Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

The Comet etch sounds like the solution then mate. If unsure, I'm sure George will be happy to solder them up.

Nice one mate, Cheers, I'll order some and for the Crab at the same time, I'm sure I can do the soldering as I made the Points O.K. so I'll give it a go, whats the worst that can happen? hahah :no:  :no:

• RMweb Premium

All my Black Fives and the 8F have them fitted as the Hornby ones are a bit chunky too. The 'tricky' bit is holding the middle step in place whilst soldering it in (you then file the tab off as much as possible on the back).

All my Black Fives and the 8F have them fitted as the Hornby ones are a bit chunky too. The 'tricky' bit is holding the middle step in place whilst soldering it in (you then file the tab off as much as possible on the back).

I may have a go with some thin Styrene Sheet tomorrow, as I have the steps as a tempate.

• Like 1

The step problem is more acute on a front pony truck as opposed to a bogie due to the throw being accentuated from the pivot position being set further back, imagine my dilemma due to my spirals, quite a few naked front ends I'm sad to say. Now now don't go there!

• Like 2

This evening I've had a visit from Clive Mortimer, on his way home to Essex from the DEMU Show.

Did I get him to run DCC?

Did I get him converted to DCC?

Did I get him to enjoy the DCC Sounds?

NO   :O NO   :O  :O and THRICE :O NO :O  :nono:  :senile: .

post-9335-0-32005800-1496601682_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-52187900-1496601743_thumb.jpg

NEVER MIND, MAYBE NEXT YEAR Clive :sungum: .

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

It should be possible to mount the front steps of moguls on the truck with a T shaped styrene mount al-la Margate type B17s. Not a prototypical solution but should be trouble free.

Layout's coming along nicely Andy, looks like you're having too much fun again.

regards Shaun.

It should be possible to mount the front steps of moguls on the truck with a T shaped styrene mount al-la Margate type B17s. Not a prototypical solution but should be trouble free.

Layout's coming along nicely Andy, looks like you're having too much fun again.

regards Shaun.

Yes mate, FAR to much fun, it cant last, ahhaha :no:  :no:  :no:  :senile:

• RMweb Premium

This evening I've had a visit from Clive Mortimer, on his way home to Essex from the DEMU Show.

Did I get him to run DCC?

Did I get him converted to DCC?

Did I get him to enjoy the DCC Sounds?

NO   :O NO   :O  :O and THRICE :O NO :O  :nono:  :senile: .

attachicon.gifRunning session with Clive 013.JPG

attachicon.gifRunning session with Clive 014.JPG

NEVER MIND, MAYBE NEXT YEAR Clive :sungum: .

I was going to post what a nice layout Mr Peters has now I have seen it for real but now................

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Some of you may notice a small change in the name, (again, last time, I promise) as I wanted to change back to a West Region theme.

The Layout will still be located just to the North of Oxford with connections to both the Midland Region and the GCR, (I have assumed it stayed open for Freight only).

There will also be some subtle changes that will take place, but more on that in a week or so's time once things have moved on a bit.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Nice name change, Andy.

Good luck with whatever cunning plans you have up your sleeve!

Jeff

Cheers Jeff, the changes will be shown when done, as I don't want to many distractions from my aim of a nice Layout and the way I want it to end up.

One Change I can announce is that the Main Midland / Dent Station Building will go, and be replaced by the Bachmann Highley one. 

Having visited the potting shed yesterday I know what he has in mind.......now do I let you lot know, £5 each or do I blackmail Mr P? Half a crown please Mr P and I will keep me gob shut.

OR You can have ANOTHER CHOCCY BICKIE. hahahha :no:  :sungum:  :onthequiet:  :scared:  :scratchhead:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

Looks like DEMU was good - what layout are the first four pictures from?  That Baldwin's crane must have taken some building for somebody!

A special thanks to Rich / Mash Lane for re doing the Totem for KM.

attachicon.gifmsg-16721-0-43597500-1496694099_thumb.jpg

I've warned you about running through the A-Z of names hehe!!!  Now we're in potato land rather than the estuary .... could we recover the 'r' in Marsh Lane? :) hehehe only joking mate.

OR You can have ANOTHER CHOCCY BICKIE. hahahha :no:  :sungum:  :onthequiet:  :scared:  :scratchhead:

My god, the level of bribery round here is reaching immense levels!  

Good luck with the changes to Kings Moreton ... not sure what the background is but is it based on the Moreton of Kings or did Moreton belong to the King, in which case we need to update that Totem with an apostrophe!!  In a quote from Cleggy (which seems appropriate after the sad loss of Peter Sallis today) "Life is just one damm problem after another!"

Rich

• Like 3

Hi Andy,

Looks like DEMU was good - what layout are the first four pictures from?  That Baldwin's crane must have taken some building for somebody!

I've warned you about running through the A-Z of names hehe!!!  Now we're in potato land rather than the estuary .... could we recover the 'r' in Marsh Lane? :) hehehe only joking mate.

My god, the level of bribery round here is reaching immense levels!  

Good luck with the changes to Kings Moreton ... not sure what the background is but is it based on the Moreton of Kings or did Moreton belong to the King, in which case we need to update that Totem with an apostrophe!!  In a quote from Cleggy (which seems appropriate after the sad loss of Peter Sallis today) "Life is just one damm problem after another!"

Rich

I can't remember the name of the first Layout pic, but it was manic, to me it looked so cluttered and over cooked, and very NOISEY, the one with the Crane and the Road pics is Loftus Road and is on here, and is really good.

Whoops I've dropped your ''R'' on the floor mate, I'll find it later, ahahha.

Bribery always pays, ahhaha

Not sure, Moreton is actually in the MaRsh, but there are many examples of Kings this, that, and the other around here.