New product from Minifer : the grain elevator of Luçon

MINIFER

Hello there!

It's my first topic and I will try to speak english as better as I can! :)

I just started a home business (http://www.minifer.fr/) and I sell typical french houses, but not only. I also have some background building, especially industrials, and perhaps you will like it.

Here is my new grain elevator : le silo de Luçon. Hope you will like it! More info at : http://www.minifer.fr/boutique/echelle-ho/batiments-industriels-a-l-echelle-ho/le-silo-de-lucon.html

A bientôt!

Minifer.fr

post-30093-0-46139200-1475571095_thumb.jpg

Someone pointed me to this topic. Just wondering what material are they maded from,as it is not clear from information .  Forget that, just seen on one page that they are laser cut with some card and plastic bits.

Also more suited to Northern France.I have mentioned it selsewhere but there is a shortage of Mediteranean regional styled buildings for HO.Not just France, but would be ideal for Spain , Portugal and Italy, not forgeting Greece.

Someone pointed me to this topic. Just wondering what material are they maded from,as it is not clear from information .

Des maquettes sous forme de kits à monter

Les kits sont composés de planches de carton dur, de bois ou de plastique. Ils sont à monter avec de la colle à bois et à peindre avec de l'acrylique ou de la gouache. C'est aussi simple que cela!

Read more at http://www.minifer.fr/pages/page.html#RiqDVVFkE5Fv8OPQ.99

" the kits consist of sheets of hard cardboard, wood or plastic. They can be assembled using wood glue and painted with acrylic or gouache. It's as easy as that!" This was found under 'qui sommes nous?'

For your information there is an english version of my website. On the top of the first page, on the right there is a "Fr" : clic on and choose "En".

The translation is on the way and it is not finished..

Sylvain

One thing you will find when you create a website for your business or just to share info, is that what might see obvious to you is not obvious to the visitor.

One feature of many websites for kits(mainly military) is that pictures are displayed showing both the completed kit and the parts laid out. Some even now have the instruction sheets to download, I presume to show potential customers what the kit is like and whether they would be able to build it. Also means that if you lose or damage instruction sheets you can print off another copy.

I only noticed the link to details after I had first posted message and then added a correction.

It is good to see some new kits though.

One thing you will find when you create a website for your business or just to share info, is that what might see obvious to you is not obvious to the visitor.

One feature of many websites for kits(mainly military) is that pictures are displayed showing both the completed kit and the parts laid out. Some even now have the instruction sheets to download, I presume to show potential customers what the kit is like and whether they would be able to build it. Also means that if you lose or damage instruction sheets you can print off another copy.

I only noticed the link to details after I had first posted message and then added a correction.

It is good to see some new kits though.

All my kits comes with a CD-ROM, with the instructions on it (PDF Format). Why? Because I use a lot of photos! It's always better to have more photos than a text :-)

• RMweb Premium

Having had the pleasure of meeting Sylvain over the summer and also having seen and touched the kits in the flesh, I can only say that they are amazing. The level of detail in them (and the instructions) is top notch, and if we could persuade him to do more UK type buildings, he would blow the competition in this country well out of the water!

Have a look through his website and you will see what I mean, even I find them alluring, and its well off my beaten Highland track!

Andy G

I am not being critical. I have looked at website, just suggesting how it could be better, with not much extra work, based on what I have seen on the site mentioned. It is the type of advice a business advisor would give. I find being able to seee what is actually in a kit very useful,especially as I am prone to modify rather than adhere to the kit instructions.

It might be nice to have some British models, but suspect it would be found that people will grumble about price, however good they are. That is unfortunatey what some in UK think, but they also seem to be happy to accept less good models, not much cheaper. Sad but true. I would suggest only doing French models for the moment.

Having had the pleasure of meeting Sylvain over the summer and also having seen and touched the kits in the flesh, I can only say that they are amazing. The level of detail in them (and the instructions) is top notch, and if we could persuade him to do more UK type buildings, he would blow the competition in this country well out of the water!

Have a look through his website and you will see what I mean, even I find them alluring, and its well off my beaten Highland track!

Andy G

Hello Andy!

Thanks for your reply! You know what? I have some projects for the british modelers ... something like this :

511064499-cite-ouvriere-leeds-maison-de-

It's a project for the moment. Wait and see ...

Kiss to your family

A bientôt! :-)

Sylvain

I am not being critical. I have looked at website, just suggesting how it could be better, with not much extra work, based on what I have seen on the site mentioned. It is the type of advice a business advisor would give. I find being able to seee what is actually in a kit very useful,especially as I am prone to modify rather than adhere to the kit instructions.

It might be nice to have some British models, but suspect it would be found that people will grumble about price, however good they are. That is unfortunatey what some in UK think, but they also seem to be happy to accept less good models, not much cheaper. Sad but true. I would suggest only doing French models for the moment.

Thanks for you interest.

The project to have the instructions of all the kits on line is on the way. Minifer is a young homebusiness (I started in february 2016), and there is thousand things to do ... by the time I would do this!

Have a nice day

Sylvain

• RMweb Premium

I have just had the pleasure of seeing the model of the grain elevator in the flesh at Montelirail exhibition today.

The pictures here do not really do it justice. Tis is a really fantastic looking model. I now need to look for an excuse to build one into a future layout.

Archived