I also have the EWS 60026, a very nice example isn't it!

I've also got a 60026 and my version of 37116 !

Nice additions

Cheers guys!

I think everyones got a 60026!

I do have another, which Im going to renumber. I think to 60098 (which Im sure was EW & S) :)

Thanks

Trev :)

Just had a look through my photos and yep, 098 was EW & S.

Pity about this loco being used as a Christmas tree at TO (being the 1000th loco built at Brush)

It would have made a great addition to the national Collection instead of some of the other junk they have in there....

Anyhoo here she is on V70 Cliffe Vale - St Blazey at Washwood Heath around 2000.

post-7156-0-03216200-1475735750.jpg

Cheers

• Like 4

That's your pet tug eh....

Mine would be 60019, as the sight of it trundling through Aylesbury in 1996 reawakened my ten year dormant interest in railways and I haven't stopped since !

They are pretty cool machines Rob, regulars round by me cos of the Kingsbury oils.....

I do like 98 though, and 70 for some reason... both stripped and nothing more than shells now :(

Cheers

It's a shame, but pure economics dictated that storage I think.

I liked the steel blue ones. Very distinctive noise these things made going up over the chilterns with the binliner. And smell unfortunately !

• Like 1

Very distinctive noise these things made going up over the chilterns with the binliner. And smell unfortunately !

I must be a blessing for train drivers these days, that on such a working a banking engine is not required.  :stinker:  :haha:

Pepsi

• Like 1

I must be a blessing for train drivers these days, that on such a working a banking engine is not required.  :stinker:  :haha:

Pepsi

Some steel trains (Margam - Corby etc) that run up the Lickey still require a rear end shove.

Its good to watch the loco arrive L/D from Bescot then drop back, the train gets into position then shove away!

Just a pity its not pairs of tractors any more :(

Ive not really done much to the layout over the last few days.

I had another delivery from Express Models which contained a skip with flashing lights and some strip L.E.D's for the WRD building.

Im off work next week, and plan to try and get the following done:

• Finish ballasting around the WRD and get the hardstanding in place
  • Try and finish and wire up the platform
  • Backboards!
  • Paint the WRD 
  • More track painting
  • Build the numerous buildings & Portacabins for the p-way area

Ive also got some weathering to do, A few Cambrian kits to build.........whether any of the above happens I dont know!

Anyhoo, here are few pics from last nights running session:

post-7156-0-07924800-1475822267_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-32340500-1475822278_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-48653600-1475822291_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-20873600-1475822307_thumb.jpg

The 168 is my mates who dropped it over for some weathering.

Cheers 

• Like 8

The gasometers have dismantled now.

Just had a look through my photos and yep, 098 was EW & S.

Pity about this loco being used as a Christmas tree at TO (being the 1000th loco built at Brush)

It would have made a great addition to the national Collection instead of some of the other junk they have in there....

Anyhoo here she is on V70 Cliffe Vale - St Blazey at Washwood Heath around 2000.

attachicon.gif60098.jpg

Cheers

• Like 1

The gasometers have dismantled now.

Yep.

Ive been back a few times and looking towards town its very odd. You can see the flats at New John St. too.

post-7156-0-03804200-1475840500.jpg

56302 on E07 last year

post-7156-0-91008600-1475841497.jpg

Tug 20 on E41

Edited by big T
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Having had a week off, I did virtually nothing on the layout, with the exception of mixing some Polyfilla and making a hardstanding around the WRD.

The reason I used Polyfilla was that I had run out of 3mm Plasticard and there were some off angles, and me being really impatient, thought 'oh well' and got stuck in.

Ive done a wee bit of sanding and shaping, and am looking for a fairly rough finish, as previous experience shows that the indentations holds paint and makes areas of interest, more so than a flat uniform shape.

Anyhoo I managed to get some primer down tonight, and once I'd cleaned the rails I ran a few locos.

post-7156-0-02220000-1476652743_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-18024200-1476652758_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-37335200-1476652785_thumb.jpg

Paint and weathering and dirt to follow.....

Cheers

• Like 7

Had a bit of a tidy up today, and with the help of my eldest lad, managed to get the plywood backboards test fitted, then screwed to the baseboards. It has made a real difference.

im quite happy with the result and cant wait to sand and paint the wood.

Ive also had a crack at sanding the Polyfilla around the WRD entrance/exit and have touched up some of the ballast.

post-7156-0-07580400-1477168368_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-88286900-1477168430_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-85988300-1477168522_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-45709800-1477168579_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-78075600-1477168630_thumb.jpg

post-7156-0-01713700-1477168724_thumb.jpg

cheers

Trev

• Like 6

Layouts looking absolutely spot on now Trev. Love the overall view from above looking down the full length.

Will look the Bee's Knee's once the back scene is in place.

Cheers

Marcus

Cheers matey

Thanks very much for your comments. Im surprised that the backscene plywood  went on so well and was perfectly true in all planes. (My joinery skills aren't brilliant lol!)

Now Ive got to sand and paint it.

Sorry for not responding sooner - was on the  R.O.G. "Thrash Bash" out of Derby yesterday.

Thanks mate

Trev,

Even the plain wooden backboards stop the attention being drawn to the items in the background

Thank God! I was sick of seeing that flippin' boiler in my shots haha!!!! :yahoo:  :yahoo:

• RMweb Premium

Looked an excellent trip Trev, may there be many more. Unfortunately I was busy playing trains in Taunton over the weekend or I may of leaped for this. I was however luckily enough to bag 884 on the 'coast' when in Loadhaul livery. 800 being a big winner though! I do remember 800 blasting through Rugby many moons ago. She nearly blew the glass (or what was left of it) from the station canopy as she took off! :stinker:  

Cheers, Anthony

• Like 1

Looked an excellent trip Trev, may there be many more. Unfortunately I was busy playing trains in Taunton over the weekend or I may of leaped for this. I was however luckily enough to bag 884 on the 'coast' when in Loadhaul livery. 800 being a big winner though! I do remember 800 blasting through Rugby many moons ago. She nearly blew the glass (or what was left of it) from the station canopy as she took off! :stinker:  

Cheers, Anthony

Hi matey 

How did Taunton go? Well I hope?!

Tractors always sounded hell from under the canopy at Rugby!

Cheers

Edited by big T
  • Like 1