Class 91's have always been on the county end of the stock except after some diversions where they ended up the wrong way round - there were less oportunities for turning them than HSTs. I am aware of them being turned at Leeds on the triangle at Holbeck, via the high level line at Newcastle and possibly the triangle at Carstairs.

Could even have been work in Eglinton Street Tunnel that day, with sets working via a reversal at Shields Junction

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Bit of a cheat here as this was taken off a railway DVD that I had...sadly I can't remember the title. 86 going through the washers. And with Royal Mail stock on the left hand side

This was actually on BBC4 last night this loco must have been the only one to have a headlight with headcode blinds

Could even have been work in Eglinton Street Tunnel that day, with sets working via a reversal at Shields Junction

Jim

On 91s ending up at either end of Mk 4 sets are there no workings where they work into Newcastle and continue on back to London without reversing? 

Don't remember any issues with Eglinton St tunnel requiring reversal at Shields with 91 sets also I have loads of pics with the Intercity liveried 91s at the London end.

Have another with the buffer fitted HST in place of the DVT. 

Edited by vitalspark

• RMweb Gold

Never been a fan of the Anglia livery thought the colour was awful even today after dragging three coaches in this colour through Norfolk and Suffolk still do