Dapol's new Class 68 locomotives

Nobby (John)

• RMweb Premium

Any pics?

Not by me as they were kept at a safe distance from my grubby mitts. However, there may be pictures in one of the mags as they were in possession of the locos at the time.

Cheers,

Mick

Like Mick I had a quick look at the 68s at DEMU's Showcase exhibition at the weekend and they look great. As Mick says there are a few livery tweaks to correct particularly on the DRS version.

Cheers, Mike

Where were they Mike? I was there most of Saturday and I never saw 'em!

Martin

Like Mick I had a quick look at the 68s at DEMU's Showcase exhibition at the weekend and they look great. As Mick says there are a few livery tweaks to correct particularly on the DRS version.

Cheers, Mike

I was given a look also, they would rather hold back and get it bang on. But the samples were very very close to the final product

Got lucky and had a very quick glance at the factory paint samples of the DRS and Scotrail versions the other day. They looked pretty good, but apparently require a bit of tweaking.

If it means a few more weeks to get it right, then that works for me.

Cheers,

Mick

And being lucky to be sat at your demo was nice to get a sneak peak too. I was after the DRS version but I will be adding a Scotrail one too now. They do run near me and looked pretty good. Quite agree will be worth waiting for and I'd much rather see Dapol get it as accurate as possible before release.

Thanks

Mark

The 68s were on DCC Supplies stand.

Well I didn't see 'em, and I looked at the DCC Supplies stand! Sounds like from the other comments they were potentially 'under the table' and only bought out on request which if correct seems a bit silly!

So..... did anyone snap a photo of them that they can post up? 

Martin

Well I didn't see 'em, and I looked at the DCC Supplies stand! Sounds like from the other comments they were potentially 'under the table' and only bought out on request which if correct seems a bit silly!

So..... did anyone snap a photo of them that they can post up? 

Martin

Ever stop and think that Dapol maybe dont want them to be seen until they are correct, or people to come on here, slate it and then everyone gets the wrong impression??

Ever stop and think that Dapol maybe dont want them to be seen until they are correct, or people to come on here, slate it and then everyone gets the wrong impression??

Well of course....but then where's the sense in allowing a supplier to take them to a diesel 'showcase' event if there's a concern they're not correct?? I'm not complaining, would have just liked to see how the DRS and Scotrail examples are coming along given I'm not often in the UK.

Martin

Edited by trent

Well of course....but then where's the sense in allowing a supplier to take them to a diesel 'showcase' event if there's a concern they're not correct?? I'm not complaining, would have just liked to see how the DRS and Scotrail examples are coming along given I'm not often in the UK.

Martin

Technically the person taking it is a manager at Dapol, so possibly was only taking them so magazines could get a sneak peak so that they didn't have to post it out to them.

Alistair

Edited by alibuchan

Martin

All in good time. Dapol have said that they're going to post quite a few updates this week. You'll get to see them soon enough. Patience...

make yer mind up!

I just asked if anyone had pics to share...I wouldn't die if there wasn't. I am more than happy to wait. Since members said they saw it, I simply asked if there was pictures to be shared which many would like to see.

I know Dapol are going to post an update and I am more than happy to wait.

• RMweb Gold

i never saw the 68 model at DEMU on saturday, must have been looking in the wrong place even though i bought stuff off dcc supplies stand which is where others have said it was on show

ive not gone one on order but will wait to see it in the flesh before deciding whether to get one or not

Edited by big jim
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Any pics?

Apparently pics of the livery samples are in the latest edition of Rail Express. (Which may not be of use to you in Oz, unless you subscribe to the e-version....)

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

I really didn't want to order ANY of these as I already have far too many locos on my 'wish list' but the more this thread is progressing the harder I am finding it to resist...! I need a bigger wallet and a bigger layout - and neither are going to happen unless I match all 6 numbers this weekend.........

I really didn't want to order ANY of these as I already have far too many locos on my 'wish list' but the more this thread is progressing the harder I am finding it to resist...! I need a bigger wallet and a bigger layout - and neither are going to happen unless I match all 6 numbers this weekend.........

Totally agree, still sticking to the DRS livery ones but slowly succumbing to a Scotrail 68 but only 1! The DRS livery as it stands looks ok so can't wait to see the second go!!! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes, I don't think I'll be able to resist when they come out, hopefully the slight delay will take it into another months modelling 'budget' after all the new 66s that have just landed

Next question is which one to go for, DRS or chiltern, I've worked for both companies but not driven 68s for either so it's a toss up between them as I have appropriate stock for both both liveries