Scalescenes in O Gauge.... a problem.

I decided, foolishly or not, that I wanted to scale up a few buildings and build them in O gauge. Money is tight and I love card models and building them, I am just not great at it!

So first off I decided to build the free download coal office. I need to neaten a few bits up but on the whole I an happy with it, though it's nowhere near as good as some stuff on here.

20160721_213818.jpg

After that I decided I needed a Diesel depot, so I downloaded it. Here it is so far.

20160721_215910.jpg

The first issue was obviously printing it.I split it up carefully so that any joins would be hidden. That was fine except for the roof which obviously was too big.

I then got the opportunity to buy an A0 printer extremely cheaply so that solved the joins in the roof. Herein lies the problem.

When I printed the roof on A4 it is 320mm split over 4 pages. The building measures 328mm long internal, where the roof is supposed to sit. To get the roof to fit i have had to print the two roof sheets 3% bigger.

Is it something I have done? The parts were printed and measured on 2 different printers and always come out the same.

Any ideas would be appreciated, just so I don't think I have gone crazy!

Chris

Is it the thickness of the card that's the problem? It's what I found with the free office when I built it. I had to adjust the roof to fit. There's some information on what I had to do starting here. I imagine the problem would be bigger with the much larger building. My first big Scalescenes building in 7mm will hopefully be the updated Factory/Warehouse, when it eventually appears, and I don't know how that will work. John Wiffen told me he was hoping it would be released last month, but it hasn't appeared yet.

I scaled the card up too, so the heavy card is now a laminate 3.5mm thick. I think that should be near enough?

Even in OO gauge it would have an error of approximately 5mm.

It still looks good though, and it's massive!

Archived