The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

57xx

Apparently Lewis had posted a video of a particularly successful lap, on social media. Liberty have required him to take it down, citing licences to broadcasters, some of them exclusive, for such footage.

Exactly. If you or I posted such footage on the internet it would be piracy. Just because he drives a car in the races doesn't give Hamilton broadcast rights.

Now, should drivers have greater rights than the great unwashed to share footage? Perhaps, in fact I'd say they probably ought to. But in the current situation they don't, and therefore shouldn't share copyrighted material that they don't own the rights to.

Liberty said, at the first race, that they would relax the position on drivers and others posting material on social media, so he did. They subsequently changed their position.

I find it hard to see Hamilton's fault in that, to be honest.

If Honda have made no changes (they say they haven't) that rather points to quality control issues.

Spare a thought and possibly a pound or two for Billy Monger. Just 17 he was competing in a Formula 4 meeting at Donington last weekend when he ran into the back of a stopped car on the circuit. His life was in danger for some time, and he has tragically lost both legs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-39647622

This is the Just Giving page set up to help him raise money to 'live a normal life'

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/billymonger23

Liberty said, at the first race, that they would relax the position on drivers and others posting material on social media, so he did. They subsequently changed their position.

I find it hard to see Hamilton's fault in that, to be honest.

Liberty do not have a choice currently, due to the commercial agreements they adopted when they took over. They can only change them over time, should they see fit. But that might cost them. Hamilton's crime is just that of naivity, that somebody saying they would do something, is the same as them doing it.

• Like 1

Further to the Billy Monger post above, he is now out of his induced coma and is 'positive' about his future. The Just Giving fund has raised over £600,000, with Jenson Button and Max Verstappen each donating £15k. Other drivers and teams have no doubt contributed.

Tragic, though, that such a young man in a junior formula (think Formula Ford) should suffer such an injury.

• RMweb Premium

Further to the Billy Monger post above, he is now out of his induced coma and is 'positive' about his future. The Just Giving fund has raised over £600,000, with Jenson Button and Max Verstappen each donating £15k. Other drivers and teams have no doubt contributed.

Tragic, though, that such a young man in a junior formula (think Formula Ford) should suffer such an injury.

Lewis Hamilton has also donated as have a few others now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hardly any overtaking, hardly any wheel to wheel action, hardly any close Racing until the last few Laps.

Sorry but that Circuit does NOT deliver an exciting Race in my eyes, there is no atmosphere around the Circuit, you can hardly tell one corner from the next and so I was nearly asleep during most of it.

Roll on Barcelona and Monaco for some real corners and close walls.

Having said all that, Valtteri was a worthy winner.

Hardly any overtaking, hardly any wheel to wheel action, hardly any close Racing until the last few Laps.

Sorry but that Circuit does NOT deliver an exciting Race in my eyes, there is no atmosphere around the Circuit, you can hardly tell one corner from the next and so I was nearly asleep during most of it.

Roll on Barcelona and Monaco for some real corners and close walls.

Having said all that, Valtteri was a worthy winner.

I DID fall asleep for about 30 minutes and woke up to find almost nothing had changed.......

• Like 3

I DID fall asleep for about 30 minutes and woke up to find almost nothing had changed.......

I watched until just after half way and then went to paint the downstairs loo!

Had the tele on in the background and came back to watch 3 laps from the end!

Happy with the results though, should make it a decent season?

• Like 3

The prospect of Fernando in even a half decent car should get a few bums squeaking up and down the pit lane. He has dragged the God awful Honda into places it had no business being on so many occasions so please Mr Renault ditch the baggage and do the right thing !

I thought it was a fascinating tactical race, and the last quarter was tense and mesmerising as the four leaders traded fastest laps. The swings in the gaps, although tiny, were exciting, especially when Vettel put in a real flyer and then Bottas messed up his braking and locked up.

It also puts the championship into a new and rather intriguing position. Maybe it won't be a Ferrari walkover.