Grim-up-North; Goathland, Queensbury & Bradford.

Sasquatch

• RMweb Premium

A note on the last picture.............

The fiddle yard can be seen in the foreground. Dunster will be placed in front of this for a temporary set up just to have some fun while I construct 38inches more of Goathland and get started on Queensbury! One day Dunster will reoccupy the attic room and a much reduced version of Minehead will be made (if I live long enough that is!)!!.

• Like 3

WOWSER Shaun, some great shots mate and so much detail, fantastic job, my personal two favorites have to be the shot into the Goods Yard with the illuminated Signal Box, and the Loco coming out under the Foot Bridge.

Great shots buddy.

Bodge.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

Wow you're up early. Or is it me up late...............What ever.

There are more videos uploading as I type.

Good to know you're feeling better and nice to catch you on here!

Shaun.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

In the second video you can hear the old Airfix/mainline slogger struggle as she hits the incline on the viaduct then watch her lean over slightly. This is what I want to capture with model trains!

• Like 2

Sorry for the wait guys and gals.

The garage dry wall is finished so I got in there Friday and Saturday and gave it a coat of primer.

Then......... I took Dunster apart and began moving all the parts into the garage/train hall!

Today with the help of Mrs. Sasquatch we began with the assembly of Goathland. After sorting many electrical problems the layout is up and running. So without further ado here are some pictures which I hope show different views than those posted before.

Absolute bliss....really pleased to see the layout out of mothballs.....and great new pictures....and Honeydukes in a first picture.....no Harry?????

That Abbey is looking gorgeous....I should start playing with the stuff you sent me..... :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Yeah.... I wanna paint all the structures the same way I did the abbey. And as for the moth balls, well let's just say it took ages to get the spiders webs orf!

Will dig out some modern stuff tomorrow! ( don't hold ya breath though)........... HAhaha..

• Like 2

Fantastic work Shaun, you really have captured the atmosphere. The photos and vids provide a great deal of inspiration to someone like me who is still at the drawing board stage. Suffice to say, with your permission of course, I shall refer back to your thread to crib ideas! Can't wait for the next set and I can understand now why Jaz was so impatient to see these,

Keep it up,

Kind regards,

Jock.

I love the abbey ruins. Someday want some on my layout when I extend it. The viaduct going into the tunnel is done very well. Love the village below it. Reminds me of Pensford in Somerset that I saw last summer and hope to model some day. I wish I could have done as well with the track plan of Goathland as you did. 

post-10569-0-49361200-1405965623.jpg

post-10569-0-91542600-1405965782.jpg

• Like 7

The thing that still continues to amaze is....is many of us bought the latest Hornby Goathland station with the lovely back.....Sasquatch had an early version and the latest one wasn't available.then.....

so he UPGRADED HIS MODEL !!!!!!!! Excellent piece of work.

• RMweb Premium

Hoping the repaints will improve them. I have a whole drawer full of detail bits to go on, several wagon purchases that match the wagons at the station, a sheet of ply, some points, track etc. for the extension and an uncoupling system ready to go on too!!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Having trouble editing in Youtube so these are a bit lengthy and the camera doesn't take good videos but what the hell I'll post them anyhow.

They wont embed so here are the links. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlYpfYAlbN4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSt18k077nU

This one is for Jaz who requested some modern trains.

Local DMU service and the class 16 pulling the fish finger express! Weird yes but what a nice train it makes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thROi43N3ws

I've no idea why it came out fuzzy.

Edited by Sasquatch
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Spent the evening running trains and shunting the yard with my mini shunters pole (a dentists hook thingy)

The little Bachmann J72 is a great runner and perfect for the job of shuffling stock about the station.

post-8964-0-80515700-1406010906_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-69495900-1406010932_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-80615100-1406010957_thumb.jpg

GNR 062 number 1763 is a favorite of mine. Hornby did a good job with the motor upgrade and the livery is exquisite.

The signal cabin has the wrong name, something from "Pottershire". Am adding that to my to do list.

post-8964-0-80561400-1406011107_thumb.jpg

Here's a couple of shots from the village in Pottershire.

post-8964-0-08263200-1406011694_thumb.jpg

post-8964-0-07415900-1406011736_thumb.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

Squatch.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Hi Jock mate.

Glad you liked the pics, it makes it well worth while putting them up. There's more here but we're off to bed as it's past midnight I'll do it in the morning. Right before I go up the barn to make the extension board. I'll do a step by step on open frame base board construction as I go.

Regards Shaun.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A tour of the goods facilities at Goathland.

4744 rests by the livestock pens.

post-8964-0-26767400-1406051732_thumb.jpg

A NE built hopper on the coal drops. This is a Slaters kit and is an essential piece of kit for any Goathland model, it goes together very nicely and might make a good starting point for anyone wishing to venture into wagon kit building. Hint hint!!!post-8964-0-57591900-1406051798_thumb.jpg

A brake van line up in the sidings. All from kits. The loco sand wagon was kit bashed from a Slaters 7plank. The shortest van is also kit bashed from the old Parkside LNER toad, shortened to represent the earlier NE dia.V4. middle one is a Slaters kit and the right hand one is kit bashed Airfix back dated to the LNER type.

post-8964-0-64476100-1406051819_thumb.jpg

Exquisit Bachmann Ivatt mogul with a short Parcels coming off the viaduct.

post-8964-0-09491600-1406051773_thumb.jpg

Back of the tea rooms building viewed under the arch.

post-8964-0-45896800-1406051840_thumb.jpg

Another pic of the abbey.

post-8964-0-41284700-1406051856_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Stunning as always. Every time I see a picture of your abbey I want to buy a bigger house! The shot of the lit house windows through the arch is great.

Is the black car parked, or just run onto the grass by the green one driving up the middle o the road?

• RMweb Premium

Yes they are train watching! You'll quite often find people parked up there! There is also a bench for just such a purpose but the model one is missing at present.  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Here's some pics of the extra 38" section about to be made.

post-8964-0-89665500-1406074752.jpg

Details here are 1:Increased height along retaining wall.

2: 10 MPH speed restriction

3: Mile post

4: Facing point lock.

5: Point rodding crosses under track.

6: Catch point

7: Manual point lever?

8: Detonator placer ? Not sure about this one because the point rodding has only 3 runs.

post-8964-0-43151700-1406075391.jpg

This is Will's/Hornbyandbf3fan  avatar picture.

post-8964-0-54655900-1406078360.jpg

Compression is necessary for this model and the line from Queensbury must cross here so I thought a curve to the left and hide the Queensbury- hidden loops line behind the trees. First a full scale drawing to see if this idea will fit!

Oh oh lightning storm and power cut. That's not good what with the fire danger at extreme.

More from me later.

• Like 1