Heaton Lodge Junction

• RMweb Gold
On 20/08/2022 at 15:43, HeatonLodge40 said:

Spent an enjoyable day building a diorama for a mate to photograph his locos on. 
I’ve never constructed anything with a summer theme so there was a bit of head scratching!

Walls are by Ten Commandments, static grass by Mini - Natur, concrete trunking by me, postiche/dolls hair by Treemendus and 03 from Heljan. 

By the way I’ve just launched the new website for O gauge locomotives.

Ads are on RM Web but if Andy York doesn’t mind the website is realismredefined.co.uk 

BCE694EB-2301-4D08-85BB-80034AA97C50.jpeg

CEAEE6FD-CE72-4D14-AECC-0B9B11F9092A.jpeg

AAE39D9A-3FFB-4F75-AFD4-A1C9208B75A4.png

ABDCCFE4-9771-43FB-9BF7-6FE977ADA3C4.jpeg

A3EEAA9D-7E7F-443B-96F4-F6DD1DFDD656.png

F121CCDE-1E2A-4B08-A65E-EB493A1C51C2.jpeg

Even with everything planned and all the "ingredients" lined up in advance, that is a very impressive achievement in that time.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Agree 2

• 3 months later...

It’s been a while I know!

The online shop has kept me very busy but there is some developments on Heaton Lodge about to commence.

Firstly the frost effect is becoming a touch more hard core throughout the layout. I like the winter effect and I’ve been busy experimenting with a haze machine to create a light mist especially over the river.

Work is beginning imminently on the ballasting of the marshalling yard, and the platforms are under construction for the new albeit fictitious station next to it.

The worst thing having a workshop in the middle of the layout is it’s too tempting to start a running session. Once started the day is completely written off.

Apologies for the same video appearing twice! Can’t seem to delete one of them 

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/01/2023 at 21:18, HeatonLodge40 said:

Thanks. It’s a liquid by a company called Precision Ice & Snow. 
It’s used by military modellers mainly for snow dioramas 

Frosting is rarely modelled, and not often photographed. These vans show the effect very well - believe me it was freezing that morning. https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brvda/e190abe0f   https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/vca/e3b27f080

Paul

Edited by hmrspaul
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, thegreenhowards said:

I’m looking forward to seeing it again - making a trip up from London.

Andy

So it looks like I'll have the pleasure of your company two days of three a row, as I shall also be there!

Tony

Edited by Tony Teague
  • Like 2

I’d love to see this, and MrsD & looked at doing the trip, but Kent to Harrogate is looking at three hundred quid return… even allowing for my old git’s card.  Add two nights in a hotel and the show entry tickets, curries, drinks, and spending a few bob at the show and it’s an entirely unreasonable £500 plus for a weekend away.

add to that SouthEastern’s dire warnings of snow, sleet, freezing fog and other apocalyptic horsemen, and we’ll regretfully pass on this occasion.

one day, I hope.  Have a great show!

Simon

• Friendly/supportive 2

A magnificent layout, despite following it on here I really wasn't prepared for the size! Really does look like the real thing even though I only drive over it with the modern rationalised layout.

One very minor bit of constructive criticism was that loco's pulling a train do not have the tail lights on but a few did yesterday, there should never be any red lights apart from at the very rear of the train. With the fantastic attention to detail on everything else this minor change would complete the picture.

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, richardw1970 said:

A magnificent layout, despite following it on here I really wasn't prepared for the size! Really does look like the real thing even though I only drive over it with the modern rationalised layout.

One very minor bit of constructive criticism was that loco's pulling a train do not have the tail lights on but a few did yesterday, there should never be any red lights apart from at the very rear of the train. With the fantastic attention to detail on everything else this minor change would complete the picture.

I agree with that point. And for anoraks like me the mix of vac and air brakes wagons in the same train didn’t ring true. Would this ever of happened? Presumably only with the vac braked stuff at the rear and unbraked?

But these are minor points. The scale and finesse are mind blowing.

14 minutes ago, thegreenhowards said:

I agree with that point. And for anoraks like me the mix of vac and air brakes wagons in the same train didn’t ring true. Would this ever of happened? Presumably only with the vac braked stuff at the rear and unbraked?

But these are minor points. The scale and finesse are mind blowing.

Happened a lot, esp cross over period from vac to AB. Often see the old vac stuff at front as a “ fitted head “, with the AB wagons behind not utilising their brakes .

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

It’s a great layout , I wasn’t disappointed back in Dec21 at Wakefield.

I’m hoping Heljan sort the greys out on the 58. Top grey stripe appears same colour as the roof, which it wasn’t . Roof Is darker.

See below 

1EC54DED-FD16-41E4-88B0-186A5480D690.png

041DCF2B-E973-4AAA-81FF-11E1216C404E.png

1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

Happened a lot, esp cross over period from vac to AB. Often see the old vac stuff at front as a “ fitted head “, with the AB wagons behind not utilising their brakes .

or simply all mixed together as the AB wagons had through air pipes, it is why many had a TOPS code with B as the third letter. And this did lead to a few very nasty accidents as staff miscalculated the brake capacity. 

Paul

• Like 1

Did Yorkshire have top skip HAA during the period modelled? Most of the early ones were used in Scotland. It was much later that a lot of old HAA were newly fitted with topskips and they were used in Yorkshire. 

Paul

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

or simply all mixed together as the AB wagons had through air pipes, it is why many had a TOPS code with B as the third letter. And this did lead to a few very nasty accidents as staff miscalculated the brake capacity. 

Paul

Do you mean that the AB wagons had through vac pipes? Otherwise I don’t understand how it would have helped.