Little Muddle

KNP

1 hour ago, Mick Bonwick said:

I'll have one of what he's drinking.

Been smoking that Woodland (very) scenics foliage again...

PS, do like the electric light strapped to the telephone pole btw. Pity my layout is on oil lamps!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

9 hours ago, aardvark said:

KNP darling, wh're didst thee obtaineth the gaslight, in the backeth did grind to the right of the cow cart?

It is scratchbuilt many years ago from a photo I found in a book.

Now, I have to try and remember which book I found it after 20 + years, I'll have a go but I might gone a while!!!

Edited by KNP
  • Thanks 1

Just remembered where I saw the lamp, it was based on the wind down lamps made by the Tilley Lamp Co and pictures can be found in the series of books by Stephen Williams on GW branch line modelling Book 2, page 57.

These three books are excellent and have a immense about GWR infrastructure, stock and modelling etc.
Use them all the time.

Highly recommend if you can get them.

Normal disclaimer just a satisfied customer

Edited by KNP
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

19 hours ago, KNP said:

Just remembered where I saw the lamp, it was based on the wind down lamps made by the Tilley Lamp Co and pictures can be found in the series of books by Stephen Williams on GW branch line modelling Book 2, page 57.

These three books are excellent and have a immense about GWR infrastructure, stock and modelling etc.
Use them all the time.

Highly recommend if you can get them.

Normal disclaimer just a satisfied customer

Many many thanks. I hadn't notice the lamp/light in your other photos, but most likely that is my short-coming.  Looks like I'll have to go back through the last 270 pages again.

As you said, I might be a while.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 05/06/2020 at 17:17, MrWolf said:

As for the who put the bop question, crucially, who put the ram in the ramalamadingdong? If so, was the ram organically farmed by a couple of ex graphic designers?

As for TRAIN station, I'm sticking with it being a searing indictment of the state of the British education system, who state: "It doesn't matter if the words are spelt wrongly or used incorrectly as long as they get the message across."

Which is why you get such things as "were?" Instead of "where?" Or "there" instead of. "their". Such things are only an indicator of much greater issues. This country has truly gone to s@%# in the last 50 years. I wasn't around in the 50s/60s, so all I have seen is steady, inexorable decline. If you say anything, you get beaten with the "extremist" stick! :wacko:

Do Buses not call at BUS stations as opposed to road stations? 

• Agree 3

7 minutes ago, aardvark said:

I hope the driver engaged the hand-brake, it being parked on a hill and all.

That might explain the mystery of the engine shed door getting knocked off!

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Kevin, I'm intrigued.

Whenever I click to look at Little Muddle it takes about 3 or 4 times as long to load as any other thread.

Is it because of the 'weight' of your followers, the size of the images that you upload or that the Little Muddle servers are running on low quality coal I wonder?

Or could it be that followers of this thread are also being tracked by MI6 who need time to check credentials before letting us through!

Needless to say, it is always worth the wait, but it seems an odd exception.

Tony

• Friendly/supportive 4

27 minutes ago, Tony Teague said:

the 'weight' of your followers

OY ! I'm trying my best with a good diet ! :crazy_mini:

B. Eefy

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

29 minutes ago, Tony Teague said:

Kevin, I'm intrigued.

Whenever I click to look at Little Muddle it takes about 3 or 4 times as long to load as any other thread.

Is it because of the 'weight' of your followers, the size of the images that you upload or that the Little Muddle servers are running on low quality coal I wonder?

Or could it be that followers of this thread are also being tracked by MI6 who need time to check credentials before letting us through!

Needless to say, it is always worth the wait, but it seems an odd exception.

Tony

I am afraid I cannot answer those questions as I have had to sign the Official Secrets Act......in order to continue!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, KNP said:

I am afraid I cannot answer those questions as I have had to sign the Official Secrets Act......in order to continue!

Aha!

So now we may get some inkling as to what is in that packing case!

(see "Secret Bunker under Little Muddle" www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [redacted]

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

31 minutes ago, Tony Teague said:

Aha!

So now we may get some inkling as to what is in that packing case!

(see "Secret Bunker under Little Muddle" www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) [redacted]

I can neither confirm nor deny that statement....

Edited by KNP
  • Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, KNP said:

Are you sure?  My understanding is that having signed, you are required not to divulge that you have.

:-)

Paul.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1