Guest nzflyer

There is currently a van body alongside the building that the Newhaven & District MRC used to meet in. The club have had to move as the area, between the University Technical College and the swing bridge, is being redeveloped. So I don't know how much longer it will be there. At the seaward end of the East Quay, Newhaven Marine Station building has now been removed, down to platform level and a new port security fence runs down the middle of the platform. Its upper quadrant signal is still in place.

attachicon.gifGrounded van Newhaven 7 2 2017.jpg

Caledonian 12T van I think. LSWR ones were very similar.......

Tony

• Like 1

There's a fair few mk3 sleepers around that aren't on their original bogies, BR kept the bogies as useful spares when they disposed of many of the sleepers. Several preserved lines snapped them up a sleeping accomodation for volunteers to use.  They are usually on accomodation bogies, don't recall seeing a fully grounded one.

I think a lot of mk3 sleepers were in store at the time of the Bushey derailment 16th Feb 1980 and donated their bogies to replace the damaged ones.

• RMweb Gold

I think a lot of mk3 sleepers were in store at the time of the Bushey derailment 16th Feb 1980 and donated their bogies to replace the damaged ones.

I didn't think mk3 sleepers existed in 1980

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
Here's a photo of the same redundant LU stock as seen from the cab of a 378 during testing on the East London Line. If you look closely (zoom in) there are two other carriages just visible to the left of the two in the centre of the photo, but slightly lower. One is directly below the signal head, the other is partially obscured by the 25 mph speed board. They are located on a part of the viaduct that survived that served Broad Street station.

Regards, Ian.post-32776-0-83416800-1508786040_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Here's a photo of the same redundant LU stock as seen from the cab of a 378 during testing on the East London Line. If you look closely (zoom in) there are two other carriages just visible to the left of the two in the centre of the photo, but slightly lower. One is directly below the signal head, the other is partially obscured by the 25 mph speed board. They are located on a part of the viaduct that survived that served Broad Street station.

Regards, Ian.attachicon.gifApproaching Signal EL229 (Down)_(IS 091009).JPG

Aren't the some short lived jubilee line cars, I saw them about eight years ago and believe they were some kind of advert for the line which the picture is taken from

• RMweb Premium

Aren't the some short lived jubilee line cars, I saw them about eight years ago and believe they were some kind of advert for the line which the picture is taken from

I believe they're let as artists' studios and low-cost office space.

'83 tube stock, designed when there was a drop in usage on the Underground, and then the usage picked up.

There is still a mk1 in the former bay at Huddersfield.

I believe there is 2 mk2s at Eurika in Halifax used as classrooms, not technically grounded as they are still on bogies but on an unconnected piece of track just behind Halifax station.

Was that the one thats buried somewhere in the yard as asbestos removal wasnt worth it? Also was there one at Craigentinny too?

There were two - A Park Royal, and the sole original ScR AC Cars Sc79979. I understood at least one was buried in a rubbish tip complete with asbestos. (CJL)

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

There's also some LU stock in field down Honiton / Axminster way next to the WOE line ............

If there are, I've missed them but there are a couple further up, Gillingham/Tisbury way IIRC.

You have to peer hard to notice them now as they have become quite well camouflaged by a healthy growth of moss / lichen / mould. 

John

https://www.agg-net.com/files/aggnet/attachments/articles/a_look_back_in_time.pdf

One that I came across today (bottom left of third page) - the wartime offices of the Institute of Quarrying at Trivillet Quarry, a few miles north of Delabole.  Can anyone recognize the coach - from where it is  I assume its ex LSWR but I could easily be wrong about that.