'USA' 0-6-0T models - painted samples

dibber25

Is there a full list of the USATC tank loco numbers, not just those that were conveted. The converted ones are all ex Vulcan, and don't have the extra handrails for front steps. That is on the USATC version 1968, so assume is correct. Looking though prototype photos, it seems some had the extra handrails, some did not originally, the Hornby/Rivarossi Ho version does have the handrails, so wondering whichoriginal manufacture they are. There is one in HO with number 1948. Would like to confirm this is correct  .

The NCB and Austin works locos both appear to have the front handrails in photos.

Looking at the MR photos, I notice the NCB one does have the handrails, so it must have even varied in versions from same manufacturer.

Edited by rue_d_etropal

is there any list which says which builder built each loco?

There are full details in Allied Military Locomotives of the Second World War by R. Tourret. Copies are available currently on Amazon.

Tony

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The list of USA S100 locos is in Oakwood Press Locomotion Papers Number 170 The USA 756th RSB.

US Numbers

1250-1499

1927-1999

4300-4399

6000-6090

There is a list of survivors here as at 2004. http://www.project62.supanet.com/locolocation.htm 

You've got a bit of additional text at the end of your link:

http://www.project62.supanet.com/locolocation.htm%C2%A0

This should work: http://www.project62.supanet.com/locolocation.htm

Why are there two threads running for this model? Sure I had posted what versions (or at least 4 of them) Kernow have received - BR early black, BR green, NCB Black, SR Black. Must be on the other thread.

I've tried to concentrate all the recent information on the Model Rail section but posts are still being made under the Bachmann heading. I provided the delivery information on Wednesday on the thread below this one - headed USA tanks delivery update. (CJL)

Why are there two threads running for this model? Sure I had posted what versions (or at least 4 of them) Kernow have received - BR early black, BR green, NCB Black, SR Black. Must be on the other thread.

It was on the other thread : this topic's working in stereo .......

...... MR-108 is also shown as 'In Stock' on the Model Rail website : the K.W.V.R. one.

• Like 1

I've tried to concentrate all the recent information on the Model Rail section but posts are still being made under the Bachmann heading. I provided the delivery information on Wednesday on the thread below this one - headed USA tanks delivery update. (CJL)

since many people ordered from Model Rail it's reasonable to direct questions in this area.

• RMweb Premium

This discussion rumbles on and on with some information being of real use.

I shall add my penneth. Yesterday morning I saw a USA from this production project at work on a new layout, in a garage, in a village not far from my place.

In the afternoon I did a bit of checking up on details and prototype and then I pre ordered 30071 without any hesitation, deviation or repetition (I only need one).

It is, without doubt, one of the finest models I have seen for some time, runs like a silky smooth, smooth thing and as the bunker is detachable I shall be able to modify that to my requirements without damaging the loco and then, hopefully, reattach said bunker.

Changing the loco's identity may be a little more challenging for me but hey, it will be filthy anyway so who cares?

I am happy to announce that I have no connection whatsoever with any of the parties involved in this project, however US Dollars are good at the moment Dibber :nono:

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

and then I pre ordered 30071 without any hesitation, deviation or repetition (I only need one).

The ideal locomotive to double-head with your S&DJR 7F on the Cleethorpes to Exmouth passing SOS Jct, perhaps with the failed Spamcan being hauled immediately behind the two train engines, en-route to Exmouth Jct shed for a repair!

• RMweb Gold

I've got one on order, but I can't recall which one it is, but I believe it's a BR black one. Either way, it will assume the identity of that which was sold back by BR to the MoD for use in the Army Depot at the end of the South Polden Light Railway.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The ideal locomotive to double-head with your S&DJR 7F on the Cleethorpes to Exmouth passing SOS Jct, perhaps with the failed Spamcan being hauled immediately behind the two train engines, en-route to Exmouth Jct shed for a repair!

Ohhhhh you are a card CK. As if..............................................

I'll be asking how the poor old redundant G6 got back to Eastleigh in a moment or two. 

P

• Like 1

This discussion rumbles on and on with some information being of real use.

I shall add my penneth. Yesterday morning I saw a USA from this production project at work on a new layout, in a garage, in a village not far from my place.

In the afternoon I did a bit of checking up on details and prototype and then I pre ordered 30071 without any hesitation, deviation or repetition (I only need one).

It is, without doubt, one of the finest models I have seen for some time, runs like a silky smooth, smooth thing and as the bunker is detachable I shall be able to modify that to my requirements without damaging the loco and then, hopefully, reattach said bunker.

Changing the loco's identity may be a little more challenging for me but hey, it will be filthy anyway so who cares?

I am happy to announce that I have no connection whatsoever with any of the parties involved in this project, however US Dollars are good at the moment Dibber :nono:

Phil

Thanks for your kind comments. I have to confess that I haven't yet taken one apart, although there is talk of running one for demo purposes on my Cornish layout and since that layout is DCC-equipped, I will need to fit one of mine with a decoder in due course. Personally, I would be very wary of trying to convert the gauge to EM or P4, although I guess if you've lots of experience in converting RTR models, you might be OK. It is a very complex little engine with some very tight clearances and Bachmann's designers have put a great deal of time and effort into creating for us a model that we can be proud to offer to customers. We did, however, early in the process have to accept that the provision for sound speakers and gauge widening could not be allowed to compromise the basic silent, OO as-supplied model. On a personal note, as I'm going the other way, the £ and Canadian Dollars are not good at the moment! (CJL)

My Number 36 arrived this morning. Not yet had chance to run it. First impressions-

Livery- the correct Northumberland shading on the lettering, well done.

However, at £25 more than the Hattons WD saddletank that also arrived this week the lack of spring buffers seems a little primitive (the WD has them).

More impressions and pics probably after tomorrow.

Les