Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Premium
On 14/10/2024 at 06:32, KNP said:

Railcar off and about, trouble with this double ended vehicle is it coming or going?

6059.jpg.75c75dd21026fbbc62eac40ac3f5108f.jpg

It’s wenting….

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
On 14/10/2024 at 06:32, KNP said:

Railcar off and about, trouble with this double ended vehicle is it coming or going?

6059.jpg.75c75dd21026fbbc62eac40ac3f5108f.jpg

All the visible passengers looking forwards should be a clue... but then this is Little Muddle.

Edited by brushman47544
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

All the visible passengers looking forwards should be a clue... but then this is Little Muddle.

You mean there's invisible passengers?

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Probably. They'll have got off to have a picnic while waiting for the railcar to move.

Plenty of us have trains full of invisible passengers!

• Like 2
  • Agree 13
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, KNP said:

Back on the main line we have the early morning milk train....

Do my eyes deceive me or is that a Manor hurtling past with is charges in tow.....

6061.jpg.e051d0a9fba5b3335b80e220a7951f78.jpg

I'm not rising to that bait.

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

5 minutes ago, KNP said:

We are back onto a project I started just before the Milk Brake Van arrived from Chuffinghell and it went on hold whilst I worked on that.

It is another boat, steam harbour tug, from Model Art Miniatures and will couch my comments with care....

I obtained this of flea bay and was sold as new along with quite a few other items advertised from this manufacturer so this appeared to be an outlet for them and also there was many numerous favourable comments so I purchased the only one.

When it arrived it was in an old unidentified red box packed loose inside with no instructions, pictures or compliment slip, a set of handrails had broken in transit but as I planned not to use them it didn't concern me to much.

What raised an eyebrow was the quality of the resin casing, many air holes, poor casting with many bits missing from items like steps, portholes and hatches

Bit annoyed I pressed on tidying it up these are few pictures of the progress to date

The first two, as far as I can ascertain, are one version with a closed bridge and the other with an open bridge.

The closed one I ruled out quite quickly because of the quality of the moulding and the fact the steps to the bridge came up inside the bridge thereby making the internal bridge floor area very cramped.

At this stage the portholes to the engine engine hatches had been removed and much filling been done, a coat of paint added to see where there where still problems.

IMG_9550.jpg.b0837d31ecad435ecbf1a3f5bf3e0088.jpg

IMG_9551.jpg.bf624b1c744e417eda121ad01de14c28.jpg

With the open bridge the steps to it where.....suspect!!!....so these where removed and the infill section raised to make the levels equal and not so dangerous for the crew!!! Engine driver added for size comparison.

IMG_9578.jpg.ff99f053cb7ad34b4027e0701fa40d2f.jpg

After a lot more filling, bridge front cladding removed as it was unequal, original portholes to bridge front removed, my portholes added cut from plastic tube, steps to bridge and frame for a canvas screen added plus other bits this is where we are....

IMG_9584.jpg.9fa036d7c2ee9f858a53eeccfa39cd5a.jpg

Beginning to shape up and now I need to think of a name for it?

I can think of a few?????

Tuggy MC Tugface ?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, KNP said:

It is another boat, steam harbour tug, from Model Art Miniatures and will couch my comments with care....

You certainly have the knack of making silk purses out of sows' ears.  It's going to look great.

• Like 1
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Graham T said:

You've certainly done a great rescue job Kevin, but I wonder about the scale of it...  For example, is that supposed to be a hatch directly underneath the open bridge?

Yes, and after you mentioned it I checked all the hatches and they measure 30" x 18" (in OO scale) so I feel another alteration coming on......???

Thought of a name....

Destiny

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2