Presflo Wagon liveries.

lancer1027

• RMweb Premium

Quite a few threads about Presflos!  The Presflo in this Youtube video at about 8' 18" caught my eye.  Looks like dark grey?  Or possibly the blue mentioned earlier in this thread?  Anyway, thought it of interest and this probably the best thread for it!  If nothing else there is other interest in the same train, let alone the rest of the video.

https://youtu.be/he3jMIemvUY?t=8m19s

That's a blue ICI BULK SALT PRESFLO.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Just to stir the pot a bit, I believe Prestwins were used on Delabole slate traffic too! An article about a brakevan trip to Wadebridge and Wenford Bridge by the CURC in the Raiway Magazine shows one in the train formation.

Nothing to do with Presflos but maybe pertinent to the thread

Disgusting of Market Harborough

Just to stir the pot a bit, I believe Prestwins were used on Delabole slate traffic too! An article about a brakevan trip to Wadebridge and Wenford Bridge by the CURC in the Raiway Magazine shows one in the train formation.

Nothing to do with Presflos but maybe pertinent to the thread

Disgusting of Market Harborough

I've also seen photos of a Covhop on this traffic.

I have just built a JLTRT Presflo wagon but wondered what the lettering would be whilst in bauxite livery during late 60's early 70's.

If anyone has any pics of these wagons in Devon / Cornwall during this period i would be most grateful. 

Regards Rob

There is a nicely restored example of a bauxite liveried Presflo at the Buckinghamshire Railway Centre, Quainton Road. Here's a picture that I took when newly painted together with  poor scans I have from a slide that I purchased many years ago. Unfortunately I cannot get rid of the red hue but others may succeed.post-4697-0-47371800-1533401915_thumb.jpgpost-4697-0-19383100-1533401941_thumb.jpgpost-4697-0-40553500-1533401979_thumb.jpg

Edited by BrushVeteran
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 04/08/2018 at 11:19, BrushVeteran said:

Here's a picture that I took when newly painted together with  poor scans I have from a slide that I purchased many years ago. Unfortunately I cannot get rid of the red hue but others may succeed.post-4697-0-40553500-1533401979_thumb.jpg

Colour adjusted overall, mostly to reduce the Magenta. Not perfect but closer.

Presflos.jpg.68f30a24c41bf05fc740a25fda0299c3.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BernardTPM said:

Presflos.jpg.68f30a24c41bf05fc740a25fda0299c3.jpg

The two PRESFLOs with large Blue Circle boards were owned by BC and are painted grey - which superceded yellow as the corporate colour.

The PRESFLOs with smaller Blue Circle logos were BR owned, and were painted bauxite.

Transfers for most / all PRESFLO pre-TOPS liveries can be found at https://www.cctrans.org.uk/products.htm ; just do a page search on PRESFLO.

John Isherwood,

Cambridge Custom Transfers.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, kasyjones said:

For an idea on the various liveries you cannot go wrong checking out this site..................owner is also member of the site I believe

https://www.ellisclarktrains.co.uk/collections/presflos

A useful site, but there were many more variations.

For instance, the lettering could be stencilled, as is the case with the RH wagon shown below.

Presflos.jpg.68f30a24c41bf05fc740a25fda0299c3.jpg.e1a19766f9aca3f47bc4e8685ada50e1.jpg

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium

True John, many, many variations, especially as a lot of those Presflos were recycled for other work

Incidentally John, loved that sheet of Blue Circle transfers that you sent me.image.png.0936d386f4d1e54d22a96db56e69fbb9.png  They went on a treat to my JLTRT Presflos

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, kasyjones said:

True John, many, many variations, especially as a lot of those Presflos were recycled for other work

Incidentally John, loved that sheet of Blue Circle transfers that you sent me.image.png.0936d386f4d1e54d22a96db56e69fbb9.png  They went on a treat to my JLTRT Presflos

Thank you; it's always good to see the finished model.

John Isherwood.

• 1 year later...

Without starting a new thread, I’m building up a train of Ellis Clark Pressflow’s  set around 1959 / 63 I’ve got a Bauxite example and a Blue circle yellow one. 
when did grey supersede yellow for the main body colour on Blue circle branded wagons ? 
They do some unnumbered versions so I could apply the transfers myself as the numbered grey blue circle wagons are listed at TOPS. 
They also offer the Bauxite with small bLue circle branding again as TOPS but with unnumbered options available, What time period is correct for that livery option ? 
thanks all 

Edited by steve fay

On 03/07/2023 at 11:55, steve fay said:

Without starting a new thread, I’m building up a train of Ellis Clark Pressflow’s  set around 1959 / 63 I’ve got a Bauxite example and a Blue circle yellow one. 
when did grey supersede yellow for the main body colour on Blue circle branded wagons ? 
They do some unnumbered versions so I could apply the transfers myself as the numbered grey blue circle wagons are listed at TOPS. 
They also offer the Bauxite with small bLue circle branding again as TOPS but with unnumbered options available, What time period is correct for that livery option ? 
thanks all 

First batch 1960 yellow, second batch grey 1963. Early ones became grey when repainted https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/apcmpresflo

Paul

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1