Taunton 2016 - full line up announced

Captain Kernow

Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend because of a very real and credible danger to my gonads should I even think of doing anything related to 'those trains' on our wedding anniversary.

Hope everyone had a good day. Maybe next year...

• RMweb Gold

I hadn't realised the scale of Stubby's monorail from the pics on his thread.

Hilarious. Anyone know how to remove coffee from a works computer key board.......

Rob.

..... a very real and credible danger to my gonads should I even think of doing anything related to 'those trains' on our wedding anniversary.

Not married long then.....  :nono:

I think the rupees were a donation from the elephant on the monorail.

I don't think any donations from an elephant would have got into the donations tin/box,

Though they well may have been the reason for the derailment(s) and/or lack of progress by the train.

Excellent collection, though I'm sorry I missed the auction, what time was that, please.

Doesn't work like that - I was under a similar restraining order and it was made quite clear to me that if I attended something else 'on our day' on my return home I would be living in the shed, without catering.

Is your layout in the shed? Sounds like a win to me!

• RMweb Gold

I was a lucky winner in the auction, including a mug (one careful previous owner!) that commemorates a most welcome infrastructure enhancement scheme (Cotswold) in which Tim played a key role. It will be forever linked with yesterday and Tim's contribution to such a great series of events. Provenance is everything!

• RMweb Premium

I was a lucky winner in the auction, including a mug (one careful previous owner!) that commemorates a most welcome infrastructure enhancement scheme (Cotswold) in which Tim played a key role. It will be forever linked with yesterday and Tim's contribution to such a great series of events. Provenance is everything!

So has it gone up in value already?

• RMweb Gold

post-7025-0-10922700-1461583746.jpeg

#Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey 
Chim chim cher-ee!
A sweep is as lucky, as lucky can be
Chim chim-in-ey, chim chim-in-ey 
Chim chim cher-oo!
Good luck will rub off when I shakes 'ands with you

hopefully some video later on.

attachicon.gifWSR_1s.jpg

Over the years, linked to Members' Day it was always a joy to take a trip on the West Somerset whenever we could. Tim organised a tour of the works at Minehead three years ago, and a day with an 09 and a couple of brake vans down on the triangle at Norton Fitzwarren two years back.

Saturday was a chance in beautiful weather to try and get some different footage on a run behind Kinlet Hall.

I appreciate there are some audio issues when the speed gets above 20mph (all part of the learning curve with this piece of kit) and there's a lot of pixellation due to compression in the processing of the 4K video. I'll try and replace it with an improved version a little later although I've done as much as I could to take out wind rumble, hopefully it's still worth a look though.

Archived