Little Muddle

KNP

Kevin

thanks for the info re Dullcote, I will go spending money again... :)

your King is a huge improvement, so well done with that.  Next time it's upside down, perhaps a touch of black/track dirt on the insides of the tender wheels?  I got caught that way with my Dean Goods, the axles showed horribly bright!

all the best

Simon

Normally I have a few selected places to take pictures of the loco's but not this one as it is rather long.....

post-8925-0-17663900-1538763003_thumb.jpg

so I have had to find a few more areas where I can get the whole loco in frame.....

post-8925-0-00721800-1538763021_thumb.jpg

I am standing behind the large piece of greyboard holding it at the edge of the layout as a temporary backscene!!

Looks like Jimmy has had to much to drink as he appears to be falling over....(well I knocked him whilst moving the King into place) - he is now standing correctly.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 15

I've got a can of Testors Dullcote on order thanks to seeing the results you get with it Kevin. Also like the fake backscene. Maybe buy a sheet of the ID summer sky backscenes and double the height as a photo prop?

id501a__91598.1306944491.jpg?c=2?imbypas

Two tins have now arrived so I can now properly finish off not only the King but the Dean as well. You wont be disappointed with the results so long as you give the can a really good shake first.

The greyboard was all I had to hand at the time that was large enough, it gave me the artificial cut off for the layout that saved me time on the photo editing suite.

I like the idea of a sky board.

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1

Kevin,

If I may...?

Open out the top of the chimney so far as possible, and a dab of something dark in the recess on top of the safety valve bonnet, (assuming you’re not going to drill it out and fit representations of the valve springs).

Best

Simon

• Like 1

Kevin,

If I may...?

Open out the top of the chimney so far as possible, and a dab of something dark in the recess on top of the safety valve bonnet, (assuming you’re not going to drill it out and fit representations of the valve springs).

Best

Simon

I will indeed give it a try and no I will not be fitting any valve springs....!!

• Like 2

Get some Colletts to put behind her too. ;)

Yes, I ought to sort something out as I have nothing for this loco to pull.....

I assume a 'B' set is out of the question?

Thought so...!

• RMweb Gold

Kings hauled B sets on running in duties from Swindon to Didcot and back, in fact everything ex-works did.  A late afternoon service train was used.  Pushing things a bit for Encombe, and of course you've weathered your King, so can't use the excuse.  

Edited by The Johnster

Kings hauled B sets on running in duties from Swindon to Didcot and back, in fact everything ex-works did.  A late afternoon service train was used.  Pushing things a bit for Encombe, and of course you've weathered your King, so can't use the excuse.  

Errrr…..it took the wrong turning?

It came to pass that the King crossed the viaduct......very slowly of course!

post-8925-0-69081200-1538898263_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-07520600-1538898280_thumb.jpg

and the Colonel's wife seems completely unimpressed by a very large and heavy loco crossing a very old viaduct!!!

• Like 17

Train must be due soon....

I took two pictures, one in portrait and the other landscape with a view to see which was best, couldn't make my mind up so here are both of them...

post-8925-0-57075800-1538978403_thumb.jpg

post-8925-0-80807700-1538978470_thumb.jpg

• Like 19