Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Slow but surly I'm getting Scenic bits done now, I've made the Ratio Junction Signal for Dore End. This will protect both the Level Crossing into Main St, and the Junction on the door section beyond the second Road Bridge, (Dore Lane).

I've also put in the fencing for the small Car Park, bear in mind that in the 60's Station Car Parks were still little used on a small Station like Dore End.

Whilst doing the Car Park, I've also reduced the height of the hedge behind it, bringing the Field further down behind the hedge.

At the same time I've added 8 more Trees to the Copse behind the Signal Box.

That's enough for today.

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 012.JPG

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 013.JPG

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 014.JPG

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 016.JPG

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 018.JPG

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 019.JPG

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 020.JPG

This is looking beautiful, idyllic, pastoral, rustic even.  Lovely suff Andy.

Regards,

Brian.

• RMweb Gold

Slow but surly I'm getting Scenic bits done now, I've made the Ratio Junction Signal for Dore End. This will protect both the Level Crossing into Main St, and the Junction on the door section beyond the second Road Bridge, (Dore Lane).

I've also put in the fencing for the small Car Park, bear in mind that in the 60's Station Car Parks were still little used on a small Station like Dore End.

Whilst doing the Car Park, I've also reduced the height of the hedge behind it, bringing the Field further down behind the hedge.

At the same time I've added 8 more Trees to the Copse behind the Signal Box.

That's enough for today.

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 012.JPG

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 013.JPG

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 014.JPG

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 016.JPG

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 018.JPG

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 019.JPG

attachicon.gifSignal and Car Park 020.JPG

I assume (hope!) that signal is only temporary Andy as it represents absolutely nothing in the prototype world let alone in the hallowed halls of the Western.  A lower arm distant would be perfectly ok, that one definitely isn't alas.

I assume (hope!) that signal is only temporary Andy as it represents absolutely nothing in the prototype world let alone in the hallowed halls of the Western.  A lower arm distant would be perfectly ok, that one definitely isn't alas.

Thanks Mike, yes, just realised that it should be another Red one for the Branch as well. it will get changed.

I guess I just liked the colours, hahahah. :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

With George T down today for a weathering job on his O Gauge Q1, (Sorry George, I didn't take any pics of it, so feel free to post some of yours on here mate). OH YOU JUST HAVE, hahha

Whilst the Air Brush was out, I did some of my Steam Stock.

post-9335-0-04270900-1498583210_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Done the Signal, I hope that now conforms to WR practice and protects the L/C and Junction beyond.

attachicon.gifWeatheterd Locs, Signal re done, Western 001.JPG

attachicon.gifWeatheterd Locs, Signal re done, Western 018.JPG

That's better Andy  (bit of a way off the points mind you ;) ).    You needn't say out loud that some b*ggers are never satisfied - under your breath will do  :jester: 

• Like 3

I hope there's a typo in there......

D1065 Western Consort, or

D1072 Western Glory

The loco looks great, though.

I've made the appointment with Specsavers, (other Opticians available mate) CHEERS, hahhaha :no:  :no:  :no:  :sungum:

That's better Andy  (bit of a way off the points mind you ;) ).    You needn't say out loud that some b*ggers are never satisfied - under your breath will do  :jester:

Thanks Mike, but It ain't that bad, :no: well um? maybe,  :sungum: hahhahah O.K. just a little spread out. :O But the other side of Dore Lane Road Bridge would have been over the Points, and a second Signal before the Bridge, (between the Level Crossing and the Bridge) would have been a bit crowded I thought.

post-9335-0-06419500-1498668007_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Well this mornings work has seen the Signal moved slightly towards the Signal Box. The main reason being that with a Loco held at the Signal, it took up a third of the Platform.

I've also done a BODGIT and fitted some (looks OK from a long distance away) cables for the Signal.

post-9335-0-33674700-1498740599_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

That forced perspective of the road works really well. The proportions seem just about right and give a good impression of the road disappearing off into the distance. Such a useful trick I feel. Makes the layout look bigger and also helps with creating realism. A dead end where there should be a road continuation sometimes let's things down if only very slightly. The addition of trees there as yours will have helps to blend the backscene together I feel.

Nicely done,

John

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Mike, but It ain't that bad, :no: well um? maybe,  :sungum: hahhahah O.K. just a little spread out. :O But the other side of Dore Lane Road Bridge would have been over the Points, and a second Signal before the Bridge, (between the Level Crossing and the Bridge) would have been a bit crowded I thought.

attachicon.gifFacia 002 - Copy.JPG

It will come out looking quite nice I think Andy so in that respect I think the 'overall impression' does win.  Oddly (you might think) if it had been real GWR they would indeed have had two signals - one near the signalbox to protect the level crossing then the splitter for the junction round by the bridge.   Very good at forests of signals was the GWR and it kept those cheery chaps at Reading in work of course.

• Like 1

It will come out looking quite nice I think Andy so in that respect I think the 'overall impression' does win.  Oddly (you might think) if it had been real GWR they would indeed have had two signals - one near the signalbox to protect the level crossing then the splitter for the junction round by the bridge.   Very good at forests of signals was the GWR and it kept those cheery chaps at Reading in work of course.

Thanks Mike, It would have been so close, but I'll leave it now, but thanks for the info, the good chaps at Reading can have a Tea Break now.

I'll be putting a Fixed Distant just past the Junction, and then an outer Home to protect the kick back Point into the Goods Refuge Siding, KM will have a North and South Box.

post-9335-0-87790300-1498748801_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Glad to see the scenic side taking shape mate, and the use of the 'Baron Bodgit' PH really looks at home where you have placed it also love the wires to the signal, its all those little details that make a layout, keep the progress pictures coming ....great stuff.

Glad to see the scenic side taking shape mate, and the use of the 'Baron Bodgit' PH really looks at home where you have placed it also love the wires to the signal, its all those little details that make a layout, keep the progress pictures coming ....great stuff.

Thanks George, I thought you'd be pleased to see the Old Pub in use, I need some more walling for along the front to stop Cars driving into the Bar.

Thanks George, I thought you'd be pleased to see the Old Pub in use, I need some more walling for along the front to stop Cars driving into the Bar.

Very scenic.

Instead of a wall why not a few vintage b/w bollards or a set of raised kerbs. Don't forget that when that pub would have been built the only passing traffic would have had four legs......!!!!

Is the stream/river still on the cards...?

• Like 1