The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

57xx

Yes they will, because they're contractually obligated to do so :yes:  Even more so, the team needs to work so that Daniel wants to stay, whereas with Max, they know that no matter how the car performs, he'll stay until the end of the 2020 season. :rolleyes: ;)  (it's a bit of psychology at work here)

But towards the end of the season, he won't be privy to updates and developments if he is thinking of taking the knowledge elsewhere surly.

What's he done wrong? His car isn't painted red, for starters.

On the other hand, I see McLaren have picked up the F3 champion for their apprenticeship, whilst Ferrari have only the 4th placed chap, albeit with an evocatively sounding name - Ilmor. Both Brits, astonishingly. Perhaps it is because they can pay them in pounds sterling, and get away with it, and so can afford better engines?

Its Callum Ilott  to Ferrari .

Lando  Norris was already a Mclaren man  before he went to the F3 Euroseries .Its a good victory for his team , Carlin motorsports ,who have been trying to win that series for several years .In fact each of their three drivers won a race  though of course Lando shone .Not bad for a rookie though a few  self inflicted wobbles on the way .I am biased .My daughters partner runs the team.Of course instead of celebrating a great victory they are all pissed off at not also winning the team victory which still went to Prema ,though the celebrations were  well imbibed .Thats motor racing. Until you have won the lot  your nothing in your own eyes.Even if you won the world F1 Championship ,constructors  etc ,a stray lap record will spoil it all  and  remain stuck in your brain .Ex Carlin boys also had the first four across the line  at Indy.

Its Callum Ilott  to Ferrari .

Lando  Norris was already a Mclaren man  before he went to the F3 Euroseries .Its a good victory for his team , Carlin motorsports ,who have been trying to win that series for several years .In fact each of their three drivers won a race  though of course Lando shone .Not bad for a rookie though a few  self inflicted wobbles on the way .I am biased .My daughters partner runs the team.Of course instead of celebrating a great victory they are all pissed off at not also winning the team victory which still went to Prema ,though the celebrations were  well imbibed .Thats motor racing. Until you have won the lot  your nothing in your own eyes.Even if you won the world F1 Championship ,constructors  etc ,a stray lap record will spoil it all  and  remain stuck in your brain .Ex Carlin boys also had the first four across the line  at Indy.

Thanks. I must get some new glasses..... but it would have been good if he really was called Ilmor?

Armchair and Remote booked for 7pm.

Will Lewis do it today?

Well my biggest worry is Vettel at the Start, if he gets one of his good start, he could end up taking Lewis or any others out.

I really don't think it will happen today, (as much as I would love it) but I think Lewis can still win the Race, and hope that Bottas or Riciardo can get past Vettel at some point during the Race.

Then there is Rikonen, what can / will he do if he gets a good start?

We'll soon know.

• Like 3

Armchair and Remote booked for 7pm.

Will Lewis do it today?

Well my biggest worry is Vettel at the Start, if he gets one of his good start, he could end up taking Lewis or any others out.

I really don't think it will happen today, (as much as I would love it) but I think Lewis can still win the Race, and hope that Bottas or Riciardo can get past Vettel at some point during the Race.

Then there is Rikonen, what can / will he do if he gets a good start?

We'll soon know.

If Vettel takes Hamilton and himself out at the start he’s doing himself no favours ...I don’t suppose he’d get a penalty though, as he’s in a red Italian car.......

Wait, I think they’ve given Max a five second penalty! Place back to Ferrari? FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX!

Just watched the drivers intro, etc. F1 has reached a new low!

Thank goodness there’s only one US Grand Prix. Edited by EddieB

Wait, I think they’ve given Max a five second penalty! Place back to Ferrari? FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX!

Thank goodness there’s only one US Grand Prix.

Don't put your mouth on it just yet, I believe they are trying to get a second race in the US.

Fix? It's Ferrari's right to have a podium for goodness sake!!! Damn upstarts!!

• RMweb Gold

Though I have to say I thought something didn't look right about Verstappen's overtake at the time, as he appeared at one point to have both front wheels on the kerb, which I believe is exceeding track limits.

Every driver has exceeded the track limit this weekend, there were many excursions off the track in the race today, none of them penalised apart from Max. Yesterday, there were comments that said Charlie Whiting had made a statement about them being lenient on people exceeding the limits. This is pure favouritism at work again.

Salo  (todays event marshall )was a Ferrari man .Conspiracy ,conspiracy etc .... treason etc. Max is the man despite being in a lousy car .Mind  you all the cars are lousy compared to  the made and designed in the UK fake  German Mercedes .He he :sungum:

Edited by alfsboy

Every driver has exceeded the track limit this weekend, there were many excursions off the track in the race today, none of them penalised apart from Max. Yesterday, there were comments that said Charlie Whiting had made a statement about them being lenient on people exceeding the limits. This is pure favouritism at work again.

But how many of those went off track while making a (successful) overtaking move?

But how many of those went off track while making a (successful) overtaking move?

Sainz passing Perez, for instance.

The other way round it could be argued about forcing another driver off the road. It probably would be if it was a Ferrari that went over the track limits.

F1 have brought this on themselves.

If Max had driven straight across a chicane flat out, he would have expected a penalty for cutting a corner. He cut a little off the corner (which nobody is disputing), so where do you draw the line?

If you penalised every driver for putting more than 2 wheels off the tarmac anywhere at any time, there would be no argument.

The argument I sometimes hear that they 'need to do it' is rubbish. If they tried it at Monaco, they would break a wheel off. If they didn't gain an advantage by leaving the track, they wouldn't do it anywhere.

Bottas left the track earlier i the race when he was racing Ricciardo. This was investigated & the commentators inferred that Ricciardo would be the one more likely to get a penalty.

• RMweb Gold

As Eddie says, Sainz vs Perez is the most obvious and there were many excursions at turn 1 today, Bottas and Ricci being one and of course there was Vettel, lap 1, turn 1, all 4 wheels over the line as he overtakes Ham. 

I'm all for the drivers observing track limits, they have been taking more and more liberties with them over the years. The problem is consistency - or rather, the complete lack of it from the stewards. Either apply the rules 100% or don't bother at all. There's also the "rule" about laps being not counted if all 4 wheels go off circuit during qualifying and yet we continually see people get away with that nowadays. I'd like to see kitty litter instead of all the hard run-off on corners, that would focus their minds.

With Max today however, he was a few inches over, he did not take a massive chunk off the corner and he actually made an avoiding move to prevent a collision with a rapidly approaching Kimi. Remember what happened to Max last time Kimi cut across him... Not one commentator said "oh dear he needs to give that place back" like they would normally do when someone genuinely gains an off-track advantage. The young man was robbed, pure and simple.

Edited by 57xx