Little Muddle

KNP

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, KNP said:

The

‘only thought of it yesterday’

Flowerbed is finished

B69D2726-1243-4898-92D3-C2E7C60B21E3.jpeg.5dd668156ccf3d1bc21bbc075afecd6b.jpeg

That table is crying out for a couple of gin and tonics . . . the bride at moi are just grabbing our hats . . . be there soon!

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, longchap said:

That table is crying out for a couple of gin and tonics . . . the bride at moi are just grabbing our hats . . . be there soon!

You know that Kevin is now trying to figure out how to model OO ice cubes, don't you?

• Funny 12

• RMweb Gold

The residents of the 'cottage' do seem to eb a cut above the normal run-if-the-mill for the countryside - enough garden space to plant flowers instead of growing lots of veg; keeping canaries; fancy garden furniture; nice big cottage with a bay window.  must be some sort of wealthy retiree so what about a garden railway?

• Like 9
  • Agree 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 2

5 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

The residents of the 'cottage' do seem to eb a cut above the normal run-if-the-mill for the countryside - enough garden space to plant flowers instead of growing lots of veg; keeping canaries; fancy garden furniture; nice big cottage with a bay window.  must be some sort of wealthy retiree so what about a garden railway?

Or they have won the pools

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4

2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

You just know that the garage houses a big  Wolseley or perhaps a Riley Adelphi...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

7 hours ago, KNP said:

Specimen conifers underway.

WS foliage medium green cut into small squares

Then mounted on a piece of brass rod for strength

Used ordinary PVA to fix
Left to dry fo an hour, trimmed with some sharp needlework scissors and planted into a pre drilled hole using UHU as fertiliser!!!

1FB28565-EC9E-4C24-AB98-970C4ABDC3B3.jpeg.a47bf22c93dda8c0b230a91bfa2b98ad.jpeg

1EC8D884-D353-49FD-A75A-2864ECF4DC32.jpeg.4f97a5a993aa32b8335f957dbf08421e.jpeg

The rest of the flowerbed will be full of bright colours.

Kevin may I just say that your modelling is superb.

No having got the crawling out of the way. Can I say too things. Firstly conifers they weren't that popular in gardens until the sixties mainly due to there size- I think Adrian Bloom made them more acceptable. Secondly the garden furniture - would they have had a set and would it have been the same as Farmer Brown's. 

I will retire to my trench to wait for the shelling to start.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Ponthir28 said:

Did fridges have freezer compartments in the thirties. I can just remember my mother’s first fridge in the late fifties which had one?

Domestic electric refrigerators came in during the latter half of the 1920s and by the 1930s had a small freezer compartment.

• Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

56 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Kevin may I just say that your modelling is superb.

No having got the crawling out of the way. Can I say too things. Firstly conifers they weren't that popular in gardens until the sixties mainly due to there size- I think Adrian Bloom made them more acceptable. Secondly the garden furniture - would they have had a set and would it have been the same as Farmer Brown's. 

I will retire to my trench to wait for the shelling to start.

Thanks

Someone had to start the trend with the trees.

Why the same patio table and chair…..easy one that I have a fret from Langley Models with loads of them on, so being a cheapskate I used them again!!!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Domestic electric refrigerators came in during the latter half of the 1920s and by the 1930s had a small freezer compartment.

But most people would have had just a cold shelf in the larder. I once lived in a house where somebody had skilfully installed the central heating pump underneath the cold shelf, which rather restricted its usefulness.

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

True, my grandmother, (1897-1994) never had a refrigerator, she had the "cold slab" and a meat safe which was basically a green enameled metal cupboard with hundreds of tiny holes in it.

But there were people who had them, such as my relatives who ran the village garage, who were making decent money, (A Roesch Talbot and Red Label Bentley sat side by side in the domestic garage.) they certainly had such luxuries.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, KNP said:

Thanks

Someone had to start the trend with the trees.

Why the same patio table and chair…..easy one that I have a fret from Langley Models with loads of them on, so being a cheapskate I used them again!!!!!

Hmmm could the occupants be related to Adrian perhaps, his grandparents.

So the implication being that he got them from someone down the pub. Wouldn't mention that to Mrs Brown. She thought they were very exclusive.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Welchester said:

One of my neighbours' houses is named 'Littlewood' after the source of the cash a previous owner used to build it.

The Guardian/Observer turf expert in the 70s and 80s, Richard Baerlein urged readers to put their shirt on a horse in the Derby - as he did - and it romped home. He named the house he bought with the proceeds after the horse - Shergar. 

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, KNP said:

Unusual view this, taken from the loading dock in the goods yard looking out to sea.

Greyboard held up to form a back scene, which in turn made the light bounce off the loco's top.

5078.jpg.95c93b68699c3aa1d890d44880b97f6f.jpg

It looks like one of those dark winter days, where snow is on its way 🙁

• Like 2
  • Agree 1