Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

Hi Andy, it's only a Mini Break and I'll be back Friday, but won't bother with the GCR Event this year.

At £20 it's more than this Old Pensioner can afford, :O  and by the time I've added a breakfast, about 6 cups of coffee and a cream cake or two, it's an expensive day out. hahhaha.

I know what you mean. I am hoping my GC workers pass will get me in a bit cheaper. I won't be partaking in a breakfast but a bite to eat at lunch and a real ale or two will push the price up before any purchases.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy, it's only a Mini Break and I'll be back Friday, but won't bother with the GCR Event this year.

At £20 it's more than this Old Pensioner can afford, :O  and by the time I've added a breakfast, about 6 cups of coffee and a cream cake or two, it's an expensive day out. hahhaha.

Hi Andy and Andy

When I was at Mr P's last weekend we were discussing tight fisted people :O names can be supplied at a price, but they are so careful with their cash they won't spend it to see if they are on the list. 

I am not going instead I am going to the model railway thingy at Bluebell the following week with my brother, an old git 60th birthday treat. :sungum:

• Like 5

Hi Andy and Andy

When I was at Mr P's last weekend we were discussing tight fisted people :O names can be supplied at a price, but they are so careful with their cash they won't spend it to see if they are on the list. 

I am not going instead I am going to the model railway thingy at Bluebell the following week with my brother, an old git 60th birthday treat. :sungum:

It is an expensive event Clive. I am going because it is my local line and I volunteer there. I have a worker's pass so I may get a discount, if I don't I don't. It is a cracking event and £20 for the show and a day rover train ticket is actually good value. I think they should think about offering a cheaper ticket for the marquee at Quorn for those who want to visit the main show and not travel to the other stations by train.

Hi Andy and Andy

Your 60th or your Brothers? I was sure you were about 20 years older than me!!!!! :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

It is an expensive event Clive. I am going because it is my local line and I volunteer there. I have a worker's pass so I may get a discount, if I don't I don't. It is a cracking event and £20 for the show and a day rover train ticket is actually good value. I think they should think about offering a cheaper ticket for the marquee at Quorn for those who want to visit the main show and not travel to the other stations by train.

Yes Andy, a Marquee only ticket would be an excellent idea. There Trains are always full to standing room only and the Exhibits at Quorn ROTHLEY are O.K. if your into that sort of thing. 

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

For a model show yes £20 looks expensive, but take off an all day ticket for the GCR off that price and £4 for a show is not a bad entrance fee. If you turn up with a car full of bodies who all chip in with the parking cost then it still looks good value for a day out. Both model and real trains. I know when I have gone in the past I have really enjoyed myself. The only reason for not going this year is my brother is busy that weekend so we are having a day out together the next weekend, not because the Bluebell is a pound cheaper.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 4

The next running session after some Scenics have been tackled will be the Steam Stock, Jubilees, Black 5's, 01, B1, Supper D and others.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Your 60th or your Brothers? I was sure you were about 20 years older than me!!!!! :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:

You can go off people. :nono:

Mine, Steve is my younger brother. Mind you our little sister (18yrs younger than me) did ask a couple of years ago who was the older as Steve always acts older. :sarcastichand:

Hi Andy

For a model show yes £20 looks expensive, but take off an all day ticket for the GCR off that price and £4 for a show is not a bad entrance fee. If you turn up with a car full of bodies who all chip in with the parking cost then it still looks good value for a day out. Both model and real trains. I know when I have gone in the past I have really enjoyed myself. The only reason for not going this year is my brother is busy that weekend so we are having a day out together the next weekend, not because the Bluebell is a pound cheaper.

Enjoy the Bluebell, that is a great line too.

• Like 3

Spot on Derek, and I was hoping no one would notice, the fact is, I had the 2 x D/S in stock and wanted to get on with things, and to wait a few days and then trade them in and buy 2 x New S/S would not have been financially viable. 

I'm afraid it's something I have to live with now.

Fair enough Andy, after all it's your train set. It is looking good.

Derek

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy, Andy,

This was done at the War Weekend a couple of weeks ago or was it last week - oops the memory.  I can see why it would be difficult to do as the only way in would be via the Weighbridge as any other way would involve using a platform. There is a £5 charge for the car park.  The number of people in cars who wanted to come into the normal Quorn car park at this event would, in my opinion, be a safety issue.  The other aspect is that the exhibition is on more than one site although Quorn is the 'big one'.

