Little Muddle

KNP

Kevin.

Sorry to keep pestering you about S&W couplings but do you use the regular 4mm ones or the 3mm ones that can reputedly be used successfully on 4mm rolling stock and are claimed by some to be less noticeable?

Best regards.

• Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, LostinUSA said:

Kevin.

Sorry to keep pestering you about S&W couplings but do you use the regular 4mm ones or the 3mm ones that can reputedly be used successfully on 4mm rolling stock and are claimed by some to be less noticeable?

Best regards.

No problem

4mm and don't forget the mounting plate!!! I use the Mk 3 auto coupling ones.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

I'd be interested to know how you made the river.... For my network I was thinking of making it with industrial gelatin but given the depth of my river, I was thinking of making it with transparent varnish in several layers.... and how did you make your river?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Chris116 said:

I know how the train feels. I am also going slowly round the bend.

Aren’t we all!!!

I’ve been there for years……..

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Aren’t we all!!!

I’ve been there for years……..

The only time you have to worry is when you meet someone coming the other way as there's no passing loop and it's a single track.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5

9 hours ago, KNP said:

J'ai utilisé du Perspex de 3 mm (essentiellement une feuille de plastique de qualité vitrage) et j'ai peint le dessous avant le montage.

Les rives sont des bords déchirés et arrachés de panneaux de fibres, une image très, très ancienne du module en cours de construction avec juste la couche de base d'herbe et des arbres en mousse de mer vaguement ajustés.

Thank you Kevin

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Just an idle thought whilst waiting for new specs to be dispensed - would the signal engineers or, whoever installed new signals, have travelled to site in the tool van, the guards van or by some other means? I'm assuming that one of them would have also operated the crane?  Thought provoked by recent engineering works when the road seemed to be full of Transit vans that had brought rail staff and contractors to site.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 5

3 minutes ago, Pete Haitch said:

Just an idle thought whilst waiting for new specs to be dispensed - would the signal engineers or, whoever installed new signals, have travelled to site in the tool van, the guards van or by some other means? I'm assuming that one of them would have also operated the crane?  Thought provoked by recent engineering works when the road seemed to be full of Transit vans that had brought rail staff and contractors to site.

I agree with your thought and I would suspect that they are travelling in the three vans but perhaps thought does need to be given about a mess coach in case they have to stay overnight whilst travelling from job to job.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 08/10/2024 at 07:38, KNP said:

Milk Brake Van situation report.

This is a pre-production model and Chris has tweaked a few things his end that came to light as I was building and checking it.

Steve at Railtec is looking into the transfers and will let us know in due course.

I got my N Gauge ones from Cambridge Custom Transfers but they do other scales too.

Sheet C85 - GWR Diagram O13 milk train brake van. Traffic service lettering for both the GWR and BR(W) periods, together with BR departmental lettering for the Mess and Tool Van conversion; (DW 14060).

2mm., 2.5mm., 3mm., 3.5mm., 4mm., S scale &  7mm. scale Price is £10.00

https://www.cctrans.org.uk/transfers.htm

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

Especially as there's delphiniums and echnopic's in flower at the same time. He's obviously a horticultural genius.

A petal counter, makes a change from a rivet counter.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, KNP said:

Lets go back to an old favourite angle, 

Man reading paper amongst the Flowers.

This was taken just before the rain arrived!!!

6056.jpg.22021eb8d88e077faff313f580307911.jpg

Tried a different camera setting, portrait, which has given the flowers a different look about them....the man is in focus but the surrounding area has a soft look about it.

Mick Lynch of the RMT taking break.

• Funny 7

9 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Those flowers are doing remarkably well considering it’s mid autumn and haven’t had a frost yet.😀

They could be artificial of course!!!

• Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4