The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

57xx

Ferrari really can't argue with that one. Verstappen became the meat in a Ferrari sandwich. Vettel can only blame himself.

Anyway, that probably buggered any chance of a close championship race for the rest of the season. Roll on boring procession races to the end of the season.

• RMweb Gold

Ferrari really can't argue with that one. Verstappen became the meat in a Ferrari sandwich. Vettel can only blame himself.

I bet he doesn't. Nothing is ever his fault. Early analysis from Coulthard included "You can't see much from the slot in your helmet" and there is no answer to that!

• RMweb Gold

I bet he doesn't. Nothing is ever his fault. Early analysis from Coulthard included "You can't see much from the slot in your helmet" and there is no answer to that!

Also there was the comment that you can't look in both mirrors at the same time (I think this was directed at Max being caught in the Ferrari sandwich). I'm sure the stewards will deem it a "racing incident".

Either way, a Good result for Lewis..

Vettel on Webber = moved over but blamed Webber, I cant remember when.

Vettel on Lewis = he brake tested me , NO HE DIDN'T

Vettel on Bottal = he jumped the start for sure, NO HE DIDN'T.

He has form for shifting the BLAME, it's never (in his mind), his fault.

VETTEL ESCAPES BLAME AGAIN :O  = UNBELIEVABLE :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/20733544/no-penalties-vettel-raikkonen-verstappen-following-first-corner-clash-singapore

Edited by Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

The cynic in me would think that's because two out of the three cars involved were scarlet.

I like Christian Horner's quote in that ESPN story. Too right.

• RMweb Gold

I'm hard pressed to think of any incident involving Vettel that wasn't his fault. :jester:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The outcome is a shame, if only because of the advantage it gives to Hamilton. I had hoped that Vettel could at least make it interesting, which looks less likely after this.

A lot better than if he had taken out the others and been able to continue himself. At least there was a modicum of natural justice.

John

Not now. Track is now dry. The start was "interesting"

Yes, that's the sort of time where I miss Murray....

"The lights are out and the 2017 Singapore Grand Prix is go! go! go! Vettel's slow off the line, Kimi Raikkonen pulls alongside Max Verstappen. Vettel pulls over to keep Max behind him, and Wham! Bam! all three collide. Verstappen and Raikkonen go off, hitting Fernando Alonso's McLaren on the way. and Lewis Hamilton is up to second place! Will he get past Sebastian Vettel? No, Vettel closes the door on him - but Vettel swerves, hits the barrier, and is OUT OF THE RACE, and Lewis Hamilton is IN THE LEAD OF THE RACE! FANtastic!" 

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

As much as I dislike Vettel if you watch the vid from Max's car you will see that Kimi moves right into Max as Vettel holds line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-qitmfvlI

Yes, Vettel holds his chosen line right across Verstappen, who cannot go any further left because Raikkonen is there. The C4 - and presumably Sky - footage included an overhead shot, I think. Verstappen did nothing to cause the accident, ploughed a straight furrow, really, until Vettel forced him to back off a smidgen. 

I do wonder about the grid slot positions - having regard to a left hander, with pole being on the right, but not ahead. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

As much as I dislike Vettel if you watch the vid from Max's car you will see that Kimi moves right into Max as Vettel holds line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-qitmfvlI

Vettel was defending his position, there is no obvious swerve or late line change by anyone. Simply three cars going for the same first corner. My view would be a racing incident - nothing more.

The one I feel sorry for was Alonso - a totally innocent party in the above.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

The one I feel sorry for was Alonso - a totally innocent party in the above.

Cheers,

Mick

On occasions such as this, there might be a case for McLaren Honda to be given development credits instead of continually being penalised for trying to catch up, assuming that the F1 authorities mean what they say when they want to support four engine manufacturers.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A friend who lives in Australia took her new camera to the race.

She was positioned just on the first bend.

Heard them coming and only wreckage came into the viewfinder.

So amazed she forgot to press the button.

Reminds me of a Blaster Bates story. He had taken a photographer friend on a trip to detonate a tall chimney, showing him a good place to get the best shot of it collapsing. All went well, and so afterwards he met his friend and asked if he'd got a good shot of it all happening? "Picture be buffered! I've had a bowel action!" came the reply. So, as  BB summed it up "50 miles there, 50 miles back - sh1t himself and left his lenscap on!"

• RMweb Gold

I predicted a first corner accident but that sh!tbag Vettel could not wait he had to start bumper cars just after the start line,

I loved every minute of it seeing "The Vettel Thing" start it and end up with his own crap on his face.  :sarcastic: