Hornby announce the ex SECR / SR / BR(s) Wainwright H Class 0-4-4 tank as part of their 2017 range

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

A Pull-push set suitable for pre-1959 would be good, the lack (so far) of a BR early-emblem H might point to the possibility of a train pack including one.

One of the 1949-converted Ironclad or earlier ex-LBSC conversions would suit me down to the ground but I'm not sure if pre-1948 sets remained unaltered very far into BR days.

Either would also appeal to existing M7 owners.

John

A Huge H, maybe Hornby ment a H but much bigger, what about a Marsh I3    4-4-2T from the same period, entered service around 1907 just like the H class and much bigger, and a great  resemblance with the Wainwright H class and they look fantastic in LBSC livery and they did the heaviest expresses of that time.

So maybe Hornby try to misled :onthequiet: us with an huge H    :sarcastichand:    

• RMweb Premium

Big H could be Hornby..........big H news

Well considering Hornby Magazine reported in the last issue that Hornbys 2018 range is finalised, I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing new announcements soon. That's pretty big H news.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A Huge H, maybe Hornby ment a H but much bigger, what about a Marsh I3    4-4-2T from the same period, entered service around 1907 just like the H class and much bigger, and a great  resemblance with the Wainwright H class and they look fantastic in LBSC livery and they did the heaviest expresses of that time.

So maybe Hornby try to misled :onthequiet: us with an huge H    :sarcastichand:

OO Works did the I3 recently.Anyone who bought one is not going to be happy if Hornby duplicate one quite so soon and will go down like a lead balloon.So please not.

Depending on how HUGH you want to have it, the SECR J class looks like even more on a Wainwright H class, same cab style, same coalbunker style , only larger 0-6-4T and heavier 72 tons--- HUGH??

Overal it looks great, don't know if the SECR livery was like the H class, but if it does it would be stunnig  

Don't worry, Islesy is dyslexic, he meant a K4 'Great Marquess' , before it disappears forever..................

From Oz,

Peter C.

(I'll apologise to him this year at GETS).

OO Works did the I3 recently.Anyone who bought one is not going to be happy if Hornby duplicate one quite so soon and will go down like a lead balloon.So please not.

OO-Works do very limited runs which sell out quickly. The I3 has sold out. They won't mind being copied. They probably regard it as a compliment.

They have already had their King Arthur, C class, H class, Drummond 700, E4 class, Adams and Pullman Observation coach all duplicated by Bachby.

So on that basis it will be the (ex OO-Works) L class then.....

• RMweb Gold

OO-Works do very limited runs which sell out quickly. The I3 has sold out. They won't mind being copied. They probably regard it as a compliment.

They have already had their King Arthur, C class, H class, Drummond 700, E4 class, Adams and Pullman Observation coach all duplicated by Bachby.

Maybe OO Works won't but anyone who bought one just might not be too pleased.

Maybe OO Works won't but anyone who bought one just might not be too pleased.

OO Works may well mind - the danger is, if everything they make is copied a few years later by Hornby or Bachmann, what incentive is there for people to buy another OO Works product knowing that H or B will release a (probably cheaper) version (OO Works products are understandably more expensive) a few years later.

• RMweb Gold

OO Works may well mind - the danger is, if everything they make is copied a few years later by Hornby or Bachmann, what incentive is there for people to buy another OO Works product knowing that H or B will release a (probably cheaper) version (OO Works products are understandably more expensive) a few years later.

OO Works state on their web-site that they are not interested in making their locos DCC-ready. My layout is DCC, and I don't like having to solder chips into my locomotives, preferring the manufacturer to wire in a socket for me to plug my choice of chip into. So I am most unlikely to buy anything from OO Works unless it is something highly desirable and unlikely to be produced by anyone else, such as a W or Z class tank. In my opinion, if they don't want Hornby or Bachmann to copy their models, they should change their DCC policy.

That has always been the case and it hasn't stopped every OO-Works offering selling out with no difficulty.

We take this risk also every time we build a kit or upgrade and detail an old model.

When the OO-Works C class came out who would have thought a relatively unknown geographically-limited SECR 0-6-0 a subject that might interest Bachmann.

I reckon I3 owners are quite safe - but who knows.

• RMweb Gold

I infer that OO Works have little difficulty shifting a production run. People have noted that the detailing can be a little plain, but that doesn't seem to deter sales. If you were OO Works would you be worrying about the small % of sales that go to DCC-users who are unwilling to solder? I suggest not.

• RMweb Gold

I infer that OO Works have little difficulty shifting a production run. People have noted that the detailing can be a little plain, but that doesn't seem to deter sales. If you were OO Works would you be worrying about the small % of sales that go to DCC-users who are unwilling to solder? I suggest not.

And for their latest run an LSWR D15...they are to use a coreless motor...shock horror..For my sins,I have ordered one in Southern Railway guise.Apart from an Adams Radial bought second hand,a first for me from OO Works.Something different,I feel.

• Like 1