I love the curve to the track - sheer genius, it really adds a sense of space to the scene. 👌👍

Looks to me like a good name for this layout could be "Enderlin".... 🤩😁 it's far more worthy of the name than my version was!! 👍👍

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I agree about the curve.

I also find it fascinating that you seem to be building three layouts in parallel

Don

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

It’s the way I go on, Don, two steps forward, and ,er… two steps back. Is it really three?        ;-)

Edited by Northroader

I read somewhere that every railway modeller has at least 3 layouts...

The one they've finished, the one they're currently building, and the next one they are planning, which of course will be better than the other two and is what they should have built in the first place!!🙄🙄🙄🤣🤣

I don't think it's applicable to all modellers, though. 😁😉

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

I’ve never finished a layout, it sort of changes, and sometimes gets recycled. When I moved a lot went in the bin, and the bit that came with me has since been junked. But then there’s official layouts, for my wife’s tour of inspection, and….. (“you can’t start anymore, until you’ve finished that…”)

Edited by Northroader
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Oh yes, "finished" is definitely a relative term when it comes to layouts!!

In my case it's more often meant "disposed of" rather than "complete" - and usually way before the latter stage was ever reached either!! 🙄🤦‍♂️

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Well theres the US shorties, Washbourne, the Whimsy NG oh and the Continental one could resurface at any time  so it could be four. Now most of us will work for a while on one then focus shifts to another. Whereas you seem to be working on them in parallel. I have a 2mfs one that hasn't been progressed for 2 or 3 years. It was started as someting I could take in the Motorhome. There is no motorhome now. Will I do any more or I do have another baseboard built for a 2mm layout  some 10 years ago I could move to that. Meanwhile I am slowly doing a portable layout in 0. There is progress on the landscaping for the garden layout and I have been given lots of track some from the window of a late friend provided I recovered it before the garden was redone. but digging and building walls doesn't count as modelling and has to fit in with laying paths hedge cutting etc.

I do like the way you are able to get on with modelling so quickly.

Don 

• RMweb Premium

Not as quick as I would like, Don, there’s the usual stuff anyone sharing a home does, and it’s always nice to spend time on the Web. The layouts these days are all very basic jobs, plain track, no points, terminus to fiddle yard configuration, all route setting is by moving cassettes across, and a lot of construction is foamboard cut by Stanley knife and glued. Building a garden layout sounds like hard work, but best wishes for making progress

You've missed out the broad gauge continental, where not much has happened for a while, I must get more bits before Slaters put their prices up in August. The standard gauge continental I do hope will resurface, to a Cunning Plan. It’s making it invisible to the boss that’s the problem.

• Like 1