Kings Moreton, (1980's BR)

Andrew P

In fact I'm having a visitation on Sunday evening by renowned Modeller and all round fine Chap, Lord Clive of Colchester. :O  The nice Mr Mortimer :no:  is calling in after DEMU on Sunday on his way home to Essex, so I will have to see what his preference is; Steam, Green Diesel or just the Blue Boxes.

I will be having another day running again tomorrow and Shunting both the Yard and Much Dithering, in fact, I've fitted some more Kadee Magnets to MD earlier this evening, so they need trying out anyway.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

In fact I'm having a visitation on Sunday evening by renowned Modeller and all round fine Chap, Lord Clive of Colchester. :O  The nice Mr Mortimer :no:  is calling in after DEMU on Sunday on his way home to Essex, so I will have to see what his preference is; Steam, Green Diesel or just the Blue Boxes.

I will be having another day running again tomorrow and Shunting both the Yard and Much Dithering, in fact, I've fitted some more Kadee Magnets to MD earlier this evening, so they need trying out anyway.

Hi Andy

You run what you like on your railway.

Looks so much better now the storage / fiddle yards are hidden....

Yes, it looking more like a Model because you cant see the hidden section, and the BLT seems to work quite well in front of it.

Hi Andy

You run what you like on your railway.

I may well have some Steam / Green Diesels on by Sunday as I need to test out some new moves, and so I might even Chip the Class 40, B1 and 01 today.

Just the thought of you trying out some new moves. :no: I can just see you doing some break dancing or whatever those young folk do these days. :danced: :danced:

WITH MY Hips, Knees and Arthritis, hahhah, I'd be on the floor BELLY DANCING in no time, :O  and wouldn't be able to get up again. :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand:  hahha, 

So far this morning I've Chipped a Jinty, Stanier Mogul, B1, Crab, Cl 40 and a Hymek.

Just the Detail bits to add later, then ANOTHER DAY to do the Crew, Weathering and Coal where appropriate. 

• Like 3

The pics I promised, I had a nice running session this afternoon after visiting DEMU this morning.

Sorry about the quality, all the Trains were on the move.

post-9335-0-97991500-1496510250_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-80327200-1496510367_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-18403500-1496510436_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-51028100-1496510512_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-41761900-1496510633_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-50008200-1496510708_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-80272600-1496510836_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-52704500-1496510924_thumb.jpg

More in a mo.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 9

A great set of pics Andy. I am very envious of the Stanier Mogul. I really want one of those!

Cheers Andy, I am disappointed though, since that photo I've had to remove the Front Steps, even on my equivalent of 3rd / 4th Radius curves it was derailing, and now even the Steam pipes are fouling the wheels, (but not derailing) on one curve. 

I do prefer to have the Steps on for a much better appearance.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

If it's the same as my Crab, I moved them out slightly by drilling holes for the step pips to go into, slightly further out. The alternative is to solder up some Comet steps and araldite them on; they are much thinner - easy to solder up too.

If it's the same as my Crab, I moved them out slightly by drilling holes for the step pips to go into, slightly further out. The alternative is to solder up some Comet steps and araldite them on; they are much thinner - easy to solder up too.

Thanks Jason, My Crab is S/H and I need some steps for that later.

But the Mogul steps are huge, much bigger than any I've seen before, I cut off the locating pips and set them as far out as I could. my Radius is down to slightly over 3rd Radius so should have been O.K. I would have thought.

post-9335-0-39760500-1496522805_thumb.jpg

The B1, Black 5's 9F and Jube's etc are all fine, it's just this new Mogul that's bugging me.

I should have built a WIDER SHED for better Curves.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 1