The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

For those who like old Motorcycles.

DDolfelin

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

And so to the VJMC Club meet at Pure Triumph Woburn (in no particular order)

Vjmc(1).jpg.cceb033bb927017329459e507f038349.jpg

Vjmc(2).jpg.ddc8c2d0ed2153520602a7d1061045b8.jpg

Vjmc(3).jpg.43225a29aa4a5a87c2dd21ea43bca086.jpg

Vjmc(4).jpg.878f92a13196e61e96b9064a1c02e257.jpg

Vjmc(5).jpg.2904a42a3a48c49519d55b800488e097.jpg

Vjmc(6).jpg.1d87090d46349a065a346aade914cedd.jpg

Vjmc(7).jpg.071df6920b71a4a8f62c9e2ceeab3e2f.jpg

Vjmc(8).jpg.3cddff7348aeaa68c819052cea82c194.jpg

Edited by PupCam
  • Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, PupCam said:

Some interesting machines including a couple of ~100 year old Scott Squirrels the notes on which said the combined age of rider and bikes was 183 years IIRC, so keep on riding!

The mention of Scott Squirrels brings back memories of my hill climb days and a lovely chap that

used to turn up with an outfit version . In his 80's but still riding , his daughter sat in the chair and 

gave directions , he often managed to actually go slower on each run as the day progressed .

Found this article , some of Sheelagh's comments are just as I remember them .

https://www.vmccsprint.co.uk/post/ossie-neal-memorial-sprint-2013

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Has anyone sold a bike/car on the “Car and Classic” website by any chance - using the advert format rather than the auction format?  I’m considering putting Harry the Honda on there as well as on Ebay.

Thanks

Brian

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, polybear said:

Has anyone sold a bike/car on the “Car and Classic” website by any chance - using the advert format rather than the auction format?  I’m considering putting Harry the Honda on there as well as on Ebay.

Thanks

Brian

What is this "selling" thing of which you speak?     🤔

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PupCam said:

What is this "selling" thing of which you speak?     🤔

You forget that he hath not a garage to store quantities of motor cycles in .     🤣

And that's probably put me on the list .    😎

Edited by Sidecar Racer
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Sidecar Racer said:

You forget that he hath not a garage to store quantities of motor cycles in .     🤣

And that's probably put me on the list .    😎

No - it takes you off The List for remembering.

But as for Puppers....well that's a different matter entirely.....😠

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/07/2024 at 23:14, PupCam said:

My little RD200 was invited to the Flitwick Motorcycles 2 Stroke Day yesterday.   It would have been rude to turn the invitation down.   Some interesting machines including a couple of ~100 year old Scott Squirrels the notes on which said the combined age of rider and bikes was 183 years IIRC, so keep on riding!

Anyway here are some photos including one of Steve Linsdell's  RE GP5  Racer replica currently under development.

After the excitement of Flitwick yesterday a run over to Pure Triumph Woburn today to visit the VJMC's Meet.  Amusing that it should be held at a Triumph dealership 🤣  I'll post some photographs from that later.

TwoStroke-2.jpg.97f2a35a48503d441196266e919f5911.jpg

One of the lads from my local club meet sent some pics to our Wassup group on Saturday. Who's bike was the first one he sent pic of? None other than the orange beastie.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I only knew Dominic Chinea as one of those lovely people in the Repair Shop on TV. One of my favourite programmes, because they always seem like they are repairing people as well as things.  Anyway, just found he has a nice YT channel as well, all about fixing old bikes and cars.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, polybear said:

That Harley XR must be worth a few quid?

Not as much as you'd think, it's a Sportster engine in a replica frame. Still make a good dent in your pocket money though. 

The knucklehead is the REAL money spinner... 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Bear in mind I know nowt about motorbikes but I went out for a quiet cycle on the manifold trail and these lot were at haddon mill 

Sent the vid to a collegue who’s big into his bikes and he got rather excited about the bike behind the trike 

IMG_9067.jpeg

it’s a late 70s/early 80s Honda CBZ1000Z apparently, sent me a link to one on eBay that’s up for sale for £14k! 

the trike engine had a 2.3L engine looking at the plate on the rocker cover 

IMG_9050_4hr1vjZMQj9DD83wW1yJwD.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

There was a bikers breakfast at JCB in Rocester this morning,  the area has been filled with bikes of all shapes and sizes today!

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, big jim said:

Sent the vid to a collegue who’s big into his bikes and he got rather excited about the bike behind the trike 

IMG_9067.jpeg

it’s a late 70s/early 80s Honda CBZ1000Z apparently, sent me a link to one on eBay that’s up for sale for £14k! 

Close - CBX1000 I think.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1