LMS Stanier Tender drawing wanted

LMS Black 5 by Ian Beattie, Railway Modeller December 1998, and the book "Drawn and Described". This should suit your needs.

Also:-

Jubilee class, Railway Modeller, December 1965.

Model Railways, June 1974. including Stanier 4000 gal tender.

Hi Ian,

I have in front of me a drawing of an L M S Stanier 9ton 4000 gallon tender drawn by a J F Henderson in 1973. There are a great number of measurements on it, albeit some a wee bit faded but if it is of any use to you you`re welcome to have it if you let me know where to send it.

Other than that, look for the mags that Tiptonian suggested and also Historic Locomotive Drawings In 4MM Scale by F J ROCHE.

Cheers just now

Jim.

Bachmann released Jubilee LMS "Nelson" with a 4000 gal tender.  In reality, "Nelson" was fitted with a Stanier 3500 gal tender.  Many Jubilees had Fowler 3500 gal tenders too.  The story I read was that many Jubilees were allocated MR routes where turntables weren't long enough to accommodate the 4000 gal tender.

John

Hi All

Many Thanks for the replies, Jim I will send you a PM,

The reason for asking is that I have the drawing from a 1966 Modeller of the Stanier curve top 3500Gall tender and I'm wondering if it is doable to cut down a Bachmann 4000G tender to fit on the 3500 chassis to produce the curve top 3500 gall version I need for 5684 Jutland.

anyone considered this type of conversion?

Ian

Ian I did the Gibson kit of the Stanier 3500 Gal tender for mine:

P1010004-001_zpsahf193vq.jpg

I think in hindsight the Brassmasters kit would have been better.

The Bachmann 4000 g tender is an excellent model in itself, better I think than the Gibson brass kit. 

John

• 2 years later...

Sorry for tweaking the subject slightly gents, but anyone know of a similar drawing of a Fowler tender? I could really do with one for a 'Crab' if there is one which is reasonably accessible. Anyway, how does the Bachmann one that comes with the loco rate? I would have thought that the Comet one might be quite a reasonable representation, if an alternative were necessary.