New Jouef TGVs

Hello,

I noticed some new HO TGV models by Jouef are being advertised on the Hornby international website.

Does anyone know whether they will be any good?

They look to be die cast metal with working pantographs, directional lighting and DC/DCC Sound versions. It looks like they don't have interior lighting, or at least it's not mentioned.

Appreciate any information on these if anyone has any? Or indeed if there are any tips on which is the best TGV model to buy.

Thanks

Be wary; the ones in sets have often been  to a lower level of finish and detailing than the ones you buy vehicle-by-vehicle; a sort of 'Railroad' range, though Jouef were doing them like that long before Hornby bought them. The latter are generally a very good level of finish. The spec for the new TGV-Sud-Est is:-

Item number: HJ2326 / HJ2327

NEW
  • Digital decoder plug: 21 pins (MTC)
  • Front/rear lights: white and red, directional.
  • Owner: SNCF
  • Metal die-cast chassis
  • Functional pantograph(s)
  • Flywheel(s)
  • System: DC / DC/DCC (Digital) with Sound
  • Length over buffers (mm): 1017

• RMweb Gold

thanks for that, very helpful. i will definitely check out hamley's and be wary of the train set versions.

These sound OK from those specifications.

Back in the day, Jouef actually made three versions: supermarket, toy shop, model shop. Wildly different specification and pricing. Totally incompatible coupling systems and extra vehicles not available to bring some of the sets up to length.

So I would be a bit careful about buying one until you are sure that you can get all the bits that you need.

Archived