Little Muddle

KNP

Gorgeous yard lamp in the right foreground. Was that made in the same manner as one you described a month or two back?

Martin

Thanks

The yard light is scratchbuilt from plastic rod - post and support arms.

A piece of thin card for the capping and the light itself is from a cut down piece of plastic tube from a paint brush cover, the 'blob' on top of the cover is a dress making bead.

Last of the farmers pictures though these do highlight the signal very well.

Why is one there, no idea other than I wanted to build one, perhaps its being tested for suitabliity on a branch line...

post-8925-0-77899100-1543315419_thumb.jpg

This one didn't work quite so well as I got the telegraph pole behind it!!!

post-8925-0-49897700-1543315432_thumb.jpg

It's based on bits from a Ratio model complete with a gap in the middle for the linkage arms.

• Like 17

Martin

Thanks

The yard light is scratchbuilt from plastic rod - post and support arms.

A piece of thin card for the capping and the light itself is from a cut down piece of plastic tube from a paint brush cover, the 'blob' on top of the cover is a dress making bead.

Hi Kevin

Thanks for the explanation.

I was referring to this lamp - not sure you are describing the same one.

post-34294-0-94965900-1543321805.jpg

• Like 3

Now that I have been able to re-enter the forums of RMweb University, (now that the upgrading has been completed), my first call was an explanation of my tardiness, and the second call was for the wonderful world of “Little Muddle” which, as usual was a delight, from Post Page 117 to today’s 130.Thank you KNP for taking the time to allow us mere mortals ,to view shots of a cleverly modelled railway and also helping aspiring modellers, by clearly demonstrating how such detail work can be achieved.

Summer never leaves Little Muddle,

with leaves on the trees,

flowers blooming in the garden,

the sound of the wind blowing through the branches

and if I am not mistake is that the tweet of birds in the distance...... 

post-8925-0-75385600-1543431351_thumb.jpg

Now all I need to find is a suitable figure that can sit on the bench reading the Little Muddle Gazette!

• Like 15

One of the Finching sisters would look great. Dart Castings.

Good idea, I have their doppelganger (Grandma) sitting under the footbridge but I was trying to find someone that is sitting, dressed casually and reading a book/paper.

post-8925-0-81752400-1543432863_thumb.jpg

I will continue my search....

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Methinks another Modelu scan is needed!

And the picture story on the cover of the Little Muddle Gazette should be a photo of a man sitting on a bench reading the Little Muddle Gazette.

And the picture story on the cover of that Little Muddle Gazette should be a photo of a man sitting on a bench reading the Little Muddle Gazette.

And the picture story on the cover of that Little Muddle Gazette should be a photo of a man sitting on a bench reading the Little Muddle Gazette.

That would really test your painting skills, Kevin!!!

:-)

Edited by Harlequin
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Methinks another Modelu scan is needed!

And the picture story on the cover of the Little Muddle Gazette should be a photo of a man sitting on a bench reading the Little Muddle Gazette.

That would really test your painting skills, Kevin!!!

:-)

And our reading skills...

It's a train, something has been moving......

It might only be the railcar but it's movement!

The only thing is I don't know whether it is coming or going?

post-8925-0-77882900-1543494311_thumb.jpg

Apologies for the ghosting, I have tidied up a bit but it is such a nice angle next to the red cows that I thought I would post it anyway.

One funny thing this shows is that originally all the pictures where meant to be taken from the front but with the arrival of the compact TZ100 I can get into the back and photograph outwards, now all the areas I missed show up.....!

look at the track and the spacers for the rodding stools!

Edited by KNP
  • Like 19

• RMweb Premium

One funny thing this shows is that originally all the pictures where meant to be taken from the front but with the arrival of the compact TZ100 I can get into the back and photograph out now all the areas I missed show up.....!

That's an easy one to fix - don't tell us!

There is so much to like in that photo a few small "misses" are irrelevant, and unnoticed.  

It's a train, something has been moving......

It might only be the railcar but it's movement!

The only thing is I don't know whether it is coming or going?

attachicon.gif1660.jpg

Apologies for the ghosting, I have tidied up a bit but it is such a nice angle next to the red cows that I thought I would post it anyway.

One funny thing this shows is that originally all the pictures where meant to be taken from the front but with the arrival of the compact TZ100 I can get into the back and photograph out now all the areas I missed show up.....!

This is akin to a magician telling us how the trick was done and spoiling the illusion.

• RMweb Gold

Summer never leaves Little Muddle,

with leaves on the trees,

flowers blooming in the garden,

the sound of the wind blowing through the branches

and if I am not mistake is that the tweet of birds in the distance...... 

attachicon.gif1649.jpg

Now all I need to find is a suitable figure that can sit on the bench reading the Little Muddle Gazette!

superb, thanks for the pics, so idyllic, perhaps it was never thus in 1930s England (I wasn't there!) but this is how I imagine that it was, love it!

all the best,

Keith

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's heading into Little Muddle...

attachicon.gif1661.jpg

Not even the sheep seem interested in seeing a train go by???

Mine tend to ignore everything as well, and because they are South Wales Valley sheep they are everywhere they shouldn't be.  One of them on the platform is positioned to appear to be asking the driver of an outgoing train when he's leaving, but I bet she hasn't got a platform ticket and has no right to be there at all, never mind distracting drivers from their work... 

For those not familiar with the Valleys, sheep are kept on unfenced mountains and basically have the attitude that they are allowed to be in gardens, on busy main streets, trespassing on railway property, wherever they like in fact, and will stand their ground if you try to shoo them off.  It is not unknown for them to steal food from kitchens whose doors have been left open, and at Cwmbargoed they learned the trick of lifting the axlebox covers of mineral wagons with their noses and eating the grease.  

I am sure that Kevin's sheep are much better behaved.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Mine tend to ignore everything as well, and because they are South Wales Valley sheep they are everywhere they shouldn't be.  One of them on the platform is positioned to appear to be asking the driver of an outgoing train when he's leaving, but I bet she hasn't got a platform ticket and has no right to be there at all, never mind distracting drivers from their work... 

For those not familiar with the Valleys, sheep are kept on unfenced mountains and basically have the attitude that they are allowed to be in gardens, on busy main streets, trespassing on railway property, wherever they like in fact, and will stand their ground if you try to shoo them off.  It is not unknown for them to steal food from kitchens whose doors have been left open, and at Cwmbargoed they learned the trick of lifting the axlebox covers of mineral wagons with their noses and eating the grease.  

I am sure that Kevin's sheep are much better behaved.

talking of railways and Welsh sheep reminds me of this

takes me back to my younger days!

cheers,

Keith

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Then I tried something different.

Setting the camera up on the main line outside of Encombe Town station I aimed it to look across the room towards Little Muddle.

I have left the intervening non-scenic bits in for effect but I could have photo shopped them out (might still do that to see what it looks like).

attachicon.gif1662.jpg

I quite like the effect of distance this gives plus an indication in the changes in elevation as the farmhouse is two storey but here it looks like a bungalow...

You’ve given the non- scenic centre of the view the impression of a river estuary! Perhaps cou could programme your focus stacking software to leave this area out of focus.

• Like 1