Show us your Pugbashes, Nellieboshes, Desmondifications, Jintysteins

Corbs

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Vanguard 5374 said:

Small, cheap (£12.50), 4 wheels and in need of drastic improvement to make a decent model. It's not a Hornby 0-4-0 though 😉

UE206_BOX.jpg.ff9f51b38001583a8902ad8670db12a2.jpg

Now stripped apart, various fittings and details applied (radiator bonnet and light from a Lledo van, horn from a Majorette lorry, barrel from a 1/35 Tamiya set, exhaust from sprue etc) to create a 1/32 15" home built shunting locomotive. Just got to regauge the chassis down to 12mm gauge now, have been told it can be done so it's happening. Once done, I've got two more to regauge to provide chassis for TT locomotives.

347275444_6215162931894640_4416466647631647233_n.jpg.fc673fc180e0de2cacbe707291948e69.jpg

How well do those underground Ernie run...?

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, CameronL said:

wmcq.gif.9ecc7c7b7b6161616f976be29e8125d5.gif

2 or even 3 Pugs? (For that looong tank). There's a prototype for everything.

There's a clearer view of this unique loco at http://www.ipernity.com/doc/philsutters/25553783/in/album/494007, should you have a desire to model it.

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

2 hours ago, John Besley said:

How well do those underground Ernie run...?

For what they are, very well. Have heard it’s a reused bogie from one of the Bachmann USA releases, but they do have a 8 pin decoder socket too for those who use DCC. I seem to recall Tram modellers snapping them up when they were first released.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

3 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Hornby Acho?

6365HOR-PO_202206171456_3939762_Qty1_1.j

Used to see them all the time. No idea if they are worth anything, but bear in mind they are H0. Many people used them on 00 layouts before the Bachmann version appeared.

Jason

Bless you! 😄

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

10 hours ago, Vanguard 5374 said:

For what they are, very well. Have heard it’s a reused bogie from one of the Bachmann USA releases, but they do have a 8 pin decoder socket too for those who use DCC. I seem to recall Tram modellers snapping them up when they were first released.

What’s the wheelbase like on these?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, John Besley said:

I am on the hunt for an 0-6-0 or a 0-4-0 but with outside cylinders not bothered about the body, Walschaerts valve gear would be a bonus....

Any ideas?

What scale?

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, SR71 said:

@John Besley

Riverossi Baltimore and Ohio switcher?

That would work, hopefully something could be done about the Pizza cutter flanges - why on earth did they do that Marklin where just the same ...but I can't find any anywhere .... any ideas?

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, John Besley said:

H0 or 00 as long as its 16.5mm track gauge 

No Walschaerts valve gear but useful 0-6-0 outside cylinder chassis are the Electrotren/Jouef tank sold through the Hornby International range. A useful 0-4-0 is the Dapol LSWR B4. I've used both successfully.

Tony

• Informative/Useful 2

That James rebuild has a bit more of a miniature railway, Ravenglass look, or like some of the Guest locomotives like Katie to my eyes, but it's absolutely lovely :)  There was a great rebuild of a James into BR Express Blue livery on show at the Llangollen Garden Railway Exhibition the other week, enough to tempt me to buy one for a rebuild, though I'm thinking of something a bit more Midland-ish for mine, like a 3F or 4F...

Edited by Ben B
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

That seller is quite infamous on the Ebay madness thread. I'm surprised he didn't squeeze the phrase "kit built" in the title too.

But Mr Wolf… he did!!

IMG_3548.jpeg.171f3440d3fc34caaba71f40cdfeaa6d.jpeg

Which means …

If Mr Wolf commented that the phrase “kit built” wasn’t in the title when he viewed it, and forty minutes later it was included when I visited the same link, then …

(a) Moxy is Gostude and is posting here to drum up business, but since having his missed ‘search bait’ trick in his listing pointed out by Mr Wolf has updated his eBay item description

(b) Moxy isn’t Gostude, but Gostude is monitoring RMWeb and since Mr Wolf pointed out that he (Gostude) had missed a ‘search bait’ trick in his listing title has now updated it

or

(c) Mr Wolf missed the infamous “kit built” phrase in the title (being all capitals)

I’m hoping it is (c) as otherwise Go$turd is watching us!

😱

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

I'm hoping that I missed the "kit built" in the description too.

It's been a long day, a friend of mine asked me if I could accompany him to view a Land Rover restoration project, which turned out to be one of those abandoned projects...

He asked me what I thought? I had to be honest and say that I thought that you would have to bribe the gypsies with more than the asking price to bother hauling it away for scrap.

It was obviously the leftovers and worn out parts from several other rebuilds with a log book from who knows where thrown in.

I was planning on getting on with one of my paintings or finishing the dust cover for my layout...

• Friendly/supportive 1