Caterham - having a Goods Shed is a Yes

The Bigbee Line

Not much actual modelling this evening. Just cutting 2 sections of rail to splice into the joint between the single slip and the adjacent turnout. The 'half' fishplate joints will be soldered to ensure continuity and to also attach feed wires. The actual gaps will have a thin piece of insulating material araldited into position.

Cutting through the rail a few sleepers back from the joints will allow metal fishplates to be used; better alignment and when soldered a place for the feed wires to be attached.

BEFORE - with the wonky short sections forming the join:

post-2484-0-10024800-1490647884_thumb.jpg

AFTER - The rails cut and the 'plus 8mm' sections slid into position:

post-2484-0-99668500-1490647911_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good evening,

Had a busy weekend; Work, Rest and Play...

Last weekends trip to Wakefield, yielded 2 inspirational books: Cameo Layouts and Southern Nouveau.

I needed to try out some ideas for Caterham so decided to create a Lyddrail Challenge layout. 4'8.1/2" x 12".

Chief items to try are laminate floor underlay as a sub road bed for the track and my wire coat hanger push pull point control.

It will be cameo'd as a concrete updated halt KESR style.

See thoughts below...

post-2484-0-48469700-1491771902_thumb.jpg

post-2484-0-74761000-1491771911_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi Ernie,

Did you get any further with this layout? I've just moved to the area and have a house backing on to the Caterham branch, and that old SER station building in Kenley is gorgeous. It's got my juices flowing, so to speak.

Thanks,

I some baseboards ready, just need space to put them up and fit them in with the other things I have on the go.  The rubbish weather doesn't help either.  Thanks for asking..