Beyond baffling, isn't it?

Unfortunately, the site where I found it is Spanish, and since I don't speak the language, the reasons will forever, to me anyway, remain a mystery.

Maybe its a big thing on Facebook in Spain, rabbits bedecked in bakery goods, or perhaps its some local tradition, specific to one isolated hilltop village, celebrating the miracle of the loaves and rabbits, sent in response to fervent prayer, which saved the populace from starvation during an otherwise-forgotten siege in the Thirteenth Century.

Ah, no, actually, maybe its something to do with St Menagell, patron(ess) saint of rabbits, apparently.

Edited by Nearholmer

• RMweb Gold

I know that yesterday was the period of absolute new year misery, but I thought the inmates parishioners would appreciate this.....

:sungum:

I did indeed appreciate that very much. Thank you

Don

Unfortunately, the site where I found it is Spanish, and since I don't speak the language, the reasons will forever, to me anyway, remain a mystery.

Maybe its a big thing on Facebook in Spain, rabbits bedecked in bakery goods, or perhaps its some local tradition, specific to one isolated hilltop village, celebrating the miracle of the loaves and rabbits, sent in response to fervent prayer, which saved the populace from starvation during an otherwise-forgotten siege in the Thirteenth Century.

I doubt it. They've been doing it with cats for years. The Internet is just a really strange place.

post-33750-0-97885700-1548177655_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Ah, no, actually, maybe its something to do with St Menagell, patron(ess) saint of rabbits, apparently.

Nothing to do with Welsh Raebit then.

Don

• RMweb Premium

Which is why I leave Farcebook to my wife to monitor.

I am beginning to realise why our host moved north; he will need all of North Yorkshire to house the layout once it has included all the themes suggested by parishioners - and that's without the other four layouts he wants to build.

Jonathan

Edited by corneliuslundie

• RMweb Gold

Hm. How do you multi-quote? I really am NOT trying to inflate my post count.

Seriously?

Just click “multiquote” on each post of interest, then when you have them all selected, click on “Reply to N posts”.

Erm, with the MultiQuote button...

Unfortunately pressing it only gets you this, and nothing more which is not in the least bit intuitive or helpful. No instructions, no hints what to do. Zilch.

post-34294-0-09940500-1548191347.jpg

I still don't know how to actually set up multiple replies to several posts.

I deleted my reply to Simon because it was just too tiresome to respond, yet again, to his veiled barbs, and because his "Seriously?" insulted my intelligence, because it was a wholly un-neccessary jab.

I was indeed, serious, Simon. And you knew that. The pertinent question is, were you?

Edited by Martin S-C

• RMweb Premium

Unfortunately pressing it only gets you this, and nothing more which is not in the least bit intuitive or helpful. No instructions, no hints what to do. Zilch.

attachicon.gifImage1.jpg

I still don't know how to actually set up multiple replies to several posts.

Go to the next post you want to reply to, hit the multiquote button, and it'll tell you you can now reply to 2 quoted post(s). Repeat until all the posts you want to reply to are selected, then hit the Reply to n quoted posts button. The only snag is, you can only select posts from the same page - a real pain when you're trying to add your ha'pennyworth to a day's worth of CA!

• RMweb Gold

I deleted my reply to Simon because it was just too tiresome to respond, yet again, to his veiled barbs, and because his "Seriously?" insulted my intelligence, because it was a wholly un-neccessary jab.

I was indeed, serious, Simon. And you knew that. The pertinent question is, were you?

I didn’t know if you were being serious, actually, or being witty about the sometimes awkwardness of the software (as Stephen has pointed out - it ain’t obvious, and it took me a few attempts to work out how to use it) or just being self deprecating about the number of posts. Sometimes I respond to a post, then to another, and then think, oh bother, why didn’t I use multiquote.

There were barbs, veiled or otherwise. Yet again you read into it what you wanted to read into it.

Let’s be clear about this: I don’t jab at you.

Get over yourself.

Go to the next post you want to reply to, hit the multiquote button, and it'll tell you you can now reply to 2 quoted post(s). Repeat until all the posts you want to reply to are selected, then hit the Reply to n quoted posts button.

Seriously?

Just click “multiquote” on each post of interest, then when you have them all selected, click on “Reply to N posts”.

Basically, what I said, but with more words to make it even clearer.

• RMweb Premium

St Melangell;

http://www.st-melangell.org.uk/English/Church/stmelangellchurch.htm

a good railway connection - Llangynog, Tanat Valley Light Railway

Jonathan

Interesting place, particularly in having a saints shrine. Looking at the tower reminded me straight away of Clun church. I fancy it helped to have churches in the Welsh borderlands with very solidly built towers as a place of refuge.

post-26540-0-26218100-1548193730_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Sort of like an oasthouse, ins't it? 

In Kent and Sussex, these were used for drying hops; in Wales, they were employed for drying Welsh people, who used them to get out of the rain and have a nice sit down for a few hours on a Sunday. May go some way to explaining the traditionally fervent nature of faith in Wales, drying off.

Martin.. I feel a trans continental scrap emerging here.

You are one up on me... I can't get the hang of screen grabs! and don't get me started on Smart phones!!

You were plodding along a trail which by my standards was correct and intuitive, just stopped too soon.

It said as shown in your screen grab .. "reply to 1 post(s).."  You have shown that you know how to do so. 

So. to add another Quote .. Just find the next one you wish to reply to, and click the multiquote button in that post, Rmweb puts that into a memory somewhere, and awaits your next move.

The panel on the screen will now show..."reply to 2 posts" Click again to confirm, or go to another post on the same page to select. (see Simon's answer above)

Go to "Reply to this post"  where your selection will appear insert your comments as required by clicking between the copies of the selected quotes.

Note that you can delete parts of the selection which are not included / referenced in your reply if you so desire.

Invoice in the post! :jester:

I see that others have said similar advice while I have been exercising my typing finger !     

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The Mortuary Station at Sydney Central station ran trains to Rookwood Cemetery, Woranora Cemetery in the South of Sydney and Sandgate Cemetery up at Newcastle (thats Newcastle in NSW, not your one - when we aren't naming things bleedingly obvious we use names pinched from the UK).

attachicon.gifm2.jpg

attachicon.gifMortuaryStn.jpg

Funeral trams were not uncommon in some countries http://www.tramz.com/mx/f/f.html and a book has recently been published in the subject https://www.camdenmin.co.uk/products/last-rides-funeral-trams-around-the-world .