Nucast

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, Methuselah said:

I seem to recall that K's did a GWR Armstrong 4-4-0 tender loco in their 'Milestones Of Transport' range. Has there been any mention of that model being produced again....?

I understood the Milestone range had been sold on some time ago to Kay Butler.

kay certsinly sold Lions and LT 4-4-0 kits.

K's Armstrong was produced from modified Dean Single tools.

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Coach bogie said:

I understood the Milestone range had been sold on some time ago to Kay Butler.

kay certsinly sold Lions and LT 4-4-0 kits.

K's Armstrong was produced from modified Dean Single tools.

Mike Wiltshire

I seem to recall CSP have some of the Milestone range, I think these kits went off into a different direction after K's demise

Edited by hayfield
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Kay Butler then to the BGS who mainly wanted the Broad Gauge stuff.

Then CSP seem to have acquired them (possibly without the BG Rover which is still listed in the BGS list).

Difficult website to navigate and link to. Put Rover into the search bar.

http://www.broadgauge.org.uk/modelling/bgs_parts_prices_4mm.html

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

The Armstrong came out right at the end of K's when Teign Models were involved. I had one on order from Hatton's who were struggling to get new stock. I secured one from Teign Models and then the Hatton's one turned up. I was under the impression that not that many were made. The tenders on both had flaws and I substituted Kitmaster Truro tenders. Both are still running, one of my layout and the other on indefinite loan to a friends set up.

Gooch(2).jpg.8c507ec5b7909db189c15357ade8e168.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 10

On 18/01/2024 at 19:41, Coach bogie said:

The Armstrong came out right at the end of K's when Teign Models were involved. I had one on order from Hatton's who were struggling to get new stock. I secured one from Teign Models and then the Hatton's one turned up. I was under the impression that not that many were made. The tenders on both had flaws and I substituted Kitmaster Truro tenders. Both are still running, one of my layout and the other on indefinite loan to a friends set up.

Gooch(2).jpg.8c507ec5b7909db189c15357ade8e168.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

Thanks - Very nice - I think they have to be the prettiest locos ever created. There is - or was, an etched version, but I have been trying to find one of the old K's versions, as they are probably easier to make. Failing that, I'll have to kitbash one of the old Triang Dean Singles as a last resort.

Edited by Methuselah
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Can someone please identify a link or an email address to find out about these kits... I'm after a 2021 class and whilst I see references to a number of places in the posts, and even a reference to a re-released 2021, I see no way of finding a contact...  Beingh in Canada doesn't help as google sometimes refuses to go across the atlantic on searches :)

Regards

Graham

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Moria15 said:

Can someone please identify a link or an email address to find out about these kits... I'm after a 2021 class and whilst I see references to a number of places in the posts, and even a reference to a re-released 2021, I see no way of finding a contact...  Beingh in Canada doesn't help as google sometimes refuses to go across the atlantic on searches :)

Regards

Graham

The email address given in the last issue of Railway Modeller was 'daveellis05@gmail.com.'  They don't have a website.

5 hours ago, Moria15 said:

Regards

Graham

Moxey

As Graham has said you can email Dave Ellis, the other half of the partnership is Branchlines  sales@branchlines.com

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Moria15 said:

Or telephone:

Brian at 01373 822231

sales@branchlines.com

Kind regards,

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

It's probably easier to just phone Brian on the above number. Try again if it doesn't get answered first time, but as far as I know, Branchlines are still trading OK and should have stocks of the kits.

I was considering getting a 2021 kit myself and if I had done so, I would have phoned Brian with my credit card number to hand. More expensive from Canada, I grant you, but probably an effective way of communicating with him.

• Like 1

I have had a reply from Dave @ Nucast. Nu cast kits are being transfered to Brian today . Dave is about to retire. I have asked him to confirm a current email address for Branchlines . I will post any reply.

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, micklner said:

I have had a reply from Dave @ Nucast. Nu cast kits are being transfered to Brian today . Dave is about to retire. I have asked him to confirm a current email address for Branchlines . I will post any reply.

Thanks Mick, a great help. My NUCAST - Partners price list must be out of date. This is a fast moving hobby......

Kind rergards,

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, hayfield said:

If you go to the Branchlines blog   https://branchlines.blogspot.com/  

On the blog page (seems to be no longer updated) there is a link to their email which when clicked on seems to work, access I think access to their email is via this blog page

It's never been updated since Andrew Mullins time and the handover of the business.  As long as you have the email address you can order what you want, get a price and just phone Brian with your card details (even I've managed it 😬).

Edit: of course you can do it all by phone if you want to.  I'm terrified of the thing's personality.

Edited by Tim Dubya
jibbajabba
  • Agree 1