking at each station for ideas and confirmation.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I prefer the landscape view which seems to draw you into the scene. Again I like the way your little humans interact- it looks as though they expecting a long wait for the next train. If a train were due everybody would be staring down the line in anticipation !

A King lurking in the jungle!

How the emphasis of a picture can be changed by using different focusing points.

Overall focus of the picture

post-8925-0-76240200-1539506288_thumb.jpg

Only using the frames of the MP4 sequence that has the loco in focus and zooming in a bit

post-8925-0-80536400-1539506301_thumb.jpg

I like the last one myself and it feels as if the photographer has had to zoom in through the trees to get the loco.

• Like 15

It is persistantly raining here and likely to do so for the rest of the day.

So to cheer everyone up on this damp Oxfordshire day is a picture of Middle Farm where it never rains, but where the sun always shines...…

post-8925-0-71482400-1539517892_thumb.jpg

Farm hands idle away the afternoon chatting on the bank, birds chirping in the trees, nothing is disturbed by the sound or smell of a working a railway...….?

Forever dry, forever sunny, forever warm - the idealistic English countryside (especially when located indoors in a centrally heated room).

Edited by KNP
  • Like 15

Tranquility spoilt as in the distance I spot 2322 meandering into Little Muddle with a coal train.

post-8925-0-13254000-1539528438_thumb.jpg

Never been able to take a picture from this angle before as the camera is suspended deep into the layout over the stream and scenery.

Oh, the beauty of this new tripod something I would recommend to anyone thinking of a new tripod, have a look at the Uniloc (or Benbo) first as the potential is only limited by your imagination.

The following pictures for example would never have been possible before

post-8925-0-11295400-1539528890_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-34604900-1539528976_thumb.jpg

I have no links to either companies just glad I spotted this on another thread on this website - sorry but of the top of my head I can't remember which one now.....

The other thing that is highlighted by these pictures is the beauty of extra tall backscenes, these are 450mm deep.

EDIT.

I remember now, it was on Gilbert's Peterborough North web page that I first saw them first mentioned.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 14

Busy day in the office!

attachicon.gifKS26.jpg

attachicon.gifKS27.jpg

Hi Kevin.

I love the King in your setting, now that you've fixed the gap. So much so in fact I'm looking for an excuse to add an Era 3 King to my setting (Rule 1 probably needed here)

One thought, as you like those really close up shots, adding in the brake rodding would help especially as Ops are not a high proirity for this loco.

Colin

• RMweb Gold

I love the new angles you have used now your tripod has liberated your camera! None of your work can be hidden now!

Unfortunately your King has failed it’s MOT, but it should pass if you fit the parts below:

https://www.petersspares.com/Hornby-x6065-6000-class-acc-bag-king-locos.ir

Hi Kevin.

I love the King in your setting, now that you've fixed the gap. So much so in fact I'm looking for an excuse to add an Era 3 King to my setting (Rule 1 probably needed here)

One thought, as you like those really close up shots, adding in the brake rodding would help especially as Ops are not a high proirity for this loco.

Colin

I love the new angles you have used now your tripod has liberated your camera! None of your work can be hidden now!

Unfortunately your King has failed it’s MOT, but it should pass if you fit the parts below:

https://www.petersspares.com/Hornby-x6065-6000-class-acc-bag-king-locos.ir

Gentlemen

To allay your fears the King did indeed pass it's MOT and all equipment was functioning correctly.

When tested it did the emergency stop within parameters when the tester slapped the firebox with his clipboard.....

Please see attached photo for confirmation of part installation

post-8925-0-44488100-1539591998_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The MOT inspector has been fired and the press corps admonished for spreading fake news.

There has been advice from the senior inspectorate, however, that this engine should not attempt sudden braking while traversing Encombe viaduct.

p.s. Having reviewed post 2987 - I see clearly I should have gone to Specsavers!

Edited by Limpley Stoker
  • Like 1

The MOT inspector has been fired and the press corps admonished for spreading fake news.

There has been advice from the senior inspectorate, however, that this engine should not attempt sudden braking while traversing Encombe viaduct.

p.s. Having reviewed post 2987 - I see clearly I should have gone to Specsavers!

In the earlier pictures the brake rodding wasn't fixed as I was taking the body on and off the chassis to work on it.

So no need to go to Specsavers as your eyesight was not deceiving you.

Well they where......fiddly to say the least.

I ended up concentrating so much I found I was holding my breath....!

But after all that they are nice little finely detailed brass models of bikes from Roxey Mouldings.

post-8925-0-63537300-1539769623_thumb.jpg

Home made transfers, the name is of a butcher that I used to work for, on a Saturday, in a village called Chenies where I delivered meat around the place on a bike just like this one.....

So if you have two left thumbs and no patience then these will be a challenge.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

It's so funny Kevin, when people ask me about my trees, I refer them to Little Muddle  :laugh:  :laugh:

The picture with the camera in it shows a great deal of detail that I'd not seen before and sometimes I wish I had more interest in early steam - I think I'd enjoy trying to replicate the days of yesteryear.

Long Walk Home got my vote btw  :good:

It's so funny Kevin, when people ask me about my trees, I refer them to Little Muddle  :laugh:  :laugh:

The picture with the camera in it shows a great deal of detail that I'd not seen before and sometimes I wish I had more interest in early steam - I think I'd enjoy trying to replicate the days of yesteryear.

Long Walk Home got my vote btw  :good:

Thanks for the vote and comments.

Not to late to convert Oak Road to steam...…!

Edited by KNP

After taking the picture of the bikes I thought I have never seen how high I could get the camera using the Uniloc tripod.

So after rearranging the legs so I could swing the boom vertical this is what I got.

post-8925-0-19204100-1539797737_thumb.jpg

A height of about 1.9m.

It was so high in order to see the viewfinder and to operate the camera I had to stand on a chair!!!!

post-8925-0-19204100-1539797737_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

After taking the picture of the bikes I thought I have never seen how high I could get the camera using the Uniloc tripod.

So after rearranging the legs so I could swing the boom vertical this is what I got.

attachicon.gif1605.jpg

A height of about 1.9m.

It was so high in order to see the viewfinder and to operate the camera I had to stand on a chair!!!!

A drone might be easier if you want aerial views, all the go these days :sungum:

Colin

Well they where......fiddly to say the least.

I ended up concentrating so much I found I was holding my breath....!

But after all that they are nice little finely detailed brass models of bikes from Roxey Mouldings.

attachicon.gif1604.jpg

Home made transfers, the name is of a butcher that I used to work for, on a Saturday, in a village called Chenies where I delivered meat around the place on a bike just like this one.....

So if you have two left thumbs and no patience then these will be a challenge.

WOW,   :O             Bloomin WOW Kevin. :sungum: