More Pre-Grouping Wagons in 4mm - the D299 appreciation thread.

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

Heathen!

I thought that was going to be a comment on the red Nellie double-header.

I don't believe Nellie was ever issued in LNWR lined black, which is a shame. 

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, WFPettigrew said:

Surely you are not suggesting a "small engine policy"???!

That double-header was just the beginning. They were racing four against three by the end of the day. We had a green Nellie throw a crankpin screw - coupling rod up into the tank space, engine head over heels... The screw turned up as the boards were being packed away.

Nellies were built to withstand this sort of treatment but we may be on the look-out for a few more spares for next year, or at least X04s! That characteristic Triang smell of an X04 driven hard takes one back to one's youth as surely as Proust's madeleine.  

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

That double-header was just the beginning. They were racing four against three by the end of the day. We had a green Nellie throw a crankpin screw - coupling rod up into the tank space, engine head over heels... The screw turned up as the boards were being packed away.

Nellies were built to withstand this sort of treatment but we may be on the look-out for a few more spares for next year, or at least X04s! That characteristic Triang smell of an X04 driven hard takes one back to one's youth as surely as Proust's madeleine.  

And many of us think of you as one of the more sensible and learned members of the RMWeb community...🤪

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, Worsdell forever said:

And many of us think of you as one of the more sensible and learned members of the RMWeb community...🤪

I will stoop to any level to encourage new entrants into the hobby!

• Like 6