The Wallows

Mike

Playing about with another view blocker, namely the gate house fro Old Park Engineering. Lots still to do, photo is with the building just plonked in place, if I go with it, it will need to be carefully bedded in.

post-185-0-49835100-1507991163.jpg

• Like 7

I'm not sure of the total layout building positions Mike but it looks like that view blocker is doing just that to that gorgeous depiction of the pub behind it, now that would be a shame.

Not got a clue as to what else you could do there, maybe a wood store/timber yard with a big table saw.

I'm sure just as normal you will come up with a good choice.

Best

I'm not sure of the total layout building positions Mike but it looks like that view blocker is doing just that to that gorgeous depiction of the pub behind it, now that would be a shame.

Not got a clue as to what else you could do there, maybe a wood store/timber yard with a big table saw.

I'm sure just as normal you will come up with a good choice.

Best

Thanks, the end of the layout is open so the Pub can still be seen so I think it will work, but I will consult with my good lady who has an artistic eye. I will post some photos showing the complete layout latter this week so you and for that matter I will get a better idea of how it all works.

Edited by Mike

Playing about with another view blocker, namely the gate house fro Old Park Engineering. Lots still to do, photo is with the building just plonked in place, if I go with it, it will need to be [/size]carefully bedded in.[/size]

attachicon.gif20171014_143543.jpg

Hmmm.... too busy to come to the Cradley Show today, by the looks of it, Mike :dontknow: ;)

I was waiting for a familiar voice to complain loudly "there's nothing moving" in front of my layout :mosking: nothing like a bit of banter, eh?! :friends:

Hmmm.... too busy to come to the Cradley Show today, by the looks of it, Mike :dontknow: ;)

I was waiting for a familiar voice to complain loudly "there's nothing moving" in front of my layout :mosking: nothing like a bit of banter, eh?! :friends:

Sorry, would have loved to make it to the show. Hand and arms are a bit of a weeping mess. Hospital on the 7th November, hope they can sort it out as I'm far from the best company when I'm struggling with the discomfort.

Layout all set up ready to play a couple of things to do like fitting the fireproofed drapes and fixing a dry joint. Lighting rig and name board to finish before the exhibition outings at Solihull 11th Nov and the NEC Warley show on the 25th-26th Nov.

post-185-0-62700600-1508500289.jpg

post-185-0-31801500-1508500299.jpg

post-185-0-40722800-1508500312.jpg

post-185-0-21059600-1508500326.jpg

post-185-0-81930200-1508500343.jpg

post-185-0-64913500-1508500353.jpg

post-185-0-45156500-1508500362.jpg

post-185-0-65193600-1508500382.jpg

post-185-0-55877900-1508500395.jpg

• Like 9

Looking very good Mike, what did you decide to do for the view block near the pub?

Best

Thanks, view blocker has been put on the not to be used shelf. I have plans to add a weighbridge and office.

• Like 1

Today has been fireproofing drapes and checking all 3pin plugs conform to the NEC's required standards. Not very exciting but necessary, I can now just concentrate on the lighting rig design and then play trains.

• Like 1

Today has seen the lighting unit completed and extensive testing (playing trains)only to find an intermittent short. It took me almost 2 hours and much head scratching to find and finally sort the problem, but now all is sweetness and light. :) clear.png

• Like 5

Today has seen the lighting unit completed and extensive testing (playing trains)only to find an intermittent short. It took me almost 2 hours and much head scratching to find and finally sort the problem, but now all is sweetness and light. :) [/size]clear.png

Yeah, yeah - I bet that was just your excuse to SWMBO so you could play trains for longer!! :mosking: ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The Wallows is all set for its first show this Saturday 11th November at the local Solihull Exhibition. I need to keep my arms and left hand covered as after 9 months the Hospital have suggested that it is not dermatitis, but a fungal infection. Scrapes have been taken and sent for culture to determine the culprit but, unfortunately it could be contagious so I need to be careful. :cry:

Best o' luck with the show Mike,  Is it just the one day as I would like to "come and see".

On the Saturday we have planned to visit Bridgnorth probably via Severn Valley Steam for some shopping I'll see if I can talk her into the Solihull thing then my wife and I could do a little Christmas shopping in the Town later..

She does like Solihull so I may get lucky.

Regards

• Like 1

Remembrance day - my simple tribute

It was not mist that kissed the grass,
That brushed men’s lips as they breathed their last,
That left the dying, whose pain lingered on,
Then rolled on ghost like towards the Somme,
The Sun caressed this evil cloud,
That covered all like deaths own shroud,
It was not mist that kissed the grass,
But the deathly kiss of mustard gas.

Lice ridden clothes, matted hair,
Dull grey eyes full of despair,
Shivering limbs from incessant fire,
Bodies left upon the wire,

Rifles ready, bayonets drawn,
Ready for the whistles that will sound at dawn,
Then up and forward with an even tread,
God forbid we all end up dead.

Sunlight plays on dappled leaves,

Poppies and cornflowers dance in the breeze,

Like voices from beneath the clay,

We are hear,can you hear us it seems to say,

No crosses here above us set.

So remember us, do not forget.

The Last Post plays,tears are shed,

Today and forever we remember the dead.

© M J Bragg 2017

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Very moving Mike.  My Grandfather was missing presumed killed while in a coma in a french field hospital. Lost one eye full of shrapnel multiple broken bones but he was lucky and came home. Unlike his friend shot by a sniper during the night of 10/11/1918.

Don

Pictures from an exhibition, no not the theme tune of Jonathan Creek, but from Solihull on Saturday. Layout ran well and only needs a couple of tweaks before it's next outing at Warley . Special guest operator my 8 year old Granddaughter stole the show, shunting a couple of wagons and entertaining several visitors whose young off-spring where green with envy. (ps. I know that the theme tune was actually Danze Macabre.)

post-185-0-03208500-1510485995.jpg

post-185-0-28949600-1510486007.jpg

post-185-0-43156800-1510486027.jpg

post-185-0-47018900-1510486043.jpg

Edited by Mike
  • Like 9