Peter

Edit = 2 x Andy

Edited by PeterBB

After all the tension of the 'big reveal' and those sticking curtains......!!!!!!! you need a break so have a nice time, come back refreshed and ready for the next phase.

We will amuse ourselves somehow on this website in your absence.......

BACK ON TOPIC, and this afternoon, after packing away the last of the Locos, I did some actual modelling, nothing major, just built the Pagoda Shelter and Foot Bridge for Dore End.

Now the original Foot Bridge was REMOVED by our Friends from Germany during the 2nd World War, who were probably aiming for the Road Bridge at the time, as that supplied, what is today, the Oxford Airport, and Dore End was used by many Military Personnel. To be fair the Road Bridge does look like it's had a direct hit on the side at the moment, but that will be sorted later.

The new Foot Bridge was brought in from a disused Midland Station as a stop gap but has remained in place ever since.

I had to remove 45mm from the span of the Bridge as it was way to wide for the area, It will get some sort of paint treatment when I get home.

post-9335-0-39048300-1497194006_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-84543000-1497194033_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90894200-1497194063_thumb.jpg

I've also fitted the walling behind Kings Moreton North Signal Box.

post-9335-0-27375400-1497194171_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 11

Hi Andy,

Following your running sessions I'm bringing my spotting books down!

On the double slip conundrum, I agree its best practise to avoid them on the main line however I am of the opinion they are acceptable within a busy station complex but not a station which simply has express workings passing through and the odd stopper, your's falls into the former as loco changes are planned therefore a lot of stopping traffic, just my twopence worth mate. Have a nice break.

• Like 2

Hi Andy,

Following your running sessions I'm bringing my spotting books down!

On the double slip conundrum, I agree its best practise to avoid them on the main line however I am of the opinion they are acceptable within a busy station complex but not a station which simply has express workings passing through and the odd stopper, your's falls into the former as loco changes are planned therefore a lot of stopping traffic, just my twopence worth. Have a nice break.

Cheers Mike, A lot of the movements will be through, but also I want working on and off the Branch and so a lot of reversing and running around so they will be used. As I said, it wasn't intentional but as I had them, it made sense to use them.

I'm looking forward to the Break now, and then the Layout will be nice and fresh when I return.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, I don't know, I go away on holiday and you change everything!

I can see from Jeff's thread why you did it though, that fell has a strange influence.

All looking good mate, enjoy your break and look forward to your scenics when you come back.

Cheers,

Al.

• Like 1

Well, I don't know, I go away on holiday and you change everything!

I can see from Jeff's thread why you did it though, that fell has a strange influence.

All looking good mate, enjoy your break and look forward to your scenics when you come back.

Cheers,

Al.

Hi Al, Good to see you back mate, Thanks, and I hope you had a good Break as well.

Yes inspired by Jeff's Kirkby Luneside and Mike / Dent.

The Warship has set back into the Lay By Siding and the Cl 22XX waits for the Road, all is quiet on the Main Lines, and that's the way it will stay for the next few days, (apart from the Locos being removed), unless our House sitter goes out to play Trains, ahhaha.

post-9335-0-64296600-1497262842_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

The Warship has set back into the Lay By Siding and the Cl 22XX waits for the Road, all is quiet on the Main Lines, and that's the way it will stay for the next few days, (apart from the Locos being removed), unless our House sitter goes out to play Trains, ahhaha.

attachicon.gifRunning Session 2 041.JPG

I feel sorry for the Cl 22 - it seems to have been stuck in that loop for days already!

Cheers Tony, John and Mike, Back home now and yes an Oily patch will be needed, in fact probably QUITE A FEW, hahhaha

I only managed to build one Ratio Signal whilst away, as the Cottage only had small windows, so no natural light, and the lights inside were more like candles than Light Bulbs.

I've decided to go to the GCR tomorrow after all, so a quiet day today and charge the Camera Batteries. Change of mind, now NOT going.

Monday will see a concerted effort to make a start of wiring the rest of the Points, once that's done I will start on the Scenics.

Here's a few views from the Cottage.

Firstly from the Car, the un made drive was 6/10th of a Miles long!

post-9335-0-71174300-1497607557_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-76150600-1497607662_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-02812700-1497607700_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-24166800-1497607779_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-16926900-1497607852_thumb.jpg

And the Lamb wasn't supposed to be in our Paddock, but 4 of them kept coming under the fence.

post-9335-0-57870100-1497607913_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13