Fleischmann HO Turntable problem

I wonder if there is anyone on the forum that could give me some advice, please.

I have a Fleischmann HO turntable that has been sitting waiting for my layout to materialise for a number of years now and on testing to see that it still worked, I find that the tracks from the table itself do not line up with the outer tracks when it revolves, nor does it stop revolving once it starts when under power.

I suspect that it just needs a slight adjustment to the position of the drive cog, but I cannot remember how to lift and remove the table apart from removing the circlip on the center spindle and I have filed the instruction sheet away in a safe place (lost it).

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Brian

Brian, I've got one upstairs on my layout and it would take a while to access, so this is from memory.

You remove the centre circlip under the drain cover but also have to remove some of the outer sections to allow the gear wheels to clear the outer rim. Each of the outer sections are held in place with sprung plastic clips that are moulded as part of the outer sections. If you look inside the well of the turntable, you can see the clip tails. Press those in and you can then pull each one of the outer sections up vertically and away from the well. You will need to remove 4 or 5 from each side, diametrically opposite and at 90 degrees to the deck. Once they are out you should be able to turn the deck around and out via the gaps you have created.

Edit: Just checked and forgot to tell you about the gear train release. Once you have taken the required outer sections off, there is a sprung lever that protrudes to the side of the deck. Pulling that lever back, frees up the drive and you can then swing the deck round to the open gaps you created. It will then just lift off.

Thanks Gordon.

Managed to get the table off OK with your help. Everything looks fine (and remarkably clean) and I have put it back together. Unfortunately the table once started, will still not stop at the exit tracks as it should and it makes a clicking sound as it revolves and I cannot see why it should be like this. Time for further investigation I think.

Once again, many thanks.

Brian

• 10 years later...

Hello

...found this very old thread.

I have a problem with mine in that the bridge tracks do not line up exactly with the roads when the end point of rotation is reached. There is a little “play” in the bridge rotation. It is less than one cog position.

Can you offer any advice?

ps- the clicking t had at you reported happens in mind as well- mine is DCC controlled.