Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Hi Andy

They had schools when you were young? :scratchhead:

Only approved mate hahhaah.

Anyway BACK ON TOPIC and later today I hope to complete the Point wiring, having picked up the last of the switches yesterday, I'll then make up the looms for the 5 Dapol Signals and then I can have another MAJOR clean up and throw away all the little 3, 4, 5, and 6 inch lengths of wire that I normally keep for a rainy day, I have an old Biscuit tin full.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 6

Yiipieee it's DONE, all the wiring is now complete for the whole Layout, looms in for the Signals, Points all working and all the Track wired. Tonight or probably now tomorrow I can have that tidy up I've been promising myself for the last week and a bit.

P.S. Anyone want to buy a bad back? It's from sitting on my old Milk Crate reaching under the baseboards, hahahha. :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

• Like 4

Boo!!  :jester:  :jester:

Evening Andy.

How are you mate.Sorry its been so long. Got to say the layout is looking amazing. I really like the changes you've made to the design. Looks great with the trains running through the lanscape. Looks very natural indeed. Well I have managed a couple of days off recently but unfortunately the loft is like the core of a nuclear reactor :O . So instead I've been repointing the out side of the house instead. Rains forecast for the weekend (typical) so maybe, just maybe I might get in the loft. Anyway off to work again now so, take care mate and I'll try to look in a bit more often. 

All the best

Marcus

Boo!!  :jester:  :jester:

Evening Andy.

How are you mate.Sorry its been so long. Got to say the layout is looking amazing. I really like the changes you've made to the design. Looks great with the trains running through the lanscape. Looks very natural indeed. Well I have managed a couple of days off recently but unfortunately the loft is like the core of a nuclear reactor :O . So instead I've been repointing the out side of the house instead. Rains forecast for the weekend (typical) so maybe, just maybe I might get in the loft. Anyway off to work again now so, take care mate and I'll try to look in a bit more often. 

All the best

Marcus

Hey, good to see your still around matey, you need a big hole in the Roof or Air Con, hahha :no:

Well after the major tidy up this morning, and I'd binned about 20 plus yards of wire, and no length longer than about a foot, the room was once again tidy.

Here's the main switch panel and room for the coffee cups.

post-9335-0-99124800-1498244262_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

So what else have I been up to today?

Well I tidied up and fitted the Road Bridge at Dore End, at and made a start on painting the backscene.

post-9335-0-91049800-1498244875_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-63597000-1498244976_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-23952200-1498245822_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-81517700-1498245868_thumb.jpg

I then fitted the Platforms and fencing

post-9335-0-14789200-1498245979_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-18116800-1498246013_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-95919300-1498247711_thumb.jpg

And then added some foliage.

post-9335-0-85852600-1498246134_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-00333800-1498246179_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07939900-1498246246_thumb.jpg

And then I ran some Trains. :sungum:  :sungum: SORRY, the Trains were moving

post-9335-0-98612800-1498246356_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-56738700-1498246513_thumb.jpg

And NOT a Bus on the Bridge. :stinker: 

post-9335-0-59120600-1498246632_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10

Now that's a backscene!! I take it you studied/taught/learnt/worked in arts/graphics/engineering in a past life (delete options as appropriate) for that is a great back scene. It has depth and a good level of detail. The trees look treelike and have a good perspective :). An excellent creation :)

Now that's a backscene!! I take it you studied/taught/learnt/worked in arts/graphics/engineering in a past life (delete options as appropriate) for that is a great back scene. It has depth and a good level of detail. The trees look treelike and have a good perspective :). An excellent creation :)

The back scene looks fantastic. 

Mike

Cheers Guy's, thanks and NO Dan, no training at all, I just started painting a few years back and I'm self taught / watched a few Video's from the likes of Alan Owen and his Watercolour tutorials.

That backscene is stunning , Andy !

How do you do that ?

Really starting to come together and take on its atmosphere now, waiting impatiently for the next instalment !

Thanks Andi, next instalment, well that would either be the Level Crossing and work my way around to the Door, or make a start painting the Signal Box, and other bits etc.

• Like 1

Do things like that 40 not clout the back platform when traversing the crossover? Might be deceptive angles I suppose.

It's not a Route the 40 would take, the Crossover comes from the 2 X By Directional Roads from the Branch Platform at Kings Moreton, and would usually only be worked by Smaller Motive Power like a Hymek or Class 22, Pannier or similar. I will try it tomorrow though.

The Points are Long Peco and the Platform is set to the Peco Track Gauge so in theory it should be fine.

• Like 2

I just love your scenics Andy - absolutely brilliant, top notch.

Ahem...but no track ballasted between the platforms or am I missing something? Could be tricky to complete.

But the trains in the landscape look great.

Regards,

Brian.

Andy, you have modelled that Hellmanns Mayo bottle superbly, albeit a little out of scale !  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Like the weathering and slightly rickety appearance of the signal box, did you do the weathering, or did it come like that ?

I just love your scenics Andy - absolutely brilliant, top notch.

Ahem...but no track ballasted between the platforms or am I missing something? Could be tricky to complete.

But the trains in the landscape look great.

Regards,

Brian.

Thanks Brian, your right there is no Ballast anywhere yet, there will be more testing before I paint the Rails, and then I can Ballast, I can get to it easy enough and will be done very soon, the PLAN, (if I actually had one), is to complete this section up to the Door lift out section and then work around to the KM Station and do that last.

I'm still stuck for ideas of how to do the exit to the Storage Yard at KM. It was going to be a Road Bridge, but I want more of  Rural feel and a big Road Bridge may look totally wrong.

• Like 4

Andy, you have modelled that Hellmanns Mayo bottle superbly, albeit a little out of scale !  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Like the weathering and slightly rickety appearance of the signal box, did you do the weathering, or did it come like that ?

Thanks Andi, The Mayo Bottle needs painting and blending in as a Tree, hahahh. :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

The Skaledale Signal Box comes like that ready Weathered, but needs re painting in WR Colours.

• RMweb Gold

You've done it again Andy, that backscene is just brilliant, the detail on the trees is superb. I'd love to see some of your paintings some time.

The layout is coming on a treat, the station area looks good, and you've already bedded the road bridge in with the scenery.

Great stuff mate, hope you are happy with it 'cos it looks spot on from here!

Al.

• Like 2